PDA

View Full Version : (Xbox) Turtle Beach X41's OR Astro A40's

[Chris]
27-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Ok, well.. Im looking at buying a pair of either TB X41's or A40s..

Now..

TBs - 7.1 Surround sound
A40s - 5.1

TBs - Wireless - Interference with wireless network? (I heard..)
A40s - Wired - Dont mind the wires..

TBs - Battery Powered
A40s - As above - Wired

TBs - £150
A40s - £209 - Including MixerAmp

So, Can anyone with EITHER, try and convince me? Aha

J0SH
27-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Pointless going for 7.1 surround sound since games use 5.1

[Chris]
27-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Pointless going for 7.1 surround sound since games use 5.1

Yeah, I thought that..

Well.. Im looking more towards the astros.. They look.. better.

Jahova
27-11-2009, 07:45 AM
I'd go for Turtle beaches. The higher model TB's are well worth the money and the astro headsets have too many wires and things to plug in, etc. It's just too fidgety for me.

PaulMacC
27-11-2009, 08:16 AM
I'd go for Turtle beaches. The higher model TB's are well worth the money and the Astro headsets have too many wires and things to plug in, etc. It's just too fidgety for me.
Turtle Beach are a worthless company who just care about money. After their X4's got demolished by A40's and AXPro's they knew they couldnt keep up. They constantly pump out crappy products (see HPX - £20) for use in places like Walmart. My A40's are superb, They are X10 better than any Turtle Beach product I have used. Wired signals will always be stronger than wireless, we haven't even mastered wireless 5.1 and yet Turtle Beach are advertising wireless 7.1 - obviously fake. Again, most games only support 5.1 anyway and there is a reason why Astro is the official MLG sponsor, it's better than TB. My A40's have 3 wires, 1 optical going to the 360 (You gotta' buy this one separately or there are loads more wires you gotta use), 1 going to my headset, 1 going to my controller. Hardly loads :P

Black_Apalachi
27-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I dunno about al the numbers and letters, but I've got the basic TB. It has one cable from TV to console, one cable from console to headset and then a little mic cable from headset cable to controller and it does the job perfectly fine. Easy to use controls to separately adjust game volume and other people's speech volume as well as mute your mic.

We did have to send our first one back to be replaced but in hindsight I think it may have been a fault with one of our controllers causing a buzzing sound when the mic was connected. The only thing I can flaw is the need to unplug the headset to console cable otherwise the power light remains on even when the console is off.

Haven't had experience with any other model of headset so can't say much else. Also don't know the difference between the basic model and the model you are looking at. First thing that jumps out at me though is the use of batteries. I'd much prefer my current set up rather than wireless + batteries.

Edit: oh and £150? The ones I described here were about £40 tops! Can't see how they can be improved for a few games of COD etc.

J0SH
27-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Turtle Beach suck, my chat lead has broke twice..

Jahova
27-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Turtle Beach suck, my chat lead has broke twice..
Yet my best friend have had his for well over 8 month and his chat lead hasn't broken once.

[Chris]
27-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Turtle Beach are a worthless company who just care about money. After their X4's got demolished by A40's and AXPro's they knew they couldnt keep up. They constantly pump out crappy products (see HPX - £20) for use in places like Walmart. My A40's are superb, They are X10 better than any Turtle Beach product I have used. Wired signals will always be stronger than wireless, we haven't even mastered wireless 5.1 and yet Turtle Beach are advertising wireless 7.1 - obviously fake. Again, most games only support 5.1 anyway and there is a reason why Astro is the official MLG sponsor, it's better than TB. My A40's have 3 wires, 1 optical going to the 360 (You gotta' buy this one separately or there are loads more wires you gotta use), 1 going to my headset, 1 going to my controller. Hardly loads :P

Hmm, sounds good.

And yeah, I use the COMP. HDMI for my HD PVR, and i can use the optical sound on that?

PaulMacC
27-11-2009, 04:56 PM
;6165471']Hmm, sounds good.

And yeah, I use the COMP. HDMI for my HD PVR, and i can use the optical sound on that?
How do you use HDMI for your PVR, Unless you mean HD Components.
For the optical cable you need the HD component cables to be in the 360 but there is some type of adapter out there.

@TomSpit - I've been through 7 chat-leads, your friend probably doesn't use his much but I took extremely good care of mine and it broke every month or so I had them. My Astros I've had for over a month now, no complaints, no problems.

[Chris]
27-11-2009, 04:59 PM
How do you use HDMI for your PVR, Unless you mean HD Components.
For the optical cable you need the HD component cables to be in the 360 but there is some type of adapter out there.

@TomSpit - I've been through 7 chat-leads, your friend probably doesn't use his much but I took extremely good care of mine and it broke every month or so I had them. My Astros I've had for over a month now, no complaints, no problems.

Composite HD sorry. Yeah.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!