PDA

View Full Version : Cutenews Question!

Mickword
28-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey Guys! I was wondering since Cutenews is really good at just news, do you think you could use it as CMS, like just so you can change the content and things, like control the whole site just from it?

xXiShadowXx
28-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Cutenews is a news system, not a CMS.

If you want a CMS, try Joomla or something :P

Yonder
28-11-2009, 12:44 PM
You could do of course but if you want a powerful site use a powerful CMS.

AlexOC
28-11-2009, 12:49 PM
I would only use it for doing news, i don't think you could run a whole site of it.

Kyle!
28-11-2009, 02:46 PM
You definitely could use it as a CMS. Not that powerful but you still could, and it would do it relatively well.

AlexOC
28-11-2009, 02:59 PM
You definitely could use it as a CMS. Not that powerful but you still could, and it would do it relatively well.

Apart from adding articles, it cant do much else in the terms of running a site.

Dentafrice
28-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh yes it could.. articles aren't just the only thing you could do. You could create a news post, and use the content in that specific post for a headline, a marquee, or something.

Yonder
02-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Before getting into joomla i used it as a basic CMS i think we even used it like that here at habbox back in 04, a lot of our content was different sections with cutenews, except the RV's.

We had room reviews, news, comps, interviews, articles all through cutenews.

Mickword
02-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah that's what I thought, like say if we have a big site, it would be a lot easier just editing it through the news panel...

Yonder
04-12-2009, 12:44 AM
it would but if you have a big site use joomla or a similar cms.

Chippiewill
04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I would only use it for doing news, i don't think you could run a whole site of it.
Yet I have made an entire site using it

Oh yes it could.. articles aren't just the only thing you could do. You could create a news post, and use the content in that specific post for a headline, a marquee, or something.
Agreed, you can use it to insert HTML just about anywhere on a site. you just have to edit templates and categories for a couple of days and it's a fully functioning CMS.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!