PDA

View Full Version : The sound on my computer via hdmi keeps messing up

Bouncing
14-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Well the sound via hdmi never works on my new pc now for some odd reason, although it works via the ps3... the comp is connected to my tv btw. I have to use headphones but their dodgey so they work for a limited amount of time and so I have to go without sound at times. Any suggestions to what this is? Maybe its not even my headphones of hdmi lead...

N!ck
14-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Has it ever worked? Are you using a graphics card with a HDMI port? Does it support sound over the HDMI? Have you installed the drivers?

Bouncing
14-12-2009, 08:44 PM
It did used to work, it just was a pain sometimes I'd have to plug the hdmi out then back in, im assuming if it used to work i wouldnt have to download any drivers?

Tomm
14-12-2009, 08:59 PM
What graphics card are you using? Have you tried another HDMI cable? Are you using a DVI to HDMI adapter or just a normal HDMI lead?

Bouncing
15-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I am using an ATI Radeon HD 4650 series i think.... I'm using a simple both end hdmi cable, which I used to use for my ps3 to tv but i use it for my pc to tv

Tomm
15-12-2009, 05:06 PM
You need drivers for it to work. I have absolutely no idea how on earth you got it to work without first installing the ATI HDMI audio drivers.

See here for full instructions on setting it up:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1029603#EnablingHDMIAudio

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!