PDA

View Full Version : Britain 'opposed' to EU Federalist Herman Van Rompuy becoming European President

-:Undertaker:-
19-11-2009, 01:32 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/6598483/EU-President-Britain-opposed-to-Herman-Van-Rompuy.html

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/140940/Britain-ruled-by-a-Belgian-

http://www.ukip.org/content/latest-news/1326-belgian-eu-president-a-joke

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01524/Rompuy_1524005c.jpg

Mr Van Rompuy is a supporter of the creation of an EU federal state, with its own anthem, flag and with powers to collect taxes on car fuel or financial transactions from Europe's citizens. He has won the support of Germany and France for the top EU job, sidelining Tony Blair's chances of becoming President of the European Council, a new post created by the Lisbon Treaty.

Chris Bryant, the Europe minister, has insisted that Mr Blair still has a fighting chance at a Brussels summit dinner to select a President and EU foreign minister on Thursday night. He attacked William Hague and the Conservatives for having damaged Britain's national interest by preferring a Belgian federalist to Mr Blair, Britain's candidate.

UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage said: “Mr Rompuy’s comments just show the direction the Brussels elite wish to take things: one flag, one anthem, one tax rate, one army, one nation – Europe.”

..so this guy may just be voted in as European President.

Misawa
19-11-2009, 01:50 AM
As long as it isn't Blair.

Wig44.
19-11-2009, 06:18 PM
As long as it isn't Blair.

I don't think you are fully thinking through the idea of having the EU as a federal state. Since it seems almost inevitable that Rompuy is going to become the president, I hope people have the sense to vote UKIP.

hah
19-11-2009, 08:01 PM
i think ukip is against it not the whole of britian

ifuseekamy
19-11-2009, 08:04 PM
A guy that wants to unite Europe into a single superstate being backed by the two countries that previously went to war numerous times with Europe to achieve the same thing. Shocking.

alexxxxx
19-11-2009, 08:27 PM
A guy that wants to unite Europe into a single superstate being backed by the two countries that previously went to war numerous times with Europe to achieve the same thing. Shocking.
how is this shocking?

if it's shocking the only thing that is, is that the foreign relations of europe are now so tight after centuries of wars.

ifuseekamy
19-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Probably because the EU achieved centralisation of power, particularly in the Franco-German intergovernments, which is essentially what European wars were fought for.

alexxxxx
19-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Probably because the EU achieved centralisation of power, particularly in the Franco-German intergovernments, which is essentially what European wars were fought for.

Well it was a gradual further integration graced from permission of all governments rather than a forceful invasion by a dictator.

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2009, 09:22 PM
"one flag, one anthem, one tax rate, one army, one nation – Europe.”

I rather have the British flag, British anthem, British tax rate, British Army. Stupid idea. I don't want to be in some "over controlled" EU nation. :/

alexxxxx
19-11-2009, 09:29 PM
"one flag, one anthem, one tax rate, one army, one nation – Europe.”

I rather have the British flag, British anthem, British tax rate, British Army. Stupid idea. I don't want to be in some "over controlled" EU nation. :/

well seeing as noone is asking for that, bar tax haromonisation.

we all have our own flags, anthems, armies... and any attempt to take them would be a great mistake.

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2009, 09:38 PM

we all have our own flags, anthems, armies... and any attempt to take them would be a great mistake.

I was just saying my view on what that UKIP leader thinks what they want.

19-11-2009, 10:05 PM
i think ukip is against it not the whole of britian

..is that why we've been given a referendum/choice on the EU?, oh wait my mistake, we haven't.

how is this shocking?

if it's shocking the only thing that is, is that the foreign relations of europe are now so tight after centuries of wars.

It is shocking because people such as you, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and the rest of the Brussels elite don't give a damn what the people want or say, and just carry on like its your own tinpot dictatorship.

I'll hand it to Robert Mugabe, at least he doesn't pretend Zimbabwe is a democracy.

Well it was a gradual further integration graced from permission of all governments rather than a forceful invasion by a dictator.

Where is the permission/mandate from the people of Europe and the United Kingdom?

..but oh it's just fine to have 84% of our laws made by the unelected EU is it?

alexxxxx
19-11-2009, 10:47 PM
..is that why we've been given a referendum/choice on the EU?, oh wait my mistake, we haven't.

good ol' crappy argument again.

It is shocking because people such as you, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and the rest of the Brussels elite don't give a damn what the people want or say, and just carry on like its your own tinpot dictatorship.

I'll hand it to Robert Mugabe, at least he doesn't pretend Zimbabwe is a democracy.

The people in the comission and parliament will continue doing their jobs as set by the european council. Blame the national parliaments not the EU itself for its own existence. It only exists because democratically elected governments made it so. There is no 'higher force' like in the Soviet Union or in Nazi-Occupied europe. The EU is literally employed to do its job as by how the member states ask it to do so. If you have a job to integrate Europe further, that's what you'd do unless told otherwise.

Where is the permission/mandate from the people of Europe and the United Kingdom?

..but oh it's just fine to have 84% of our laws made by the unelected EU is it?
The National Parliaments gave their mandates and it is fine that we make our laws like so. Why don't you go and learn about democracy and how the EU works.

On another note Nick Griffin gave an excellent speech in the Parliament on the 11th about how we villanise russia unfairly compared to the actions of other dodgy states that we deal with (the USA and china for example) and that we have been very hippocritical. Impressive.

19-11-2009, 11:23 PM
good ol' crappy argument again.

What, the democracy argument? - give the people a say and if they vote for the European Union then I have no argument left what so ever, but you won't support the idea of the people getting their say on an instiutional that makes 84% of their laws because you know people can see right through it.

The people in the comission and parliament will continue doing their jobs as set by the european council. Blame the national parliaments not the EU itself for its own existence. It only exists because democratically elected governments made it so. There is no 'higher force' like in the Soviet Union or in Nazi-Occupied europe. The EU is literally employed to do its job as by how the member states ask it to do so. If you have a job to integrate Europe further, that's what you'd do unless told otherwise.

The Commission is the higher force and you know it, while in Britain you and other Europhiles may pretend its just a loose organisation of states, across in the mainland MEPs' openly admit the EU is a federal superstate in the making, infact when we signed up to the EEC it was actually on the white papers.

The National Parliaments gave their mandates and it is fine that we make our laws like so. Why don't you go and learn about democracy and how the EU works.

We had the mandate from the Labour Party in 2005, which stated they would hold a referendum on EU reformal - they lied, maybe its you who should learn not to trust politicians, especially the Lib/Lab/Con elite.

On another note Nick Griffin gave an excellent speech in the Parliament on the 11th about how we villanise russia unfairly compared to the actions of other dodgy states that we deal with (the USA and china for example) and that we have been very hippocritical. Impressive.

Valclav Klaus and Nigel Farage also give great speeches on how we are quick to call Iran/Zimbabwe/China/former Soviet Union undemocratic yet Europe won't even give its own people a say.

Impressive indeed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!