PDA

View Full Version : Green Day: Rock Band

Stitch
13-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Green Day: Rock Band will be coming out next year! It will be fully exportable to your hard drive so you can play the songs in the main games and current Green Day DLC will work on Green Day: Rock Band.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVhgStZQ5rE

Misawa
13-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Worst. Band. Ever.

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Hmm, if I end up getting my own 360 I might get this. Probably would get Beatles first though. Sounds cool that you can download them, what is DLC?

Worst. Band. Ever.

OMG STOP IT!!! :P

GoldenMerc
14-12-2009, 02:06 AM
I'll be buying this

kk.
14-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Worst. Band. Ever.
so according to you, bohemian rhapsody is the worst written song ever, the beatles are the most overly hyped band ever, and greenday are THE worst band ever..

Interesting, I prob won't get tho, most their songs r the same lol

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Where Adam wins at films, he fails at music :P.

kk.
14-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Damn right lol

Misawa
14-12-2009, 02:38 AM
The Beatles were a revolutionary band, but looking back they had terrible vocals and were average at best instrumentally.

Bohemian Rhapsody is an awful song. The lyrics make no sense.

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 02:40 AM
I was never a fan of Queen myself, but the Beatles are bred into me so I can't agree with anything horrible like that :(. Btw John Lennon did a hell of a job with the vocals on Twist and Shout. I'd like to see anyone on the X-Factor try that (Olly :@).

Neil
14-12-2009, 11:13 AM

I agree the lyrics make no sense but the song itself is good to listen too. xD

And also yea, Greenday probably are the worst band ever, they do not deserve their own Rock Band game at all, if anything it should be Iron Maiden or something.

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 06:16 PM
If you don't like Green Day, fair enough, but saying they are the worst band ever is clearly an exaggeration. I hate Queen but I know they're still one of the best bands that have ever lived.

Sunnily
14-12-2009, 06:18 PM
They are not the worst band ever. They have bad time and good times and i like most of the songs they have produced.

Niall!
14-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Are you implying Bohemian Rhapsody isn't one of the best songs ever written? If you don't love the heavy guitar part, you can GTHO.

Also, Greenday are RUBBISH

Southe,
14-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Are you implying Bohemian Rhapsody isn't one of the best songs ever written? If you don't love the heavy guitar part, you can GTHO.

Agree with everything said there

So many other GOOD bands they could have chosen from.
But its fine im a Guitar hero person anyway

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought I was a Guitar Hero person but I got bored of World Tour pretty quick and I won't even have it soon anyway so I can start a fresh with my 360 if you like, with which ever seems more appealing.

Which ever series releases a Red Hot Chili Peppers one, has my money :D.

Neil
14-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought I was a Guitar Hero person but I got bored of World Tour pretty quick and I won't even have it soon anyway so I can start a fresh with my 360 if you like, with which ever seems more appealing.

Which ever series releases a Red Hot Chili Peppers one, has my money :D.

Oh my god yes, RHCP would be perfect for RB or GH, the songs are psychedelic enough to allow the videos they make for the background look sweet, greenday ones will just be boring.

Misawa
14-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Obviously Green Day aren't LITERALLY the worst band in the history of music...

The lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody are what make the song awful.

Black_Apalachi
15-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh my god yes, RHCP would be perfect for RB or GH, the songs are psychedelic enough to allow the videos they make for the background look sweet, greenday ones will just be boring.

YESSSSSSSS :D

Stitch
15-12-2009, 07:46 AM
The Who, Queen, Pearl Jam and U2 are all rumoured to get their own game too. I'm not sure about the first three though because they already have at least 10 songs for DLC each. (Pearl Jam has 2 albums avaliable as DLC).

Black_Apalachi
15-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd deffo buy The Who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stitch
15-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Someone spotted The Who: Rock Band on the HMV website and managed to screenshot it before it got taken down:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4559/whorockbandonhmv.jpg

Andys
15-12-2009, 04:07 PM
The Beatles were a revolutionary band, but looking back they had terrible vocals and were average at best instrumentally.

*REMOVED*

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members

adaym
15-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Obviously Green Day aren't LITERALLY the worst band in the history of music...

The lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody are what make the song awful.
What are your views on RHCP? Just wondering. Don't exaggerate either.

Misawa
15-12-2009, 04:12 PM
You know, you are the biggest idiot on this forum.

I'm afraid my intelligence far exceeds yours.

And I dislike RHCP.

