PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS MORE ANNOYING THAN NOOB-TUBERS???

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Well I've never really complained about noob-tubers before but anyway, what pisses me off big time are Javelin Jockeys (just made that up then ;)) but yeah, people get a Javelin out and then cook a Semtex so when you kill them they explode. It's essentially a super martyrdom. But it's almost impossible to beat them because 9 times out of 10, when they are killed the explosion will kill the other person as well, unless they are miles away.

I haven't seen anyone doing it on Rust yet, but that would be carnage! Still, definitely a trick for one who is absolutely **** at playing the game normally :P.

----

Another funny thing that I've seen a couple of times are people working as a team on free-for-alls. The reason it's funny is because there were two people doing it on Quary. They were camping on the walkway at the very top of that building which has the various levels of walkways, but they were speaking to each other in the public game chat. So when I went there and got killed by one, he/she was saying to his mate, 'I'm back at that place, I dunno if he knws where we are, he might not have watched the kill-cam' LMAO and then they were even saying, 'he might be able to hear us'. Then when I finally spoke they were like, 'get out of our business' :S LOL.

People who use tactical insertions together and just keep killing each other are funny as well. I came across two and just pwned them both, and on a game I finished second on yesterday, the final kill-cam was two people hovering over a tactical insertion and one just knifed the other. FUNNY STUFF :)

----

btw Emergency Air-drop is the best perk ever.

cocaine
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
oh god noob tubers are one of my biggest hates ever
i literally shout at the tv screen with abuse whenever i get killed by one
especially those who carry the grenade attachments in maps like vacant, for example

Neil
07-12-2009, 11:58 AM
This is a dumb glitch that needs to be sorted quite quickly really, also they need to remove the rust pipe glitch, I haven't seen it but my friend has had my copy of the game for a few weeks now but I read about it last week and it's just stupid, they will always get it as a payback kill aswell, best way to avoid it is just not to shoot people who are cooking grenades then they can't get you with it.

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 12:10 PM
This is a dumb glitch that needs to be sorted quite quickly really, also they need to remove the rust pipe glitch, I haven't seen it but my friend has had my copy of the game for a few weeks now but I read about it last week and it's just stupid, they will always get it as a payback kill aswell, best way to avoid it is just not to shoot people who are cooking grenades then they can't get you with it.

Haha I love the Rust pipe glitch, I've never used it in a game though. It's impossible to do on FFA because it takes too long and you just get killed.

ecstasy
07-12-2009, 12:26 PM
First time I came across a 'javelin jockey' (lol) I'd sniped one and he just exploded. I was like, woah wth happened. But yeah, annoying, but you cant get more annoying than noob tubers. :P

PaulMacC
07-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Patch is coming today, around 5pm. Just needs to be approved my Microsoft.
I prefer to call Noob Tubes, Pro Pipes as they have a smaller blast radius than grenades and take more skill to kill someone than chucking a nade.
One Man Army, Danger Close + Tactical Tube = win

Stitch
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
What I hate is them people with the akimbo Model 1887. They use them as if they were a primary weapon and can 1 shot kill you from like miles away. So annoying.

Andeeh
07-12-2009, 03:36 PM
What I hate is them people with the akimbo Model 1887. They use them as if they were a primary weapon and can 1 shot kill you from like miles away. So annoying.
Couldnt have said it better.

I noob tube :)

J0SH
07-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Emergency air drop isn't a perk, and the placement is bad, even if you call it in an open space they still go out the map and stuff, and your team mates try grab everything.

kk.
07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Emergency air drop isn't a perk, and the placement is bad, even if you call it in an open space they still go out the map and stuff, and your team mates try grab everything.

not once has any of my air drops landed outside the thing nor has anyone stole it. It does it fast for you and so by the time you realise ones being stolen you go over to it and steal lol

PaulMacC
07-12-2009, 04:45 PM
not once has any of my air drops landed outside the thing nor has anyone stole it. It does it fast for you and so by the time you realise ones being stolen you go over to it and steal lol
Care Package takes 8 seconds.
Emergency Airdrop takes 15 seconds.
The radius of drop for the Emergency Airdrop is x5 of what a care package is.
Xanga.com/DenKirson

Neil
07-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I prefer to call Noob Tubes, Pro Pipes as they have a smaller blast radius than grenades and take more skill to kill someone than chucking a nade.

