PDA

View Full Version : Rust Glitch

Black_Apalachi
01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
My brother spends most of his time online with his mates looking for what they call "glitches" on maps. They involve climbing and jumping on certain stuff to get to hard to reach areas, I would more likely just call them secret spots but whatever.

Anyway there's one on the Rust map which is more of a glitch really. You stand by the big pipe that runs along a section of the map, at the part that is at ground level and continuously jump as if you were trying to climb on top of it. If you're in the right position you end up inside the pipe but you are able to see everything as if you were just sitting on top of it and nobody can see you!

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I saw him do it on some team game and he just sat there until he'd got enough kills for a nuke lol.

Basically I'm wondering if is this a well-known thing and does anybody else know of anything as good on other maps?

kk.
01-12-2009, 11:40 PM
oh cool, i might have to try that to see if its real, then do a versus with my bro and laugh :P

its not really a glitch but i managed to get onto the roof on highrise :)

Black_Apalachi
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah it is real, and last time I saw him do it I think he got in after about 3 jumps, really quick.

That Highrise one is an example of just the secret places he calls "glitches". I've got on the roof via the crane but not the other roof. I know what you need to do but I haven't managed to jump on the thing in the corner that you climb up lol. I like the secret sniper spot on Afghan, it's actually made me like that map in fact! -taps nose though ;).

kk.
02-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah it is real, and last time I saw him do it I think he got in after about 3 jumps, really quick.

That Highrise one is an example of just the secret places he calls "glitches". I've got on the roof via the crane but not the other roof. I know what you need to do but I haven't managed to jump on the thing in the corner that you climb up lol. I like the secret sniper spot on Afghan, it's actually made me like that map in fact! -taps nose though ;).
the way yhou do it is by jumping and you have to hold A then it climbs up. takes a few goes tho :(

its easy to find things tho, just youtube glitches and it shows you loads. Like i think i just found ur sniper one :P

Black_Apalachi
02-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah I know. And yeah, I watched loads for COD4 ages ago. Most of them would be impossible to do before being killed in a free for all though :P (i only do ffa)

kk.
02-12-2009, 12:09 AM
oh yeh i had a go on FFA yesterday :D was getting like 30-1 and 30-2 :D but then it all went downhill today haha

[Chris]
02-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Well, GLITCHES are things that your NOT supposed to be able to do - Example The RUST WALL BREACH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuyBbbZ6Qvk)

Secret spots would be things, That you can get up without having to do certain things - Eg. Strafe jumping, Breaching ect ect.

There are quite a lot of glitches on MW2, But a lot more waiting to be found..

Glitches - http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/modern-warfare-2-glitches/

No signup is needed to view the glitches.. Theres quite a lot there. Mainly Elevator glitches, Which is using the invisible barriers to push you UP into the air and on top of the barrier - They are stupidly high..

Dusty-09
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
There's a rock in afghan where you can hide inside

J0SH
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
First time I got Rust on TDM yesterday, went straight into the pipe doing FMJ challenges, lol. I ended up 30-3, I only got 3 deaths because I fell out of the pipe somehow while recording, then got owned by air support.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!