PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Man hit in Car attack

Kowther
04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Violence erupted in the occupied West Bank on Wednesday when a Palestinian man entered a petrol station at the Jewish settlement of Kiryat Arba in the occupied West Bank and stabbed two settlers.
But that was not the end of the story. According to the Israeli army, the Palestinian was then shot by a soldier, after which a car, apparently driven by a settler, ran over the wounded Palestinian, twice, with Israeli soldiers all around.
Jacky Rowland reports.
*Viewers may find some of the images disturbing.

Source:Al Jazeera
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...731136137.html (http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/12/2009122174731136137.html)

I think this was a bit harsh shooting him then running him over with a car...
well yeah he did stab two settlers but running him over with a car was a bit OTT.

And the Settlers shouldn't even be there...
The Israeli Settlements in the West Bank are actually illegal... but yeah.

scottish
04-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't press charges on him, he stabbed 2 guys the guy deserves to die a painful death

Accipiter
04-12-2009, 02:08 PM
did he die?

and why does this make think of family guy with peter running over joe.. especially when the dudes legs went ******.

Black_Apalachi
04-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Ewww being run over that slowly is the worst thing imaginable involving being hit/run over by a vehicle :(.

scottish
04-12-2009, 02:10 PM
No hes alive i believe

Accipiter
04-12-2009, 02:11 PM
he didn't get run over enough times then.

Hitman
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
He stabbed somebody and then got owned... quite harsh but he stabbed somebody. :S

-:Undertaker:-
04-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I guess you could look at it this way.. if Britain was invaded by Nazi Germany would you not support fighting back against the Germans? - that would involve shooting, blowing up and knifing German soliders to win back your homeland.

Neither is nice but thats one way of looking at it, desperate people do desperate things.

Accipiter
04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I guess you could look at it this way.. if Britain was invaded by Nazi Germany would you not support fighting back against the Germans? - that would involve shooting, blowing up and knifing German soliders to win back your homeland.

Neither is nice but thats one way of looking at it, desperate people do desperate things.

no doubt theres more civilised ways than stabbing 2 people to get your word across.

-:Undertaker:-
04-12-2009, 10:29 PM
no doubt theres more civilised ways than stabbing 2 people to get your word across.

I guess so, but i'm just comparing what lengths some people in this country would go to if we were occupied by the Nazis.

Accipiter
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I guess so, but i'm just comparing what lengths some people in this country would go to if we were occupied by the Nazis.

Some people in this country stab you for looking at them, you really can't win in any country :D

Eoin
27-12-2009, 12:47 AM
does the eu class hamas as a terrorist organisation?

Jordy
28-12-2009, 11:30 AM
does the eu class hamas as a terrorist organisation?Yeah so does America. Not quite sure the relevance of it to this thread though, seeing as it's Hamas who control the Gaza strip and Fatah who control the West Bank (Where this happened).

From what I read, Hamas actually brought security to the Gaza strip, the frequent kidnaps and killings stopped when they came to power and basic services were restored. Seeing as Israel crippled the Gaza strip with hardly any food, water, oil or electricity it's no wonder they weren't deemed successful so they were forced to retaliate. And then last christmas Israel invades and kills all the Hamas leaders, it's disgraceful.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!