PDA

View Full Version : Himura Kenshin

Jouton
15-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I wanted to tell you all that I really enjoyed watching this Anime. It's about a Exile Swordsman who is named: 'Battusai the Manslayer'. It's an action packed, interesting Anime. One of the best I have watched.

Kane.

Neversoft
15-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm currently reading the manga, albeit at a slow pace, but I'm enjoying it. I was going to watch the anime but found it lacking in a few aspects, mainly the animation. Although I have seen the OVA (Trust and Betrayal), which was pretty damn awesome. I'm going to stick with the manga though, maybe I'll watch the anime after I've finished it if the manga leaves me wanting more. By the way, the characters name is Himura Kenshin and the anime is called Rurouni Kenshin, just in case you got them mixed up.

Also, if you're a fan of samurai anime then I recommend Samurai Champloo and Peace Maker Kurogane if you haven't already seen them.

Jord
20-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm currently reading the manga, albeit at a slow pace, but I'm enjoying it. I was going to watch the anime but found it lacking in a few aspects, mainly the animation. Although I have seen the OVA (Trust and Betrayal), which was pretty damn awesome. I'm going to stick with the manga though, maybe I'll watch the anime after I've finished it if the manga leaves me wanting more. By the way, the characters name is Himura Kenshin and the anime is called Rurouni Kenshin, just in case you got them mixed up.

Also, if you're a fan of samurai anime then I recommend Samurai Champloo and Peace Maker Kurogane if you haven't already seen them.

Best samurai anime is samurai deeper kyo IMO :)

Neversoft
20-12-2009, 05:06 PM
The best samurai anime is by far Samurai Champloo.

Jord
20-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I loved samurai deeper kyo, I prefer samurai 7 for the jokes and the sad ending :( But I prefer samurai deeper kyo for the fighting and storyline

Neversoft
20-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I was going to watch Samurai 7 but theres no chance it'll live up to the original film its based on, so I'll save myself the disappointment. Samurai Deeper Kyo has a pretty bad score on MAL. Have you seen Samurai Champloo?

Jord
20-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah I like samurai champloo aswell :P I liked it aswell I loved all the action ;P

Wasnt the samurai 7 movie in like when the first cameras came out (black and white)

Neversoft
20-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes, it's a 1954 movie directed by Akira Kurosawa. It's called The Seven Samurai though, not Samurai 7. I personally think it's one of the best films ever made. If you're tolerant of black and white cinema I recommend it.

Southe,
20-12-2009, 10:49 PM
havent the Kyo UK dvds been dropped because of lack of sales? i dno. remember reading somewhere it was doing badly.

Neversoft
20-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't be suprised. All anime DVDs in the UK are doing badly. They should start releasing boxsets and movies only, forget the single volumes as they're a waste of time. I've downloaded series because the boxsets weren't out quite a couple of times. They're missing out on my money.

Jord
21-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Everything is lacking in sales apart from big stuff (Naruto, Bleach etc)

Everyone just torrents them or streams them :P

Southe,
21-12-2009, 11:16 AM
nah naruto bleach et were doing good. well dunno bout naruto now since its filler sets now but they came out with 13 eps where as ive still seen newer dvds come out with 4 eps for £20

And manga have got D Grayman now which i was tempted to buy and save money but there being cheap. There only doing a plastic case where as the us one has a cardboard sleeve with 2 thin pack dvds. tho theres about a £10 diffrence between them both.. o well.

Neversoft
21-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Plastic cases are better than cardboard ones. They last longer and surely plastic costs more than card to produce.

Southe,
21-12-2009, 09:33 PM
The US DGM case look alot better than Uk one. And allt he new series Funi are releasing are using the slimpack cases. they do look alot better.

Neversoft
21-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Why don't you just go and live in America then you traitor! :@ Slim cases are flimsy and will deteriorate.

Southe,
21-12-2009, 09:59 PM
nah i just like there dvds. xD and there not there actualy quite solid? i dno what to say lol.

Neversoft
21-12-2009, 10:08 PM
It's cardboard, it can only live for so long. What if it gets wet!

Southe,
21-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Indoors lol. and i doubt any tornadoes will come hit my house -touch wood-

Neversoft
21-12-2009, 10:51 PM
But what if you spill some water from a glass on it. Stuff like that happens!

Southe,
21-12-2009, 11:28 PM
im careful lol and i dont leave my stuff lieing around i put back in my bookcase lol

Neversoft
21-12-2009, 11:41 PM
What if someone puts a glass of water on your bookcase next to your DVDs and knocks it over by accident?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!