PDA

View Full Version : Is the last week of Decemeber the best of the year?

Immenseman
11-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Well yeah it has christmas and then new years. These are the two best days of the year in my opinion. Christmas is obviously awesome, presents, decent food, family time, good tv, spirit, everyone happy and generally goood time and then new years is a night when basically everyone goes out and gets merry. So yeah do you reckon it's the best of the year? If not, what is?

GoldenMerc
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
idno really since i became 18 has been pretty good been clubbing every week. its a total new experiance. i dont really think christmas will be that good, new year going clubbing. so yeh i cant see it being amazing for me.

Immenseman
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
yeah but every week say not everyone will be out for diff reasons like no money. work etc. new years generally speaking everyone tries their best to be out and partying. all my new years (apart from last yr) have been wicked.

Alkaz
11-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Not sure, between the 25th and the 1st you have like 6/7 whole days of boring and generally nothing to do, the excitment is over for another year, nothing to look forward to apart from a party in a weeks time which takes for ever to come around then when its here it feels wierd going back to school/college and writing the new year and getting confussed and writing the old and scribbling over the top with the new year soye I dont know. :(

Immenseman
11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
but new year is like a new start so there is that to look forward too as well

Black_Apalachi
11-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I used to look forward to Christmas dinner so much throughout the year but now I don't really look forward to Christmas at all. I've never been too fussed about New Year either but now I'm older it'll probably be better.

I wouldn't say it's the best week. I used to always be gutted on Boxing Day cos Christmas Day was over :P.

Immenseman
11-12-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't think I'll ever grow out of Christmas to be honest with you. I know it changes as you get older but I don't get excited about waking up and prezzies like I used to, more about just having an awesome day with my family and the community spirit like everyone is dead happy and like SMILE irl.

FlyingJesus
11-12-2009, 02:49 AM
idno really since i became 18 has been pretty good been clubbing every week. its a total new experiance. i dont really think christmas will be that good, new year going clubbing. so yeh i cant see it being amazing for me.

Eww clubbing for new year :( house party > club any day and especially for NYE

This year gonna try to top last year's Xmas/new year week, not sure how successful that'll be. Last year went out Christmas eve and got utterly mashed on loads of free drinks, stumbled my way through the festivities of the next couple of days and then new year's took a pair of twins to bed with me after a messy house party. 'Cause I'm the best mayne, I deed it

Angel-Light
11-12-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't think I'll really have the Xmas feeling this year as I'm working the 2 days following Xmas day and my work wants me to work Xmas Eve :l

Also this year we have decided we going to have chinese for Xmas dinner instead of roast beef :D

I quite like the last week of December as all my family members are off work so we see a lot more of each other :)

Goraz
11-12-2009, 08:08 AM
i just dont know

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

alexxxxx
11-12-2009, 08:27 AM
the time between christmas and new year are the most pointless... all friends are away/busy with family. i did once go to a pretty decent party between xmas and ny tho aha.

and NY will suck because im not 18 til feb. Feb will be a good month for me, Paris on my bday with college and then the week after is half term.. ^__^

feb is always the best month ahaa

Cypher-
11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't think I'll really have the Xmas feeling this year as I'm working the 2 days following Xmas day and my work wants me to work Xmas Eve :l

Also this year we have decided we going to have chinese for Xmas dinner instead of roast beef :D

I quite like the last week of December as all my family members are off work so we see a lot more of each other :)

Hayley thats a goddamn travesty, Chinese for Christmas dinner? What the hell would Jesus say?!

colourpot
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I surpose so, i used to love it when i was little but now its just like, woo xmas...i dont actually really care LOL.

IceNineKills
11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
yeah, 25th - xmas, 26th - mums bday, 27th - mine then new years.

although i gotta work xmas day :).

Goraz
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah, 25th - xmas, 26th - mums bday, 27th - mine then new years.

although i gotta work xmas day :).
why are you working on christmas... *REMOVED*

Edited by SuperNic. (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter or be rude to other members.

adaym
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Because some people have to and he'll get paid **** loads.

Black_Apalachi
11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I'd actually like to work on Christmas Day this year. Might try and get a job so I can make some big moneys ;)

jackass
11-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, it is. :)

Martin
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I love the last week of the year! :D It's time to look back on all the good/bad things and hope that things will be good in the next year etc.

I am working on boxing day this year and get triple pay! :eusa_danc

Angel-Light
11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Hayley thats a goddamn travesty, Chinese for Christmas dinner? What the hell would Jesus say?!

Neil it's called "can't be bothered to go through all the work to make a meal" :P

Some of my family have been on diets all year round so they want to splash out :)

A lot of people do it - have a takeaway instead of a lavish meal that doesn't get half eaten because everybody is full

Black_Apalachi
11-12-2009, 04:32 PM
worst I've heard of is Maccies for Chrimbo dins. That would make me so depressed though.

jackass
11-12-2009, 04:44 PM
worst I've heard of is Maccies for Chrimbo dins. That would make me so depressed though.

Yeahh that is pretty stupid.

Traditional Christmas dinner ftw! :8

IceNineKills
14-12-2009, 04:10 AM

Edited by SuperNic. (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter or be rude to other members.

because i work in a bar/restaurant and i get x3 pay. working 6 hours, that's over 15 quid an hour.

Firehorse
14-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Today is the best day of the year since its my Birthday :D

-:Undertaker:-
14-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I think the first week of spring (not offical) but you know when you see the leaves opening on the trees, and the weather is getting warmer, best time of the year.

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Today is the best day of the year since its my Birthday :D

Happy Birthday :)

I think the first week of spring (not offical) but you know when you see the leaves opening on the trees, and the weather is getting warmer, best time of the year.

I so agree with this!!!

Sunnily
14-12-2009, 06:24 PM
To me i think it is. Even though you may have had better times in the year it doesn't feel as good as what you get in the present time and at the end of the year everything tops off!

.Zi
14-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Well im 13 so I still look forward to christmas. I think it will be best year; we always have a christmas eve party; new years party and christmas party.

-K8T!E-
15-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah I love Christmas time :) Last week of the year is defo the best.

Techian
15-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah I like The Last Week Cause It Christmas Then It Starts The Year Over Again :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!