PDA

View Full Version : Earphones

Robbie
09-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey,

I'm looking for a nice pair of earphones for my iPhone for christmas. I've been looking at the Bose earphones, but I've heard some Senheisers are just as good for much cheaper.

Any reccomendations. Price range is around £60-70.

Thanks

GoldenMerc
09-12-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.shoppingbank.com/sb/pia/pid/11292722?afid=105749&coid=43ABABF6B399394C8E7CBA052B1DCF0D
These ones look quite nice, i think they'd deffo suit your style

Alkaz
09-12-2009, 08:42 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-FX33WE-Marshmallow-Earphones-Electronics/dp/B000N3W5AC
I know they are no were near the money you want to spend, but for the money they are fantastic!

N!ck
09-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I managed to get a genuine pair of Sennheiser CX500s for £18 quid - they're normally ~£35. I'd seriously recommend them. Be very careful with Sennheiser though - avoid eBay, Amazon marketplace and Play.com's marketplace thing. They're infested with fakes.

Have a look on here http://www.fakeheadphones.com/forum/index.php (you need an account to view). Lots of info about fakes from of all models and they helped me determine that my pair were genuine :),

Swastika
09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
skullcandy ones?
i dont know how much they are tho'.
ive heard nothing but good comments about them tho' lol.

N!ck
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Skullcandy are extremely over priced. You're paying for the brand. I'm not saying they're bad earphones, but you can get ones that perform just as well or better for much less :).

Robbie
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the ones you reccomended, Nick.

Rep to all unless I need to spread.

Recursion
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I got some Skullcandy Ink'd for £10, they aren't the best of quality but I find they are the best ones for fitting my ears :P

Black_Apalachi
09-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure about Senheisers. My mate is always going on about them, and he goes through earphones like.... idk he goes through a lot :P. But I got some, fair enough they were only £15, but they just fell apart worse than Apple ones do, after a couple of months.

I know this sounds a bit dodgy but the ones I got now, I don't think they have a proper make (well I've never head of it if it is, it's called 'iWantIt'). However I got them in Currys, again for £15 but so far they have been the best pair of ear phones I have ever had. They're the first in-ear ones I've had and even without my iPod on, they block out the outside noise unbelievably well and also stay in my ears better than other earphones I've had. I'm still sceptical about the quality as I've only had them for a few weeks, but so far they've been awesome.

However your budget is obviously a lot higher so I probably wouldn't have any recommendations in that range.

N!ck
09-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure about Senheisers. My mate is always going on about them, and he goes through earphones like.... idk he goes through a lot :P. But I got some, fair enough they were only £15, but they just fell apart worse than Apple ones do, after a couple of months.

I know this sounds a bit dodgy but the ones I got now, I don't think they have a proper make (well I've never head of it if it is, it's called 'iWantIt'). However I got them in Currys, again for £15 but so far they have been the best pair of ear phones I have ever had. They're the first in-ear ones I've had and even without my iPod on, they block out the outside noise unbelievably well and also stay in my ears better than other earphones I've had. I'm still sceptical about the quality as I've only had them for a few weeks, but so far they've been awesome.

However your budget is obviously a lot higher so I probably wouldn't have any recommendations in that range.

Where did you get the Senheisers from?

And they're not know for the best build quality, but the more expensive ones are much better and if you look after them they should be ok.

Smits
09-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Well, i havnt experiance any expensive headphones but i will say this; the headphones i've got now came from PC world, theyre made by Philip, are in ear and designed to boost bass. I have to say at only £20 they were a great buy, lasted me alot longer than the official ipod headphones, although i have broken the extension by leaving them in my PC and tripping over it. Deffinately would reccomend a pair of Philips though.

Black_Apalachi
10-12-2009, 12:35 AM
My mate got them for me, from Car Phone Warehouse as far as I know. I try to look after them as much as possible, but when not in use they spend most of their time in my pocket wrapped round my iPod so they're bound to succumb to a few knocks I guess.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!