There is nothing pro about noob tubes, they are pretty much 1 hit kill whether they direct hit or not, they have much higher range than a thrown grenade and the person you're shooting has almost no time to react to it, nothing pro about that at all, not to mention just about every noobtuber does it at close range, not so much noobtubing across the map.

kk.
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Care Package takes 8 seconds.
Emergency Airdrop takes 15 seconds.
The radius of drop for the Emergency Airdrop is x5 of what a care package is.
Xanga.com/DenKirson

not exactly what i was saying though was it. I was just telling of my experiences with airdrops and lolling at people who have thrown it stupidly and its landed on buildings or outside

PaulMacC
07-12-2009, 05:22 PM
You cant exactly control the airspace of an Emergency Airdrop. It's x5 bigger than a Care Package and your obviously not going to throw it right into the middle of the map.

kk.
07-12-2009, 05:25 PM
You cant exactly control the airspace of an Emergency Airdrop. It's x5 bigger than a Care Package and your obviously not going to throw it right into the middle of the map.

no but youd have common sense to put the grenade somewhere where its not possible to land outside a map or on a building.

PaulMacC
07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Care to expand. Most maps are clustered with buildings bar Afghan and Wasteland.

kk.
07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
ok...
skidrow, you do it in the car park and hide until they come.
estate, either farthest away from the house, so near the generators, or in the trees near the house
underpass, in the carpark near the two buildings
quarry, two places: the actual slide for where racks can slide down from irl, you go right down there and keep going to the back of the map. Or in the other direction where people can stand on a skip and shoot people through the gap in the wall

and many more.

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM

How can you say that? :S Grenades require a lot more skill as you need to time them well and judge the height of the throw accurately. With a noob tube you can just aim at the person and if you miss chances are you'll hit a wall or object near them so they die anyway. It's much easier to avoid a grenade than it is to get away from a noob tube, you can even throw grenades back at them. Grenades clearly require more skill.

Yeah I meant kill-streak reward sorry. With air-drops/care packages/sentry guns you quickly learn how not to throw the flair. On free-for-alls it's more fun to have to fight off other people for the air-drops. You can get lots of kills if you hang back as everyone rushes in, then gather it all up yourself and get even more kills!

ItsDave
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
That Semtex and Javelin glitch is being sorted by Activision and people that do it are gonna get banned from Xbox Live for quite a while.

I hate, HATE, people with Riot Shields. I've got used to Noobtubes. Riot Shield can just f off.

Jord
07-12-2009, 08:10 PM

Noob tubes pro?

What are you smoking they take the same skill (Which is point zero) To throw a grenade, You aim. Shoot/Throw.

Noobtubes have double the range as a grenade or more

PaulMacC
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Noob tubes pro?

What are you smoking they take the same skill (Which is point zero) To throw a grenade, You aim. Shoot/Throw.

Noobtubes have double the range as a grenade or more
Semtex blast radius and damage count is x1.5 that of Grenades in CoD4.
Where as Grenade Launchers have 120 damage per blast and only a x0.7 radius of a grenade.
I'm joking, it's just I don't know why people call Grenade Launcher's "nooby" when Grenades are just even noobier.

dbgtz
07-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Btw PS3 mw2 update 1.06 fixes this, source: www.twitter.com/fourzerotwo (http://www.twitter.com/fourzerotwo)

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 09:30 PM
That Semtex and Javelin glitch is being sorted by Activision and people that do it are gonna get banned from Xbox Live for quite a while.

