PDA

View Full Version : PSN plans premium subscriptions, online play remains free

Stephen!
21-11-2009, 01:51 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/psn-plans-premium-subscriptions-online-play-remains-free-1

Earlier today, we reported on news that Sony was planning to generate revenue from a new subscription model on the PlayStation Network. The bad news is, it looks like the PSN is indeed going the "Xbox Live" route some time in the future. The good news, however, is that it won't affect online play. Phew!

J0SH
21-11-2009, 08:17 AM
So what exactly are people going to be paying for? Something similar to Zune or Netflix I assume?

dbgtz
21-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Tbh I imagine everything we have now will stay free, home will be free because they make money seperatly. I wonder what they'll include...

Neil
21-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Well I doubt there is much else they can add so they must be charging for some stuff that is already available, I can imagine stuff like the internet browser, youtube and stuff, about the only things that will never be paid are VidPlayer and iPlayer, multiplayer will remain free for a while but I bet a year or so from now that will change, or they'll make you pay for all content and no longer offer free stuff or something.

Fez
21-11-2009, 05:45 PM
This was in the rumour tanks a while ago, that PS3 MMOs would require subscriptions or something, I imagine this will become something similar.

Firehorse
22-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Not that great to hear since I purchased a PS3 over a 360 deliberately because I wouldn't have to have a subscription for online play etc. Personally I think its one of the bigger selling points of the ps3 because all the people with brains see they save money in the long run.

Neil
22-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Yea I'd certainly rather pay for my subscription as it's evident if you pay you get a better service and that's really not even biased or anything, it's a known fact xbox live is superior.

dbgtz
30-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Xbox live isnt that much greater now. Infact they're probably about even imo.

Robbinz
02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Xbox live isnt that much greater now. Infact they're probably about even imo.

no seriosly xbox is much better online than ps3

Fez
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=605402

Live is only marginally better than PSN, but better is still better.

Disagree with me or whatever, I can't be bothered to argue.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!