PDA

View Full Version : Urinary Tract Infections

Cyndia
10-12-2009, 12:31 AM
So, this is somewhat awkward.. I think I have a UTI but I'm not sure. I'm gonna go in to get tested at the student health center tomorrow, but idk. Has anyone else had one on here? My main symptoms (which started yesterday night) have been bloody urine and it stings like ANYTHING when I urinate. (Yeah yeah, insert gonorrhea jokes here). I've been googling it and I'm pretty certain its a UTI, hopefully anyway, because the alternatives to what it could be are kind of unpleasant.

GoldenMerc
10-12-2009, 01:31 AM
sounds like ghonaria which is quite common, have you had sex with many people unprotected?

Cyndia
10-12-2009, 02:04 AM
No, it's not gonorrhea I know that for sure, as I've always been safe and have never had unprotected sex. Anywho, my symptoms seem to more be matching up with UTI symptoms and supposedly UTI happens quite often in women, especially if you're sexually active?

FlyingJesus
10-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Yeah it's fairly common to get just by getting dirt "in there" as it were, generally because of a guy not washing his hands before having a cheeky poke. You can get antibiotics if you don't feel like just riding it out, but until then I guess plenty of cranberry juice is the order of the day :P

?-missy-?
10-12-2009, 03:00 AM
I was about 10 I had one for 6 months and the doctors refused to give me antibiotics idk why. That was hell :(

Cyndia
10-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Yeah it's fairly common to get just by getting dirt "in there" as it were, generally because of a guy not washing his hands before having a cheeky poke. You can get antibiotics if you don't feel like just riding it out, but until then I guess plenty of cranberry juice is the order of the day :P

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. Time to down as much cranberry juice as possible. I'll +rep you when I can, it says I haven't spread around enough yet :(

I was about 10 I had one for 6 months and the doctors refused to give me antibiotics idk why. That was hell :(

Owchh. I feel bad for you, its really painful! I'm trying to hold it in as long as possible before I have to go to the bathroom which sucks because it feels like I have to go every 20 minutes. I'm definitely going to ask for antibiotics if I test positive when I go in, I have no pain tolerance whatsoever. :D

Metric1
10-12-2009, 05:22 AM
You can get them from having rough sex (if you're a girl). Somebody I know had one and a lot of cranberry juice cleared it right up!!!

Cyndia
10-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Haha yeah thats umm sort of probably why I have it at the moment. Ive been a tad more active than usual since my boyfriend is temporarily living with me. Anywho, I went and bought cranberry juice a few hours ago and I've been downing it like no other!

?-missy-?
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Who needs booze when you've got cranberry juice?

:D

I wish I knew about cranberry juice when I had it lol, all the teachers at school refused to let me go to the loo and I would start crying PMSL

Cyndia
10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Geeez, teachers are such jerks sometimes. Oh and I just got back from the health center, they took a urine sample from way earlier in the morning then after an hour they finished up their tests on it and told me that I did actually have a UTI. They gave me ciprofloxacin hcl and I'm supposed to take it for 3 days, but my symptoms should be mostly gone by tomorrow, thank god! :)

Ooh, and as a sidenote, WOOHOO 1000 posts!! :D For demala's sake.. "I agree, I love Cornish Pasties too!!"

Scophobia
29-12-2009, 02:46 AM
UTI's are Hell :( They can make you REALLY unwell. I have one atm, well it's just starting with the burning && the constant urge to pee :(

Cranberry juice && water are meant to wash it right out :D But you can also get cysitis (spelling?) which is similar if you don't urinate after sex. So always pee after you've done the deed :)

TheEclipse
29-12-2009, 09:00 AM
UTIs happen quite often with women even if they're NOT sexually active.

Soy
31-12-2009, 04:04 PM
i cringed

Edited by Tash. (Forum Moderator): Please don't pointless post.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!