I hate, HATE, people with Riot Shields. I've got used to Noobtubes. Riot Shield can just f off.

Although I find that hilarious, it's a bit harsh. Finding exploits in the game which is the fault of their coding shouldn't be punished. I'd even argue that I thought when you died, you dropped the grenade which caused the explosion. Something like the Rust pipe glitch would be more understandable but then again, how do you prove who has done it?

ItsDave
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Although I find that hilarious, it's a bit harsh. Finding exploits in the game which is the fault of their coding shouldn't be punished. I'd even argue that I thought when you died, you dropped the grenade which caused the explosion. Something like the Rust pipe glitch would be more understandable but then again, how do you prove who has done it?

I think they're going to moderate games alot harsher and anyone found scoring a Javelin kill immediatley after they've been killed will be investigated for like another 2-3 matchs and if found to be repeatedly doing it, banned. Thats a pretty decent guess of mine I reckon. However, unfortunatley, I'm not a noob, fire my Javelin missle, I die, and then afterwards it lands and kills people, so, I hope they dont mistake innocent players.

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Hmm.. makes sense. I've never even used a javelin anyway, aren't they only for shooting aircraft? Seems like a waste of a weapon.

ItsDave
08-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Hmm.. makes sense. I've never even used a javelin anyway, aren't they only for shooting aircraft? Seems like a waste of a weapon.

They're pretty decent at the start of the game and you can see half of the map, fire it there, the enemy dont see it coming, boom. Its alright, not that practical though, has to lock on first.

Robbie
08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Glitch still not patched and it's pissing me off big-time, I'm not playing until it's fixed cos all these MLG pro's running round with Javelin's is annoying as hell.

Black_Apalachi
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
They're pretty decent at the start of the game and you can see half of the map, fire it there, the enemy dont see it coming, boom. Its alright, not that practical though, has to lock on first.

But can it lock on to people?

ItsDave
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Um... no, unless they're standing still.

J0SH
08-12-2009, 09:48 PM
You can lock the Javelin onto a piece of ground, people always done it randomly before the Javelin glitch to pray people would run into it, PaulMacC would do that to land on got a quad Javelin before, lol :P

xxMATTGxx
09-12-2009, 09:01 AM
The javelin glitch does get pretty annoying to be honest. I have had no personal problems with the emergency air-drop at all.

Ontario
09-12-2009, 11:01 AM
One guy on my friends list has been banned from XBL for one week because he did the javelin semtex thing.

Model 1887 should be a primary weapon for sure and put under as a sniper rifle those things are overpowered and the range is stupidly good.

Black_Apalachi
09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I haven't had too much trouble to be fair, I had a couple of games with people doing it just before I made this thread.

Lol I love killing people with air drops. I had a sentry gun coming down and this guy was gonna rob it off me but it bounced and hit him in the face!! :P

dbgtz
09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
PS3s should be patched, unsure about Xbox.

Stitch
09-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Today it's been way more laggy than usual (for me). It's sometimes better than this when I don't have a good connection and I do at the moment. I blame this update! :P

samsaBEAR
11-12-2009, 02:32 PM
One guy on my friends list has been banned from XBL for one week because he did the javelin semtex thing.

Model 1887 should be a primary weapon for sure and put under as a sniper rifle those things are overpowered and the range is stupidly good.
as much as i love the akimbo models, it's frustrating when you get killed by them from stupidly long distances. the accuracy is supposed to go down on akimbo, but with the models it seems to go up.

Accipiter
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
god i love ranger akimbo, especially for skidrow they had no chance in hell.

Oleh
18-12-2009, 03:25 PM
i know something more annoying than noobtubers

people who go on about the nerfing on the model 1887's when clearly nobody could give a crap in the first place (i was owning fools from 5 foot away) and there like god damn noob there nerfing them

I CLEARLY COULDNT CARE IF IM USING THEM WHEN THERE POKING YOUR BALLS!!!!! :@

PaulMacC
18-12-2009, 04:31 PM
The 1887 is the biggest community complaint along with regional filtering. I've heard rumours of a region filter being put it soon.

