PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World to be twinned with ...

Grainger@CUFC
08-12-2009, 10:36 PM
... Swindon.

I don't joke, although I'd say this story would be more fitting on April Fools Day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8399996.stm

PS. Sorry if this has been posted. Searched but couldn't find anything, or if it's in the wrong section :)

Moved by SuperNic. (Forum Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything'.

Black_Apalachi
08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't get this whole town twins craze. Sounds like a bit of an insult to Swindon if their twin is a theme park. Maybe it would have been better to use whatever town in Florida that Disney Land is located in?

Smits
08-12-2009, 11:16 PM
What a great achievement for Swindon, not.

Misawa
09-12-2009, 04:59 AM
The sheer pointlessness has overwhelmed me in such an amount that I'm rapidly losing conscio

lBlue
09-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Must admit I did laugh this morning watching all the Swindon folk getting excited about the 'prospects it presents'. :lol::lol::lol:

GommeInc
09-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Okay... Usually twinned towns, villages and cities are twinned with other towns, villages and cities... Not usually organisations :P It looks like the only reason was because of a poem. Walt Disney aren't going to be best pleased when they send a represenative to Swindon :P The charge of The Light Brigade was a poem, and that didn't show the direct reality of whatever war it was about :P

Mathew
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Saw this a couple of days ago. I can't think what it will do / help with, but hey; it's something new :)

MrPinkPanther
09-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm a Swindonian and trust me, we all think its hilarious. Everyone here is aware that Swindon is a tip, I cant wait until they come here, its all just grey. Apparently they are going to have a Swindon exhibition at Disneyland. Swindon is famous for a roundabout, thats about it, oh wait and teenage pregnancy. I wonder what will go in it?

Immenseman
09-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Lmao, it's such a weird place for it to be twinned with. It's good for Swindon and it's funny because it's one of the worst places in the UK and known for being a ****hole, ha.

Eoin
10-12-2009, 02:17 AM
the whole twinning thing is rubbish, they twinned dundee with dubai!!?!?

Pyroka
10-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Being twinned with Stafford would be more awesome.

GommeInc
10-12-2009, 11:36 AM
the whole twinning thing is rubbish, they twinned dundee with dubai!!?!?
Usually they're twinned with European areas :S Did Europe run out of places? :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!