PDA

View Full Version : New Info on COD7

Fez
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96517-Treyarch-Looking-for-History-Buff-for-Next-Call-of-Duty

I'm actually really looking forward to what Treyarch do next.

dbgtz
03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Id prefer that they went future but not future, like how star wars is like in the past but is all sci-fi like.

PaulMacC
03-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Battlefield 2142 failed. Call of Duty will fail if it even attempts to go anywhere past 2050.

J0SH
04-12-2009, 05:46 AM
We should be able to play in the year 2020, then like play as Korea and finally drop that nuke on America.

Ontario
04-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Treyarch are going to play the "lets see what War we can do to death" game.

Black_Apalachi
04-12-2009, 01:44 PM
When this comes around, if I'm bored of MW2 I can imagine going back to COD4 or even buying WaW rather than buying another brand new slight disappointment :P.

Dusty-09
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Treyarch suck - end of. I despise WaW and the only fun or good thing which has kept me on it is zombies. Anyway I doubt this is gonna be good but we'll wait and see how they will **** on the CoD brand and ruin it's name forever.

Fez
04-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Treyarch suck - end of. I despise WaW and the only fun or good thing which has kept me on it is zombies. Anyway I doubt this is gonna be good but we'll wait and see how they will **** on the CoD brand and ruin it's name forever.

Okay, first off, if it's "going to ruin its name forever", then why on earth did you play MW2 if COD's name was ruined. You'll play the next Modern Warfare, yeah, because it's not Call of Duty anymore.

I loved WaW to bits, because it's one of the best (if not then THE best) WWII FPS I've ever played. Its campaign is ever and the score, to say the least, is one of the most memorable and absolute awesome ever made. I understand peoples gripes with the multiplayer, but it was never the focus of the product. As far as I know, they never had one team on multiplayer and one team on campaign.

If anything you only hate it because Modern Warfare came out, and it was a breath of fresh air. I see WaW as the final send off to WWII, and a decent one at that.

But if this game is WWII, then I may whine a little bit.

Dusty-09
04-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Okay, first off, if it's "going to ruin its name forever", then why on earth did you play MW2 if COD's name was ruined. You'll play the next Modern Warfare, yeah, because it's not Call of Duty anymore.

I loved WaW to bits, because it's one of the best (if not then THE best) WWII FPS I've ever played. Its campaign is ever and the score, to say the least, is one of the most memorable and absolute awesome ever made. I understand peoples gripes with the multiplayer, but it was never the focus of the product. As far as I know, they never had one team on multiplayer and one team on campaign.

If anything you only hate it because Modern Warfare came out, and it was a breath of fresh air. I see WaW as the final send off to WWII, and a decent one at that.

But if this game is WWII, then I may whine a little bit.

I don't mind WWII FPS personally Battlefield 1943 sounds better. The campaign was ok certainly wasn't awesome. Of course multiplayer has faults, it's camper haven really you can't move without being shot by a noob with MP40 Bandolier Juggernaut Martyrdom: it's like nature. You are telling me that I only hate it because MW2 came out? No as soon as I got the game I started to slowly taste the biterness, it's like how you feel about MW2 except it's me with WaW. Zombies are the best - I'll give them credit for that it was fun and new and although it wasn't very realistic still a blast. Overall I found it sucked, I know treyarch could've done better and I reckon it was rushed. But I'm sure the WWII has ended...

ecstasy
04-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Imo, the reason most people disliked WaW was because MW was such a popular game because of its modern day approach, when WaW came along, people just saw it as another WWII shooter

It'll be good to see a half decent FPS that isnt WWII, but still in the past.

Fez
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't mind WWII FPS personally Battlefield 1943 sounds better. The campaign was ok certainly wasn't awesome. Of course multiplayer has faults, it's camper haven really you can't move without being shot by a noob with MP40 Bandolier Juggernaut Martyrdom: it's like nature. You are telling me that I only hate it because MW2 came out? No as soon as I got the game I started to slowly taste the biterness, it's like how you feel about MW2 except it's me with WaW. Zombies are the best - I'll give them credit for that it was fun and new and although it wasn't very realistic still a blast. Overall I found it sucked, I know treyarch could've done better and I reckon it was rushed. But I'm sure the WWII has ended...

Yeah, multiplayer isn't what Treyarch was trying to deliver. Activision just pressured them to put it in and make it more 'player friendly', thus, the MP40Jugetc.

BF1943 was a stellar title but nothing like WaW, which represented a more brutal and realistic approach to WWII.

I don't feel the same way as I feel with MW2... although maybe I do. I love the campaign to bits (same as WaW), I thing Spec Ops is surprisingly the best component of the game (zombies from WaW), and multiplayer is annoying as hell (same as... yeah WaW).

They had just one year to make this title, they say one, but the COD4 engine took ages to be remastered, and I hear that they had issues with Activision too.

Treyarch get so much flak, but they're not a bad developer, everyone points the finger at them but it's Activision who need to be blamed. COD3, they gave Treyarch just eight months to develop that title. Eight months! WaW they gave them two, but had to wait for the COD4 engine to be finalised. Then there's all the fancy voice actors and whatnot.

I hope that Treyarch just go ahead and bring out all their guts and courage for the next title, their CODs get progressively more better each time around.

Technologic
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Falklands please

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!