PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave Invites Thread

Mentor
25-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry if there's one of these already in existence but as far as i can tell this is the first.

Google wave is googles idea of what email should be and after useing it in a couple of proper conversations, i'm really starting to get a feel for exactly how useful and how much potential there is within it.

At current i have 3 free invites/nominations, which i'll be happy to donate to the first 3 people to post there emails in this thread :)

My hope is that others with invites will also join in and help convert as many of the habbox geeks to wave as are interested. I'll also return with more invites as they appear :)

In addition to the invites, would be cool to here peoples first thoughts on the product :)

EDIT: please note that a google account is required to access google wave, so gmail/googlemail accounts advised.

Chippiewill
25-11-2009, 08:26 PM
We've had a few of these already, they're a few pages back though.

Anyone interested on how to actually use wave then look here:

http://completewaveguide.com/
Author: Gina Trapani

Mentor
25-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Ah, didnt bother to look that far back, but suppose if anyone missed out the first time this gives em another shot :)

Chippiewill
25-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Ah, didnt bother to look that far back, but suppose if anyone missed out the first time this gives em another shot :)
Uhuh

Not sure if federation is up yet or not, but people can try adding me at:
[email protected]

Edit:
Turns out I now have a main server account also.. [email protected]

Mentor
25-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Are sandbox accounts planned to be hooked up to the main google wave then (federation etc), was under impression they'd just remain separate, tho havent read up on it or anything

hmv
25-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Ugh, I think I'll stick with msn.

kk.
25-11-2009, 10:41 PM
i have 15 invites if anyone is in need too

Recursion
26-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Are sandbox accounts planned to be hooked up to the main google wave then (federation etc), was under impression they'd just remain separate, tho havent read up on it or anything

Google sent me an e-mail with a link in to convert my sandbox account to a full Wave one a while back, now I have a proper Wave account and a developer account.

Chippiewill
26-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I think that it is going to be federated as the first Large scale test of federation...

Google sent me an e-mail with a link in to convert my sandbox account to a full Wave one a while back, now I have a proper Wave account and a developer account.

Same

Mentor
26-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Just checked back, turns out i have the wave with the real account register link in my dev account too. Must have missed it :P suppose its kinda another invite

Neil
26-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Someone mind giving me an invite? xD

PM me.

Dan!
26-11-2009, 06:10 PM
i have 27 invites if anyone wants one just pm me :)

culturist
28-11-2009, 02:09 PM
i have eight invites! need one?
pm me your email address :)

Yonder
30-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Invite others to Google Wave

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!

5 Left

Threads Merged by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Already a thread on this :)

Thanks ^^

Mentor
30-11-2009, 09:16 PM
No shortage of invites.

I created a habboxwave for habbox wave users to use :D Havent figured out a way to link waves yet, but in the wave search box just add: with:public tag:habboxforum and it should come right up :)

Say hi if you can as will be interesting to see if it works

Chippiewill
30-11-2009, 09:48 PM
No shortage of invites.

I created a habboxwave for habbox wave users to use :D Havent figured out a way to link waves yet, but in the wave search box just add: with:public tag:habboxforum and it should come right up :)

Say hi if you can as will be interesting to see if it works
I've been chillin' in the wave for the past half hour, is well awesome...

Wave URL: https://wave.google.com/wave/?#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BoRPhVjPEA

Recursion
01-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Just FYI, I have 38 new invitations if anyone wants one.

GRAWR, WAVE. PLEASE STOP CRASHING FIREFOX.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!