PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini

GoldenMerc
04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Well im considering getting a mac mini but im wanting DDR3 so how much is that likely to be ? and can it connect to any screen because i was thinking maybe dual screening if thats possible?
Ross

Moved by N!ck (Forum Moderator) from Technology Discussion.

Recursion
04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Don't think it can do dual screen, and the Apple default is now DDR3.

Chippiewill
04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Two displays are better than one.
Mac mini comes with both mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort output ports, so you can connect two displays to do more with your photos, movies, and files. Choose the beautiful, widescreen Apple LED Cinema Display or displays available from many third parties.

LONGER

Agnostic Bear
04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Well im considering getting a mac mini but im wanting DDR3 so how much is that likely to be ? and can it connect to any screen because i was thinking maybe dual screening if thats possible?
Ross

Jesus christ do you even know why you want ddr3 ram? I thought not.

Recursion
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
LONGER

Fair do's. Lol

GoldenMerc
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
so i can upgrade it if i need to :D

Grippz
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
check out the apple store, You can configure you're mac when you select the one you want

http://www.apple.com/uk/store/

HotelUser
04-12-2009, 08:32 PM

Excuse him for not being a computer geek, sheesh:rolleyes:.

GoldenMerc
04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
on the site it says prices start at £499 so thats alrighttt i suppose may be able to get cheaper with my NUS cardd

Jordy
04-12-2009, 09:32 PM
on the site it says prices start at £499 so thats alrighttt i suppose may be able to get cheaper with my NUS carddYeah go here to get student discounts: http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/education_routing

As for upgrading, you void the warranty as it involves kind of "breaking into it" and it uses laptop RAM.

And you'll need a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adaptor to get it working with dual screen.

GommeInc
04-12-2009, 09:57 PM
And you'll need a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adaptor to get it working with dual screen.
Urgh, they're terrible. Why can't they just be normal and have a normal DVI port and not just assume people want another object dumped into the equation? It's so frustrating using any sort of MacBook and have to rely on something that doesn't need to exist, considering they don't take up that much space :/

/rant

Recursion
04-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah go here to get student discounts: http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/education_routing

As for upgrading, you void the warranty as it involves kind of "breaking into it" and it uses laptop RAM.

Actually you get a better deal going through the NUS website to get to the Apple store.

£449 vs £469 ;D

GommeInc
04-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Actually you get a better deal going through the NUS website to get to the Apple store.

£449 vs £469 ;D
How do you get to the other student Apple site? The NUS one leads me to the one that shows £449, but I can't see anything to do with other students :S

EDIT: Found it, I think. Went through the school settings, but won't let me through college (for some reason) and naturally I'm not at my University to log-in :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!