PDA

View Full Version : Games for 2010

dbgtz
25-11-2009, 05:40 PM
What you getting? I'm getting whatever is shown in my sig assuming its out in 2010. That modnation racers thing seems cool, and I guess I'll get the next cod too probs.

EDIT: Not a game, but I'll probably get the PS wand too xD

PaulMacC
25-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2

Coheed&Cambria
25-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Maybe FFXIII

definitely Just Cause 2

Teknequez
25-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Not really sure what games are coming out.
But GT5.

Fez
25-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Pretty much everything.

Zak
26-11-2009, 01:56 AM
i want GT5

seen in the argos catalogue it's available from December 4th?!

Jordy
26-11-2009, 11:51 PM
There is of course Halo Reach and I'll probably get the new Call of Duty no matter what. Beyond that I don't think there's much else?

Fable III if there's one of them perhaps?

Jam
27-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Halo Reach, Just Cause 2, F1 2010, Battlefield Bad Company 2, ModNation Racers, Fable III, FIFA 11, MAG and Dante's Inferno.

Neil
27-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Crackdown 2
Just Cause 2
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Fable 3 if that is one of the Natal launch titles
MAG
CoD7 - You know it'll happen
Army of Two: The 40th Day

And anything I didn't get this year or for christmas.

Black_Apalachi
27-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I would have got GT5 but I'd rather trade the PS3 in. I dunno about a new COD, I'd have to do some research first. I mean if it's made by the COD4 people then yeah, MW2 people then no (they were different people, right?).

Jord
27-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Crackdown 2
Just Cause 2
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Fable 3 if that is one of the Natal launch titles
MAG
CoD7 - You know it'll happen
Army of Two: The 40th Day

And anything I didn't get this year or for christmas.

These but not mag

Neil
27-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I would have got GT5 but I'd rather trade the PS3 in. I dunno about a new COD, I'd have to do some research first. I mean if it's made by the COD4 people then yeah, MW2 people then no (they were different people, right?).

No, Infinity Ward make the MW games, Treyarch will have their game this year, they made World at War.

Fez
27-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I'll list them because I'm cool.

- Heavy Rain
- God of War III
- God of War Collection
- Call of Duty 7
- Army of Two: The 40th Day
- Bioshock 2
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Gran Turismo 5
- Mass Effect 2
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Just Cause 2
- Metal Gear Solid: Rising
- Dantes Inferno (maybe)
- The Last Guardian
- Fallout New Vegas

Probably whatever else my editor throws at me.

dbgtz
27-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh yer I'll get rising too

Skajo
27-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Crackdown 2 and Just Cause 2.

Neil
27-11-2009, 04:39 PM
LA Noire maybe if it's out next year and if they announce the 360 version.

dbgtz
27-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Announce a 360 version, hopefully they don't imo, PS3 needs a decent sandbox exclusive.

Neil
27-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Announce a 360 version, hopefully they don't imo, PS3 needs a decent sandbox exclusive.

PS3 needs a decent exclusive, I don't really see why it matters, obviously LA Noire is gonna be on the xbox because Rockstar themselves basically announced it wasn't exclusive when they revealed Agent.

Fez
27-11-2009, 05:48 PM
PS3 needs a decent exclusive

:S

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/files/2009/10/uncharted_2_final_box_art.jpg

dbgtz
27-11-2009, 06:02 PM
:S

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/files/2009/10/uncharted_2_final_box_art.jpg
Well that guy just got owned.

Fez
27-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Well that guy just got owned.
Neil doesn't like Uncharted. I honestly don't see why anyone would be hatin' on it.

Neil
27-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I hate Uncharted 1, it is a terrible game that was an obvious attempt to bring Tomb Raider back to the PS3 with a big ugly American idiot as the lead, I have yet to try Uncharted 2 but I'm not expecting much improvement because I despise games that try and be unique while obviously copying something else, I'll obviously try Uncharted 2 when I have a chance too but as none of my friends like PS3s either it'll probably be some time unless they release a demo, until then I'll just stand by my belief the PS3 still lacks an exclusive that isn't something you can play on a PS1.

dbgtz
27-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Right, even though Uncharted 2 uses 90-100% of the PS3s chip thingies (I dunno), thats like 3x more then one. I agree, U1 did lack alot of things and was really buggy but don't diss U2. If you're saying it's plop then Halo 3 is the biggest plop of mankind, still.

Neil
27-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Right, even though Uncharted 2 uses 90-100% of the PS3s chip thingies (I dunno), thats like 3x more then one. I agree, U1 did lack alot of things and was really buggy but don't diss U2. If you're saying it's plop then Halo 3 is the biggest plop of mankind, still.

No Uncharted 1 is worse than Halo 3, I don't get why you start going on about Halo 3? That's such a typical fanboy response, I don't even like Halo so yea, it wasn't "bugs" that I didn't like, I just hated the game, it was boring, and obviously you can't read because I didn't "diss" Uncharted 2, I just said I expect nothing from it because it comes under the "we're copying Tomb raider" genre.

Black_Apalachi
27-11-2009, 07:15 PM

Thanks for reminding me! To anyone in PS3 vs 360 arguments that calls me a 360 fan boy, I would just like to say: HALO 3 IS **** :).

