PDA

View Full Version : [A MUST-READ] Largest Real-Cash Virtual Item Auction is Happening This Week!

Firehorse
15-12-2009, 05:52 PM
You can read the article here: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/105/1053055p1.html

I thought this would be an interesting read: note that the game has a real currency and people make back their money from these properties believe it or not.

www.entropiauniverse.com (http://www.entropiauniverse.com) is the game's website, it runs using the cryengine2.

The current bid while i'm typing this is $50,000 USD
The current world record for most expensive virtual item ever is $100,000USD
This auction is expected to go for over $200,000USD thus breaking the world record yet again!
It's my third year playing this game and I give it a thumbs up. Also i'm trying to raise awareness of the game which is why i've made a couple of other threads about the game earlier in the year (The game isn't mass-marketed yet until next year so players who got in early are well ahead of the game)

Here is a gameplay sample from the week they re-released the game using cryengine2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6DqCV9k90 (Better graphics cards are needed, although I only use an 8500gt with some fine tuning. Game has improved since this video and will always be.)

Enjoy!
(If you do decide to start playing reply here or send me a pm since its a very unique game which confuses most at first, until they code a noob tutorial you usually need help from other players to get started)

Oleh
16-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Get bidding man :)

Firehorse
29-12-2009, 09:13 AM
An update: Last night the auction ended at it went for 3,000,000PED ($330,000USD) which is a new world record! The new owner of the virtual estate is predicted to make the money back in no more than a year or so and after that he will recieve 100% profit from it.

Black_Apalachi
29-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Right you bid on property to win it, but how do you make money after that? Do people pay to use it or something? Is it like Monopoly lol?

Misawa
29-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Pathetic!!

Swearwolf
29-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I might give it a go if you wanna help me get started or something

Hiro
29-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't get it. You make money in game and withdraw it as USD?

Firehorse
29-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Its not easy to explain so i'll use the Entertainment industry as an example.

The big investor goes and buys a theatre. There are people who go to the theatre, some to work there and make money and some to spend money and have fun/be entertained. In entropia there are some people who pay money to play the game and just have fun with no means of wanting to profit. Now in the case of the theatre they make money and then pay all their bills. In this case the investor owns a space station which has several hunting domes - these domes have unique creatures which some people like to hunt and hunting is like spending money on a nice weapon/armour/ammo and hoping for some nice loot. The investor takes a tax, a tax so small it makes no difference to the hunter but there are so many hunters that the investor can make a living out of it.

The people who make the most stable income are resellers although it can be one of the more boring jobs and requires a calculator ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!