PDA

View Full Version : Poor Connection [XBOX360]

Mattch
18-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Every so often while playing ANY game on MP my connection falls to 1 red bar and i fly around the map but this only seems to happen at around 4pm GMT and lasts until about midnight.

Do you have any idea why this keeps happening?

Im on a wireless adapter and I have made sure nothing else is connected.
I am using a X360

Ontario
18-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I get this most nights 4pm till about 10pm really bad connection to live.

J0SH
18-11-2009, 09:27 PM
That's why I use a really long ethernet lead, instant 4 bar if I'm on a good British host.

Oleh
18-11-2009, 10:55 PM
i cant help but wonder why iW didnt put localised searching into cod mw2, it isnt like it wont stop boosting (if you could boost like halo 3)

ItsDave
18-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Ah so it's not just me then? Yeah pretty lousey connection, I keep editing my BT HUB's settings to allow Xbox Live through easier giving it a better connection. It says I have red or yellow bar in game, but the animation frame works the same its just bullet delays, which isn't too much of a problem, as long as I can play.

TehJoshy
18-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Sure your NAT is open?

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=908880&lcid=1033&category=xboxlive

Mattch
19-11-2009, 01:29 PM
When im on the lobby screen (before you click "find game") it says NAT TYPE: OPEN so its not that.

I have set my BT Home hub 2.0 (the black one) with the firewall disabled, and the Xbox to have the Xbox live application sharing rule applied (see image)

Settings Image (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/Mattch23/Habbo/BTHUBSETTINGS.jpg)

Atleast im not the only one having the issues because its so annoying when Im about to get a 11 Kill streak (AC130) then fly around the map and get killed :(

ItsDave
19-11-2009, 09:29 PM
When im on the lobby screen (before you click "find game") it says NAT TYPE: OPEN so its not that.

I have set my BT Home hub 2.0 (the black one) with the firewall disabled, and the Xbox to have the Xbox live application sharing rule applied (see image)

Settings Image (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/Mattch23/Habbo/BTHUBSETTINGS.jpg)

Atleast im not the only one having the issues because its so annoying when Im about to get a 11 Kill streak (AC130) then fly around the map and get killed :(

How did you set up your Xbox to have a name? I tried that then it ruined it. +REP You seem to have it set up better than me and yet I can play... strange.

Black_Apalachi
20-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Mine was like this a few weeks back. The two things we did were removed the white box on the wall and connected the router's phone line directly instead of through the white casing (because the internet company advised this). But at the same time I had moved the wireless XBOX adapter to a port on the front of the console as someone on here advised.

Not sure which it was down to, but it's been great since.

Mattch
20-11-2009, 09:29 AM
How did you set up your Xbox to have a name? I tried that then it ruined it. +REP You seem to have it set up better than me and yet I can play... strange.

On the hub manager login to the settings section and go to "Advanced Settings" confirm the choice and click Home Network and it will look something like this:

Home Network (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/Mattch23/Habbo/BTHOMEHUBSETTINGS.png)

Click on what ever is listed in the wireless section that should be called something like XBOX1285HHU47 and change the name:

Name Change (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/Mattch23/Habbo/BTHOMEHUBSETTINGSDEPTH.png)

Mine was like this a few weeks back. The two things we did were removed the white box on the wall and connected the router's phone line directly instead of through the white casing (because the internet company advised this). But at the same time I had moved the wireless XBOX adapter to a port on the front of the console as someone on here advised.

Not sure which it was down to, but it's been great since.

Will try both of these thanks.

ItsDave
20-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I found it, it's called Unknown-00-00-00-00 lol. I just don't know how to open it. Xbox Lives going straight through my HUB, like how yours is set up, should I put Call Of Duty into Unknown 00-00-00-00 and then Apply to see if it will open?

Btw, its not all zeroes, I just cant remember the numbers, but it is called Unknown.

ecstasy
20-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Around 5pm half the worlds online which is bound to affect your connection

ItsDave
20-11-2009, 09:36 PM
If half the worlds online surely it should be eaiser to find a game with more people? But then more people require a good server, so they kind of even themselves out. Fail>Myself.

Mattch
22-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Well MW2 has NO dedicted servers so that could be an issue, but you can tell if its the hosts connection as 1 person has 4 / 5 bars and everyone else is on Red.

Its ONLY me when it happens so it cant be the host :(

PaulMacC
22-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Well MW2 has NO dedicted servers so that could be an issue, but you can tell if its the hosts connection as 1 person has 4 / 5 bars and everyone else is on Red.

Its ONLY me when it happens so it cant be the host :(
Dedicated servers isn't the problem, that issue only effects PC. Console Gaming has never or rarely has had dedicated servers and we've been playing on them for over 4 years now.

Mattch
22-11-2009, 03:41 PM
True but its just odd, everyone else has 5 i have Red, my hubs setup correct, i've tried all the things mentioned in this forum + the website but its still doing it.

:(

ecstasy
23-11-2009, 05:17 PM
True but its just odd, everyone else has 5 i have Red, my hubs setup correct, i've tried all the things mentioned in this forum + the website but its still doing it.

:(

Go wired

Mattch
24-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Cant go wired and today when i logged into the lobby my NAT is now set as "Strict" havent changed anything though

ItsDave
25-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I looked for some advice on google about the BT Hub, did it, and its made it worse.

I can't stand this bloody game. It demands soooo much ;[

Mattch
27-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I looked for some advice on google about the BT Hub, did it, and its made it worse.

I can't stand this bloody game. It demands soooo much ;[

I changed my Xbox settings to "Keep this IP Address" then added it to the DmZn part of Advanced Settings (under home network)

ItsDave
28-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I changed my Xbox settings to "Keep this IP Address" then added it to the DmZn part of Advanced Settings (under home network)

Thats what made it worse lol, I did that. But its ok now. Its like it was before. Its yellow and then goes green. So my connections fine all the time. I just dont want it saying Strict lol

Mattch
29-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Make sure you have the App Sharing rule XBOX LIVE on your Xbox360 (Like in my image i posted)

Wise
01-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Im not quite sure, but maybe its due to alot of people in America coming online? I don't know, sorry! :S

Mattch
14-12-2009, 04:24 PM
To save starting a new thread i post here:

When ever i enter the Multiplayer section and try to connect to Xbox Live (picking it from the menu) it disconnects me from XBL but as soon as I go to the dashboard it allows me to reconnect.

Any ideas why it D/C me when trying to connect to multiplayer?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!