ItsDave
18-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I dont have a problem with the 1887's. I have more of a problem that only happened to me once and it was last night. I got shot with an attatched shotgun on a Famas, from quite a distance I have to say. Apart from that, I dont have a problem at all, apart from getting stabbed.

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/33Ridiculous.jpg (http://www.uploadpicz.com/view-33Ridiculous.jpg)

Thats quite a ridiculous distance no?

PaulMacC
19-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I dont have a problem with the 1887's. I have more of a problem that only happened to me once and it was last night. I got shot with an attatched shotgun on a Famas, from quite a distance I have to say. Apart from that, I dont have a problem at all, apart from getting stabbed.

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/33Ridiculous.jpg (http://www.uploadpicz.com/view-33Ridiculous.jpg)

Thats quite a ridiculous distance no?
Sub-shotguns compensate damage for distance. Every pellet of the shell must have hit you in order to kill you as each pellet does 20 damage and the shells contain 5 pellets.

Black_Apalachi
19-12-2009, 03:47 AM
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who knows all the points that each type of bullet causes in damage and the amount of points players have in health etc, needs to take a break from the game. All that certainty puts me off the game anyway.

ecstasy
19-12-2009, 12:11 PM
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who knows all the points that each type of bullet causes in damage and the amount of points players have in health etc, needs to take a break from the game. All that certainty puts me off the game anyway.
This!!
Seriously Paul, why would you wana research what damage each bullet from each gun does and how many shells a shotgun has etc. (plus where would you even find that out?!) I think you need reminding that its just a game

PaulMacC
19-12-2009, 01:48 PM
This!!
Seriously Paul, why would you wana research what damage each bullet from each gun does and how many shells a shotgun has etc. (plus where would you even find that out?!) I think you need reminding that its just a game

If I'm making 10 grand off a game each year I think I'd be required and obliged to know a little background information. It isn't even hard. www.Xanga.com/DenKirson

ecstasy
19-12-2009, 03:11 PM
If I'm making 10 grand off a game each year I think I'd be required and obliged to know a little background information. It isn't even hard. www.Xanga.com/DenKirson (http://www.Xanga.com/DenKirson)

You make videos of gameplay. People who watch them aren't gonna wana know in-depth detail about each gun, they watch them cause they wana get better at the game. Knowing that 1 shell from a shotgun causes 20 damage isn't gonna help them

ItsDave
19-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Sub-shotguns compensate damage for distance. Every pellet of the shell must have hit you in order to kill you as each pellet does 20 damage and the shells contain 5 pellets.

Thats not even a reply. Thats just an explanation of how the damage on a shotgun works. If you went into a Private Match, looked at the two locations, saw the distance, you'd be pretty bloody shocked is all Im saying.

Dusty-09
20-12-2009, 12:16 AM
I find getting a killstreak reward and the game ending annoying - I was in a chopper gunner and got a nuke and the game ended 5 seconds later while I was in the chopper gunner the game ends - it was gonna be my 3rd nuke of the day so I was gutted :(

ItsDave
20-12-2009, 12:58 AM
I find getting a killstreak reward and the game ending annoying - I was in a chopper gunner and got a nuke and the game ended 5 seconds later while I was in the chopper gunner the game ends - it was gonna be my 3rd nuke of the day so I was gutted :(

Yeah, sounds like a real bummer :$

Black_Apalachi
20-12-2009, 01:53 AM
If I'm making 10 grand off a game each year I think I'd be required and obliged to know a little background information. It isn't even hard. www.Xanga.com/DenKirson

I just wanna say I wasn't getting at you btw. On the contrary, I realise it's business for you :P. I'm just talking about how every COD thread has figures in it and it all just goes way over my head. I'd rather the game was a little bit more random as to how many bullets can kill you etc.

