PDA

View Full Version : Will you be voting?

Immenseman
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
There is going to be a General Election in the next 6 months or so. If you're old enough will you be voting or do you see voting as pointless? If you're not old enough, imagine you were then ask yourself the same question - would you bother voting?

I'm watching something on the TV and I just heard 40% of people would consider not voting. I guess it's because they believe all politicians are just as bad as one another and don't really feel their vote will make any difference whatsoever.

So yeah, would you or will you be voting? :)

dirrty
07-12-2009, 08:48 PM
i won't be voting as tbh i don't have any interest. sure people are like 'if you don't vote, then you can't complain about anything' but idc.

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't want to upset people who complain when you waste your vote (and I see where they're coming from), but I really can't see a route to take. Like you say they are all as bad as each other.

adaym
07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
U K I P

Immenseman
07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I know I will vote (well I'm 18 in February) so I guess I can :S and my vote will go for Labour. I just think that for as long as I've been aware it has been labour and I've enjoyed my life. Good education, good healthcare, good public transport, nice environment etc. I've done well in a comprehensive school and what not and at the end of the day I think that's because Labour have done a good job.

*hopes undertaker doesn't see this thread* :P

Black_Apalachi
07-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I know I will vote (well I'm 18 in February) so I guess I can :S and my vote will go for Labour. I just think that for as long as I've been aware it has been labour and I've enjoyed my life. Good education, good healthcare, good public transport, nice environment etc. I've done well in a comprehensive school and what not and at the end of the day I think that's because Labour have done a good job.

*hopes undertaker doesn't see this thread* :P

That's all well and good if you live on a farm!!!!! :P

Immenseman
07-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Fields surround me, not a farm!!

Hecktix
07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I shall be voting.

Following your same reasons Jake, we don't live in a bad society at all and haven't grown up in one. Also, a vote for Labour is a vote against that smug idiot Cameron, which makes me feel all warm and cosy inside.

GommeInc
07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Will be, by unwritten law I must :)

And don't know who to vote for, Labour don't know the value of money, Conservatives are the quivelling little nerdy homosexual nerd with nerdy tendences to try to fit in. And Lib Dems are eye candy, the other parties are arguably a wasted vote, but the main three are a mess.

Immenseman
07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah, they've improved public opinion of themselves now as a party, they should get shot of Cameron.

Sunnily
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't see it as pointless but im not exactly in to it that much. Can i even vote?

Neversoft
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Yes I will be voting and my vote will go to the UKIP.

cocaine
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
no, im 16 haa.

Smits
07-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I'll be able to vote so i probably will, just ebcause i can. Not really sure who i'm going to vote for. Probably labour.

Immenseman
07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
no, im 16 haa.
if you could though, would you bother

Smits
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Yes I will be voting and my vote will go to the UKIP.

Not really seen much of them, i've heard its just a toned down version of the BNP?

cocaine
07-12-2009, 10:32 PM
if you could though, would you bother

probably notttt. i dont know enough about it all tbh

Misawa
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, and Conservative.

Bun
08-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately my birthday is 22nd May, which will be just too late. I would have voted Labour.

Swastika
08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
im 16 so i wont be voting.
but if i could, i probs wouldn't anyway tbh, dont see the point.

Immenseman
08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes, and Conservative.
Out my thread!

lol joke, i wonder how many people will actually vote in the general election next year, like percentage wise.

Tash.
08-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I will be, and it'll be Labour. Like immenseman said they are better than the alternatives so I see no reason why not, they aren't as bad as the media make out.

Immenseman
08-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I swear so many people say that Labour are the best party to vote and they're going too yet the polls suggest the complete opposite. I know I don't know as many people as the polls include but meh maybe it'll be a shock win for Labour, I certainly hope so.

Black_Apalachi
08-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I will be, and it'll be Labour. Like immenseman said they are better than the alternatives so I see no reason why not, they aren't as bad as the media make out.

None of the parties are as bad as the media make out, even the BNP (but they're still all rubbish). Anyway it depends which media you are reading.

Tash.
08-12-2009, 09:49 PM
None of the parties are as bad as the media make out, even the BNP (but they're still all rubbish). Anyway it depends which media you are reading.

I mean that Labour currently get alot of the bad press (especially Gordon Brown right now) because they're the ones in power during the worst recession for god knows how long. I personally don't believe they've done that much wrong, and in comparison to some of the crackpot ideas the Conservatives have i'd vote Labour over them anyday. I just think Gordon Brown is talked down for alot of things which he doesn't deserve.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!