PDA

View Full Version : Want a cheap phone?

Johno
22-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Saw this in ASDA today, a Samsung E1120 on Orange for £10 with £5 airtime. So in essence thats the phone for a fiver.

Its not exactly the greatest phone but it would be pretty good for an older relative or a younger kid, a nice present and pretty cheap too. I can't exactly vouch for how good the phone is itself but for a tenner you can't really argue.

EDIT: Here it is on the ASDA website, two bad reviews but anywho: http://bit.ly/qyePi

Smits
22-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Not a bad phone, would be good for a second, in fact i might go pick it up.

The Professor
23-11-2009, 01:25 PM
oldnewsyawn :P

They've been selling phones this cheap for around a year now AFAIK :)

ElliottThompson
24-11-2009, 05:22 PM
oldnewsyawn :P

They've been selling phones this cheap for around a year now AFAIK :)
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/FloridaJudy/troll-spray.jpg
*Sprays*

Anyway nice find, I may pick of of these phones for a relative or two as I shop in ASDA alot and yet to see one for 10 pound with 5 pound airtime:D I always trust samsung products, cheap or expensive xD

The Professor
24-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Aww I'm not a real troll :( I just have troll like urges that need to be addressed :P

My friend has this phone or a samsung one like it, its actually pretty nice!

HotelUser
26-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I would never buy such a fail phone, though. Even for 10 pounds:P

Aww I'm not a real troll :( I just have troll like urges that need to be addressed :P

ahhahahahahaha the trollee has become the troller:D

Markeh
26-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I might pick myself one of these up. Yes, I've got my W715, but it costs me a ton on my contract to use the net (and if I had the internet pack it wouldn't be worth it), so might be ideal for accessing Facebook mobile occasionally through WAP, maybe as a backup phone for when I forget to charge mine...

Sunny.
26-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Good deal with the £5 free airtime too.

I seen them at TJ Hughes for £10 on T mobile with no topup.
&& orange sell them for £9 but you hve to buy £10 topup so £19.

Ideal for a spair fone imo

The Professor
26-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Tbh a good spare phone is an old blackberry from ebay, full keyboard and all the features that phone has for a similar price. That's what I did anyway :D

HotelUser
26-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Tbh a good spare phone is an old blackberry from ebay, full keyboard and all the features that phone has for a similar price. That's what I did anyway :D

Yeah, or an old HTC Vogue or Palm Treo:)

ElliottThompson
28-11-2009, 12:30 PM
dunno if relatives would be that happy with me buying them second hand phones for christmas xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!