PDA

View Full Version : Unsuccesful!!!! :(

Jay.
09-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I have unsuccessed in getting a place in the Universities I applied for!

Argh! What do I do now. Another year in college?

Immenseman
09-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Urgh, unlucky. Once you get your results can't you go through clearing anyway? Best of luck to you. I know I'd hate to have to spend another year at college. Maybe you could take a year off and actually see the world. Work and travel, that's what I'd do.

Jay.
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
What do you mean go through clearing? O:

And yeah but I'm guessing the reason why I didn't get in is because of my lack of UCAS points, I only just made the UCAS Points requirements for the course so another year in college would boost my UCAS points! :P

Immenseman
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Rather than me explaining it without fully understanding it myself :P i'll link you to a page that explains it in much better detail than I ever could, click here (http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/studentlife/beforeuniversity/clearing/ucasclearingprocess.asp)

yeah, an extra year in college would boost your points. speak to your tutor or whatever on other ways you can earn points. it's not just exams which give you points. other things do too.

Jay.
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Does that mean a different course? I really only needed the one course.. But i'll speak to my tutor too, thanks :D Let's hope.

Immenseman
09-12-2009, 01:30 PM
no, it would mean the same course just a different uni :)

Smits
09-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Well when i'm done, i'll have done 3 rather than 2 years at college, because i didnt like what i was doing at first, i did get an extra qualification for doing the year though which ultimately means more ucas points.

If i was you i'd either get some valuable work experiance, or continue with college.

Jay.
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I may be in luck! Tutor said ring up the university as I should have "Declined" rather than "Unsuccessful"

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!