PDA

View Full Version : Toast!

Black_Apalachi
28-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Right, I want to know exactly how you make your toast. When I was at school, I used to get a piece of toast from the cafeteria at break time. In my opinion, it was the perfect piece of toast every time. Not hard or dry and it also didn't go cold too quickly.

At home however, perfect toast can never be made. Even if it's not too hard, it goes cold within the space of two or three minutes. I know it's stupid, but it's really annoying. My mate at school used to think the exact same thing and we always discussed how the hell it was done :P.

So yeah, we've got a four-slice toaster now, but the problem has always been the same regardless of what sort of taster we've had really. Put bread in, set at about 4-5, butter as soon as it pops, voila. Does your toast come out well? If so what do you do differently?!

Butterfly
28-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I sit on my toast and then use the toilet brush to put on the butter. Comes out perfect.

ecstasy
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
how long do you want your toast to stay warm, dont you just eat it? :S
anyway. fresh bread ftw = toasted on the outside + soft(ish) on the inside

Smits
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I toast mine under the grill until its golden, then smear it with butter and put it back under to melt it all in. Take it out and eat. PErfect, soft, juicy toast.

Alkaz
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I like mine golden brown, and then I like to use real butter which is room temperature and lightly spread lashings of butter on, so that the toast has no indentations from butter or the knife. Then I cut it into triangles and its just blooming awsome :D

Black_Apalachi
04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
how long do you want your toast to stay warm, dont you just eat it? :S
anyway. fresh bread ftw = toasted on the outside + soft(ish) on the inside

It's cold by the time I've spread something on it and sat down to eat it

I toast mine under the grill until its golden, then smear it with butter and put it back under to melt it all in. Take it out and eat. PErfect, soft, juicy toast.

Genius idea!

I like mine golden brown, and then I like to use real butter which is room temperature and lightly spread lashings of butter on, so that the toast has no indentations from butter or the knife. Then I cut it into triangles and its just blooming awsome :D

Omg the thing about indentations is so true Joe!!! :P

LoveToStack
04-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Toast under the grill is infinately better than toaster toast. Then for added goodness, let it cool before you put the butter on so it doesn't melt.

ecstasy
04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
It's cold by the time I've spread something on it and sat down to eat it
Thats weirdly quick :S

Black_Apalachi
04-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Toast under the grill is infinately better than toaster toast. Then for added goodness, let it cool before you put the butter on so it doesn't melt.

That bold bit is a contradiction to me! :P

Eoin
07-12-2009, 12:25 PM
i let the toast sit for awhile until its cooled down a wee bit, then slap some marg on both sides :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!