PDA

View Full Version : Italy's Berlusconi smacked in the face

-:Undertaker:-
14-12-2009, 09:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8411318.stm

Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi will stay in hospital at least until Tuesday after having his nose broken by an attacker, doctors say.

A medical bulletin reported in the Italian media said Mr Berlusconi was able to eat, but only with difficulty. Mr Berlusconi, 73, suffered a broken nose, two broken teeth and a cut lip after being hit with a model of Milan cathedral after a rally in the city. A 42-year-old man was arrested and has been charged with aggravated assault. The suspect, Massimo Tartaglia, was said by police to have had a history of mental illness, receiving treatment over a 10-year period.

Ouch, I bet his wife isn't shedding tears though. You can find the video on the link or on any newspaper site.

Ardemax
14-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Idiot nut head, (not Berlusconi :rolleyes:) that must've really hurt and yes he may have needs but that's no why to treat the prime minister.

Sunnily
14-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I saw this on the news it looked so painful. Wow people have nerves.

GommeInc
14-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Whoever did it is stupid, why resort to something like this? Apparently the accused has some sort of mental illness anyway, so can't really comment further :/

ifuseekamy
14-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Good, he disrespected the Queen. And is also misogynistic, racist and generally annoying.

Eoin
14-12-2009, 11:49 PM
anyone who disrespects the queen is a hero like

Black_Apalachi
15-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Sounds a bit nasty but if I broke my nose I would refuse to stay in hospital for even one night lol.

15-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Good, he disrespected the Queen. And is also misogynistic, racist and generally annoying.

I don't see how he is racist, the only thing he got labelled racist for was when he threw all the criminal, illegal gypises out of Italy because they were making life a misery for the Italian people. The EU called it racist, most people would call it common sense.

Unless theres something else hes done but that's all I know of.

Jordy
15-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't see how he is racist, the only thing he got labelled racist for was when he threw all the criminal, illegal gypises out of Italy because they were making life a misery for the Italian people. The EU called it racist, most people would call it common sense.

Unless theres something else hes done but that's all I know of.I think like most people of his age (73) he's stuck in his old ways. Hence why he doesn't come across as politically correct. However I think he should adapt his ways as Prime Minister of Italy as today, some of the stuff he says is very offence to people.

In terms of racism, he said Obama had a "nice suntan" which I suppose some people could deem racism, however he did say to a German MEP "Mr Schulz, I know a movie producer in Italy who is making a movie about Nazi concentration camps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration_camps). I will recommend you for the role of a Kapo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_%28Arbeitslager%29). You are perfect for the part!" - And he has also upset Muslims with his comments about them.

I don't think he is actually racist, I just think he makes inappropriate jokes and is anything but politically correct.

Tash.
15-12-2009, 06:53 PM
It looked so bloomin painful on the news when I saw it, also amused me though because he was just so unawares and then it hit him. Something about it was amusing though.

Wig44.
15-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I think like most people of his age (73) he's stuck in his old ways. Hence why he doesn't come across as politically correct. However I think he should adapt his ways as Prime Minister of Italy as today, some of the stuff he says is very offence to people.

In terms of racism, he said Obama had a "nice suntan" which I suppose some people could deem racism, however he did say to a German MEP "Mr Schulz, I know a movie producer in Italy who is making a movie about Nazi concentration camps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration_camps). I will recommend you for the role of a Kapo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_%28Arbeitslager%29). You are perfect for the part!" - And he has also upset Muslims with his comments about them.

I don't think he is actually racist, I just think he makes inappropriate jokes and is anything but politically correct.

I think it's a hilarious sense of humour, but not mature or PC.

Caution
15-12-2009, 10:35 PM
So? She's no better than anyone else..

Jordy
16-12-2009, 08:30 PM
So? She's no better than anyone else..Well she's our head of state so disrespecting her can be seen as quite offensive by many people. I know not everyone is patriotic (Like yourself) but bare in mind a lot of people are.

A Manchester United supporter would be pretty pissed off if Arsene Wenger spat on Alex Ferguson or Ryan Giggs. Yet arguably, Alex Ferguson is no better than anyone else...

If someone shouted abuse at your best mate, you would most probably take offence too and also retaliate.

Although the situations seem quite different, you look up to certain people and would be irritated if someone disrespected them.

Caution
16-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Well she's our head of state so disrespecting her can be seen as quite offensive by many people. I know not everyone is patriotic (Like yourself) but bare in mind a lot of people are.

A Manchester United supporter would be pretty pissed off if Arsene Wenger spat on Alex Ferguson or Ryan Giggs. Yet arguably, Alex Ferguson is no better than anyone else...

If someone shouted abuse at your best mate, you would most probably take offence too and also retaliate.

Although the situations seem quite different, you look up to certain people and would be irritated if someone disrespected them.
I'm patriotic of Scotland, it's just unfortunate she's our Head of State.

16-12-2009, 09:55 PM

The Union works out well for Scotland (see the Barnett formula) if you left your only other option to sustain the level of public spending you currently have (free uni and so forth) would be to join the European Union, which would mean you would have a tiny voice in an organisation that pays no attention to members concerns unless you are Germany or France who run the show.

I'd support independance for Scotland on two grounds;

The United Kingdom is not a member of the European Union so that we will not still be paying for Scotland through the European Union.
The United Kingdom ceases to fund Scotland in all ways, thus ending grants and the Barnett formula.

Whether you like it or not, the Queen has shown far more dignity than most other heads of state, and is a figure which united not only England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland into a Union, but also a quarter of the world under an Empire which provided so much for the world.

Bun
16-12-2009, 10:13 PM
unlucky.

and yeah saw this the other day, kind of deserved it lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!