Fez
27-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I hate Uncharted 1, it is a terrible game that was an obvious attempt to bring Tomb Raider back to the PS3 with a big ugly American idiot as the lead, I have yet to try Uncharted 2 but I'm not expecting much improvement because I despise games that try and be unique while obviously copying something else, I'll obviously try Uncharted 2 when I have a chance too but as none of my friends like PS3s either it'll probably be some time unless they release a demo, until then I'll just stand by my belief the PS3 still lacks an exclusive that isn't something you can play on a PS1.

What was wrong with Uncharted 1? I see nothing wrong with it, it was pretty good. It had a lot of bad qualities, we'll admit, short story, just a single-player campaign, thin story and we were often confused at times. The graphics were stunning at the time and they still look pretty. But the jagged lines and such around the foliage sort of took away our dreams of photo-realism.

It was still a good game. It borrowed from the likes of Tomb Raider and Gears of War, but I'd say it's better than any of the newer Raiders and on par with Gears.

Also, don't bring Halo 3 into this. It's stupid to use it as a standpoint because every 360 fan with half a brain knows it sucks.

Neil
27-11-2009, 07:32 PM
What was wrong with Uncharted 1? I see nothing wrong with it, it was pretty good. It had a lot of bad qualities, we'll admit, short story, just a single-player campaign, thin story and we were often confused at times. The graphics were stunning at the time and they still look pretty. But the jagged lines and such around the foliage sort of took away our dreams of photo-realism.

It was still a good game. It borrowed from the likes of Tomb Raider and Gears of War, but I'd say it's better than any of the newer Raiders and on par with Gears.

Also, don't bring Halo 3 into this. It's stupid to use it as a standpoint because every 360 fan with half a brain knows it sucks.

Again I'm not saying anything about the graphics, I'm not saying it's a bad looking game, I just found it boring, it's as simple as that, like I find Metal Gear Solid boring or quite a few of the "big name" games really.

Fez
27-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Metal Gear 4 practically rips off the series '24' in every possible way. It's cheesy, corny and reserved only for lifelong fans of the series. That's why I love it.

I don't see how it's boring though. You climb a bit, you shoot a bit, you stealth a bit, you fight monsters a bit - it's all varied and always getting spiced up. Unless it was a control issue, then I see nothing wrong with it.

Treasure hunting was stupid though. Still is.

Neil
27-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Metal Gear 4 practically rips off the series '24' in every possible way. It's cheesy, corny and reserved only for lifelong fans of the series. That's why I love it.

I don't see how it's boring though. You climb a bit, you shoot a bit, you stealth a bit, you fight monsters a bit - it's all varied and always getting spiced up. Unless it was a control issue, then I see nothing wrong with it.

Treasure hunting was stupid though. Still is.

It's all down to preference, I just don't like stealth games really, you prefer Fallout and I prefer Borderlands.

Fez
27-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah but Fallout and Borderlands are totally different. Borderlands is shooty shooty and Fallout is talky talky. I think Borders is in its own category all together, I don't have a favourite, if I had to choose between playing either two of them for the rest of my life it would have to be Fallout.

Uncharted isn't a steal game, it's a third-person shooter. It does have elements of stealth in it, and stealth can be done more in the 2nd game. It's entirely optional.

Neil
27-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah but Fallout and Borderlands are totally different. Borderlands is shooty shooty and Fallout is talky talky. I think Borders is in its own category all together, I don't have a favourite, if I had to choose between playing either two of them for the rest of my life it would have to be Fallout.

Uncharted isn't a steal game, it's a third-person shooter. It does have elements of stealth in it, and stealth can be done more in the 2nd game. It's entirely optional.

I was referring to MGS when I mentioned stealth, either way, I've already said it just find Uncharted boring, I don't know why it just is.

Fez
27-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Doesn't make it a bad game if you don't like it just due to preference, doesn't make it an exclusive that isn't decent either.

Neil
27-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Doesn't make it a bad game if you don't like it just due to preference, doesn't make it an exclusive that isn't decent either.

I never said it was bad but it's still not decent, MAG might be the only decent exclusive

Fez
27-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not looking forward to MAG to be honest, looks like a generic shooter with a gimmicky "267 billioan playerz!111." The Beta was quite laggy for me and it doesn't really have much of a hook to draw me in.

I still think you're missing out on Uncharted 2. I hope you play it sometime.

Neil
27-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm not looking forward to MAG to be honest, looks like a generic shooter with a gimmicky "267 billioan playerz!111." The Beta was quite laggy for me and it doesn't really have much of a hook to draw me in.

Well again, I will play it but I can't until someone I get hold of a copy or they bring a demo.

I'll probably just let my friend buy MAG, I don't care for the PS3 games so much so I don't buy them, waste of money since I never really get into playing it, I guess it's the controller mostly.

Stephen!
27-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Aliens vs Predator

Fez
27-11-2009, 08:30 PM
It's hard switching from the 360 controller to the PS3 controller and vice versa.

I held mine upside down the first week I got my 360 :P

Judge Judy
27-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Agreeing with the MAG was downloading the beta which took me hours, quite excited/see what the hype/thrills was about, but just disappointed tbqh.

J0SH
27-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Crackdown 2
Bioshock 2

CHA!NGANG
28-11-2009, 09:06 PM
FIFA 11 and COD 7. Might get the new Smackdown Vs Raw depending on the features.

I only normally buy 3-4 games a year as I don't have the cash or the time for others. FIFA and COD are must haves for me each year.

adaym
28-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I'll probably end up getting Vancouver 2010 as well.

Neil
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Forgot to add Brink to my list. XD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!