Andys
15-12-2009, 04:47 PM

And I dislike RHCP.
Why lie? I'm 14 and I'm still probably more intelligent than you.
You're not great just because you are a director.

adaym
15-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Why lie? I'm 14 and I'm still probably more intelligent than you.
You're not great just because you are a director.
He's not, he's a "producer" that doesn't get paid and house shares with 4 other people because he earns so much money.

Stitch
15-12-2009, 05:13 PM

And I dislike RHCP.
Sooo what bands do you like?

Black_Apalachi
15-12-2009, 05:23 PM

And I dislike RHCP.

What's your favourite band lol?

Misawa
15-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Enjoy your ban.

I'm a writer and producer, actually. He likes to think I don't get paid, just because he has a bitter envy.

My favourite band is Breaking Benjamin.

cocaine
15-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Worst. Band. Ever.

what ARE YOU DUMB!? green day have been credited as one of the few bands to revive the punk rock scene. i know its everyones opininon and such but as for worldwide fame and many many many music awards, 'worst band ever' may be a slight exaggeration.

just look at their lyrics from the album dookie, they aren't written for the radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO6l6124gP0
that just sums up their popularity for a song written explaining the lead singers anxiety and panic attacks.

Misawa
15-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I already wrote that it was an obvious exagerration.

Black_Apalachi
15-12-2009, 05:51 PM
... just look at their lyrics from the album dookie, they aren't written for the radio. ...

Anyone who looks at music like that generally, has my respect :).

Kate
21-12-2009, 01:21 PM
sounds good but its the same problem with The Beatles rockband - you would just get sick of them after constantly playing their songs.

Josh-H
21-12-2009, 01:43 PM
sounds good but its the same problem with The Beatles rockband - you would just get sick of them after constantly playing their songs.

Depends how big of a fan you are.

joshuar
21-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll be buying this, I assume that all the Guitar Hero stuff works with Rock Band?? Otherwise I can't afford it :(

Hopefully it'll have something off all their albums, Christie Road from Kerplunk! would be amazing to see on there, aswell as Platypus from Nimrod. Oops, thinking aloud there!

Wonder how many artist games they'll end up being?

Black_Apalachi
21-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I'll be buying this, I assume that all the Guitar Hero stuff works with Rock Band?? Otherwise I can't afford it :(

Hopefully it'll have something off all their albums, Christie Road from Kerplunk! would be amazing to see on there, aswell as Platypus from Nimrod. Oops, thinking aloud there!

As far as I know all the equipment from either works on both games. I find that kind of surprising though.

cocaine
21-12-2009, 08:59 PM

yesss, going to pasalacqua from 1039 smoothed out slappy hours would be nice too, and burnout from dookie would make for an interesting drum beat

Stitch
21-12-2009, 09:27 PM
People are starting to think we might get 4-5 Rock Band games next year.
Green Day
The Who
Pearl Jam
Queen
Rock Band 3

samsaBEAR
23-12-2009, 08:16 PM
RHCP wouldn't be perfect. They've made about 10 popular songs during the course of their career. Bands like The Who, The Beatles, Green Day, as much as I don't like them, have been consistent throughout their career (apart from Green Day, their new album is just dire)

Fez
23-12-2009, 09:33 PM
No.

Just no.

Black_Apalachi
23-12-2009, 09:45 PM
RHCP wouldn't be perfect. They've made about 10 popular songs during the course of their career. Bands like The Who, The Beatles, Green Day, as much as I don't like them, have been consistent throughout their career (apart from Green Day, their new album is just dire)

The Chilis have as many popular songs as Green Day, whose new album I quite like actually. Anyway how do you work that out when The Beatles only lasted for a decade? :S I'm not dissing them, just your logic.

samsaBEAR
24-12-2009, 03:14 PM
The Chilis have as many popular songs as Green Day, whose new album I quite like actually. Anyway how do you work that out when The Beatles only lasted for a decade? :S I'm not dissing them, just your logic.
Because bands like Green Day and The Beatles had actual 'hits', as in they charted and grew very popular. RHCP had like 3 or 4 I know of, and I'm sure they'll have had a few I don't know of. Harmonix will want to pick popular bands so they can get as much money as possible. RHCP just aren't popular enough to have a Rock Band game about them

Black_Apalachi
24-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Because bands like Green Day and The Beatles had actual 'hits', as in they charted and grew very popular. RHCP had like 3 or 4 I know of, and I'm sure they'll have had a few I don't know of. Harmonix will want to pick popular bands so they can get as much money as possible. RHCP just aren't popular enough to have a Rock Band game about them

What you basically mean is they aren't very mainstream. Fair enough.

samsaBEAR
24-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Well yes, i suppose that's kinda what i mean

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!