PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3 worth getting for xmas?

Gibs960
15-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm getting Sims 3 for xmas but is it worth getting?

Thread moved by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): Moved here from "Discuss anything"

Alkaz
15-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Personally, biggest let down for me this year. Sims 2 is much better.

Charlottay!
15-12-2009, 03:31 PM
The game itself i find enjoyable and like i love some of the new features. But im still a fan of the old sims where its incredibly easy to build houses and change inbetween different players.

Sims 2 is personally better

Arron
15-12-2009, 03:34 PM
i bought it and took it back in the same day.

a bad game.

and yeah sims 2 is so much better.

Gibs960
15-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I've got sims 2 and myself I didn't rave about that but I'll just get it and see what its like because people at school have said "It's playable, and enjoyable."

Ardemax
15-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah it's fun, you should get it.

Grippz
15-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah get it, Hours of fun. I am going to go buy the expansion pack :)

-K8T!E-
15-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I got it and it wouldnt work on my comp :( But I played it at my friends house. I really like the way you can make your sims way more detailed and stuff but its not that much better than sims 2.

karter
16-12-2009, 10:26 AM
yes, i agree sims 2 is much better
but sims 3 has many new features to explore
moreover the graphics are superb now
i think you should buy this :D

GommeInc
16-12-2009, 11:16 AM
It's a very good game, and the expansion pack is equally very good. Better than the Sims 2 so far on paper and in gameplay compared to The Sims 2 and its first expansion pack. If I had to compare The Sims 2 w/every expansion pack, then The Sims 2 wins hands down, but if I were to compare The Sims 2 (basegame) to The Sims 3 (basegame), The Sims 3 wins in every single way - open neighbourhood, you can actually see where your Sims work (outside the building, they don't let you inside) and with World Adventures, you can build your own shops :) Jobs are a bit more realistic too, and the basegame is set for the expansion packs too. The Sims 2 had major issues with its expansion packs, some of the basic functions like harvestable from plants were useless and made NO difference to the game, neither did fishing. In The Sims 3, harvestables can be used to sell off for profit as well as used to cut food bills, including fish etc.

Can't wait for the future expansion packs :D

Grippz
16-12-2009, 12:56 PM
It's a very good game, and the expansion pack is equally very good. Better than the Sims 2 so far on paper and in gameplay compared to The Sims 2 and its first expansion pack. If I had to compare The Sims 2 w/every expansion pack, then The Sims 2 wins hands down, but if I were to compare The Sims 2 (basegame) to The Sims 3 (basegame), The Sims 3 wins in every single way - open neighbourhood, you can actually see where your Sims work (outside the building, they don't let you inside) and with World Adventures, you can build your own shops :) Jobs are a bit more realistic too, and the basegame is set for the expansion packs too. The Sims 2 had major issues with its expansion packs, some of the basic functions like harvestable from plants were useless and made NO difference to the game, neither did fishing. In The Sims 3, harvestables can be used to sell off for profit as well as used to cut food bills, including fish etc.

Can't wait for the future expansion packs :D

Oh my I didn't know you could build your own shops in the new expansion pack!!! Deffo getting it :D

GommeInc
16-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh my I didn't know you could build your own shops in the new expansion pack!!! Deffo getting it :D
They're not the same as in The Sims 2, you only have a cash register for food, general store and something, but you can decorate lots with items to make it look like a store. I think it's to reduce the strain on computers that can't handle The Sims 3 in full blow. An EP is expected to come out so stores become full working lots, though whether or not they do it is another persons guess (but they do seem to listen to some ideas given in their forums).

World Builder is supposedly coming out soon, some time this month :)

Firehorse
17-12-2009, 01:11 PM
tbh it feels long and boring... too long and boring. You end up literally just using cheats constantly, building a superb house and leaving the game on fast forward - theres no real achievable goals. The game aims at being a life simulator for small children rather than a propper game.

Graphics - you'll need to either turn them down or run them with an 8800gt or better.

Worth buying now? No, the hype was around when it was new and is over now.

chantellehugs
17-12-2009, 09:05 PM
It's worth getting if your laptop/computer is up to it, otherwise it'll most likely be a bit of a letdown. My other laptop runs it, but it restarted when I went on Create A Sim, but when I put it on my normal laptop it was great fun to play, I love taking the laptops out with me, and heading down to the beach. And when the female sim goes into labour in her own home the faces she makes are hilarious, i actually filmed it once! x]
I don't actually have it installed on my laptop at the moment because all of my sims 2 games and expansions and cc are on it, and i dont feel like deleting them yet.
If you're looking to make movies with the game then you probably shouldn't get it yet, because there aren't many mods out there, unlike the sims 2, where you can do practically anything [movie-wise].
But if you're just looking for a good game to play, definitely get it!

despect
18-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I have to agree that sims 2 is much better.. Sims 3 in my opinion wasnt very good..

:Couture
18-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I personally like Sims 2 better just because there is more out there. Although Sims 3 has nicer features and it's easier to age your sims without only having to play them... but still, I'm much more a fan of Sims 2. Been a Sims freak since it came out waaaaay back in the day!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!