Caterpillers
20-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Hmm, You ?

dbgtz
20-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I hate, HATE, shooting someone for ages then they tap a couple of bullets with like a similar gun and youre dead.

radicalozzy11
20-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Well I've never really complained about noob-tubers before but anyway, what pisses me off big time are Javelin Jockeys (just made that up then ;)) but yeah, people get a Javelin out and then cook a Semtex so when you kill them they explode. It's essentially a super martyrdom. But it's almost impossible to beat them because 9 times out of 10, when they are killed the explosion will kill the other person as well, unless they are miles away.

I haven't seen anyone doing it on Rust yet, but that would be carnage! Still, definitely a trick for one who is absolutely **** at playing the game normally :P.

----

Another funny thing that I've seen a couple of times are people working as a team on free-for-alls. The reason it's funny is because there were two people doing it on Quary. They were camping on the walkway at the very top of that building which has the various levels of walkways, but they were speaking to each other in the public game chat. So when I went there and got killed by one, he/she was saying to his mate, 'I'm back at that place, I dunno if he knws where we are, he might not have watched the kill-cam' LMAO and then they were even saying, 'he might be able to hear us'. Then when I finally spoke they were like, 'get out of our business' :S LOL.

People who use tactical insertions together and just keep killing each other are funny as well. I came across two and just pwned them both, and on a game I finished second on yesterday, the final kill-cam was two people hovering over a tactical insertion and one just knifed the other. FUNNY STUFF :)

----

btw Emergency Air-drop is the best perk ever.
yeah i hate noob tubers especially on hardcore and u get like 5th presiges using them! snipers own!

Accipiter
20-12-2009, 10:19 PM
I hate, HATE, shooting someone for ages then they tap a couple of bullets with like a similar gun and youre dead.

that is so ******* true, you obviously hit them, full on and kill them.
just happened today i had rpd stopping power etc, which would obvo lay the **** out of someone in seconds, nailed about 50 bullets into there head and i they stayed alive then shot me with the fal and killed me.

and then theirs obviously getting a one shot kill but it decides not to.

Black_Apalachi
21-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Hmm, You ?

top answer ;)

Grainger@CUFC
21-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Something I find annoying is when two people accidentally go on somewhere, like going up stairs, you get stuck and before you can move away to solve the problem you get shot. Happened to me on Terminal earlier on the stairs at the front end of the plane :(

ecstasy
21-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Something I find annoying is when two people accidentally go on somewhere, like going up stairs, you get stuck and before you can move away to solve the problem you get shot. Happened to me on Terminal earlier on the stairs at the front end of the plane :(
I think i get what you mean.
Like if you poke your head round a door way, some enemies shoot at you, you try and move back through the door but some idiot on your team has set up camp behind you and you cant take cover which ends up in you dying.
Now THAT drives me mad

Accipiter
22-12-2009, 11:34 AM
theirs also the lag in death, you've obviously ran to cover behind a building then you die because of the death lag :l

ecstasy
22-12-2009, 12:25 PM
oh and the reload glitch, run outta ammo, reload, go back to shoot but you start reloading again = dead :(

crazed
22-12-2009, 12:59 PM
When you spawn reloading and get killed -.-

Grainger@CUFC
22-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I think i get what you mean.
Like if you poke your head round a door way, some enemies shoot at you, you try and move back through the door but some idiot on your team has set up camp behind you and you cant take cover which ends up in you dying.
Now THAT drives me mad

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Had that happen on Skidrow a couple of times in the middle building. So annoying when other people get in the way and you can't do anything about it :@ I still try to knife them to get their attention but it hardly ever works :eusa_wall

kk.
22-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Lool it's so funny getting in the way though :P just standing in a doorway that everyone has to get through is funny as :P

ecstasy
22-12-2009, 02:23 PM
estate is the worst for it. when you're in the bedroom in the house, poke your head round the door to look down the path thing with the water at the end and there always seems to be someone in your way :@

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!