PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox rumorz

FlipThisText
14-12-2009, 01:38 AM
theres rumors that there is gunna be a new xbox.. called Project Natal, where it is like the wii, except it has ZERO controllers to use. Do you guys think it's true? why or why not?

Corrupt
14-12-2009, 11:05 AM
youtube it and you will find some pretty cool things

Neil
14-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes it's true, it's out next year at some point, has like 14 launch titles or something Fable 3 is meant to have some functionality with it aswell but that is based on what Peter Molyneux says so yea, it's just like EyeToy but a lot more advanced apparently.

Jord
14-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Where have you been since E3..

GommeInc
14-12-2009, 02:20 PM
So Project Natal is a new Xbox? I thought it was a new feature of some sorts :S

Neil
14-12-2009, 02:54 PM
So Project Natal is a new Xbox? I thought it was a new feature of some sorts :S

No it's like Eyetoy, it's just a webcam with some fancy recognition software. xD

Oleh
14-12-2009, 03:42 PM
It isnt a new xbox lol, its basically a peripheral, it includes facial recognition, body recognition, voice recognition all that crap

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh my God just from this thread it sounds like such a fail that I cba even reading about it. I'll stick with my TV lol.

ItsDave
14-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I can't belive you think this is a rumour. There's been some much new and confirmed details about this. I can't decide whether you're pretending to be seriously uninformed or whether you're having us on.

If you were really interested you would've googled it. Theres videos, news, confirmed features and other things. God sake. :/

Grippz
14-12-2009, 09:53 PM
a link you might find useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM

Black_Apalachi
14-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I can't belive you think this is a rumour. There's been some much new and confirmed details about this. I can't decide whether you're pretending to be seriously uninformed or whether you're having us on.

If you were really interested you would've googled it. Theres videos, news, confirmed features and other things. God sake. :/

Nope, don't think it's a rumour but not really interested.

Arch
15-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I heard about this along time ago but was never bothered looking it up,
seems pretty interesting although i dunno if its something id like.

Black_Apalachi
17-12-2009, 02:41 AM
I've just watched the video about this and all it does is scream 'Wii fail' at me. Sure it looks fantastic and all but can you really imagine all that motion sensing to be so flawless? Part of what made the Wii boring is that you didn't have to do proper motions or in some cases you got better results from doing it wrong. For example in Wii Sports Tennis, a proper tennis swing didn't really work, I found it was best to just flick the remote.

I'm not saying it'll be exactly the same as the Wii, it may well be a lot more advanced and no doubt will be much more fun, but I just think it'll be another gimmick like the Wii and you'll soon get bored of it (also like the Wii, which I had sold on within a year of having it). You'll still be spending most of your gaming time playing things like COD which this "Project Natal" does not concern.

Jam
19-12-2009, 12:24 AM
You'll still be spending most of your gaming time playing things like COD which this "Project Natal" does not concern.

God knows, Activision might release a plastic gun peripheral that is scanned into the game (see Skateboard trailer) that you 'run around' with.

Plus, I can imagine games (ala Fable III) being ruined with Natal-only things or wii-sized piles of shovelware being released, especially driving games.

Black_Apalachi
19-12-2009, 03:52 AM
God knows, Activision might release a plastic gun peripheral that is scanned into the game (see Skateboard trailer) that you 'run around' with.

Plus, I can imagine games (ala Fable III) being ruined with Natal-only things or wii-sized piles of shovelware being released, especially driving games.

That might work with a game like Time Crisis but there are too many different controls and actions on COD.

xXiShadowXx
21-12-2009, 10:41 AM
It saw this a while ago.

It looks pretty cool! :D

Oleh
21-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Maybe in the near future we will be able to have somethin like that kid has on gamer (360 degree motion activated screen)

dbgtz
21-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Ubisoft should develop a touch screen console called the Animus.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!