PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Slaughter

The Professor
15-12-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/12/15dec9ihavsf35.jpg

This was the scene when some trigger happy isreli police decided a woman was acting suspiciously and thought her macbook might be evil. Looks quite nice imo!

Full story:

Young American woman travels over to Jerusalem to meet some friends, see the sights, live the life. Overzealous border security officers ask her a bunch of questions, take issue with her answers, and a few well-placed bullets later she is allowed entry into the country with a somewhat altered MacBook in tow. So what can we all learn from this incident? Firstly, back up all the data you consider important; B, Israeli policemen don't mess about; and 3, distressed laptops look gorgeous no matter how they got there -- just look at the way the glass trackpad has wrinkled up from the force of the bullet penetrating near it, it's a borderline work of art. The young lady in question has been promised compensation, but lest you think this is a one one-off you can see pictures of an equally dead Dell at the Flickr link below.

Kevin
15-12-2009, 11:09 PM
dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'd still content to sexual intercourse with that laptop though

Black_Apalachi
16-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Omg get a grip. The police officers that did that shouldn't be allowed within 30 feet of a loaded weapon. Weapon 'eds.

GommeInc
16-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Ah well, it's a start :P Weird that they got confused by it, it's just like any other laptop on the outside really, or do they not know what one is over in Jerusalem?

DaveTaylor
16-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Omg get a grip. The police officers that did that shouldn't be allowed within 30 feet of a loaded weapon. Weapon 'eds.

If you read the proper article about it, there is a valid reason to why they did it, the fact she admits to having images of the Star of David saying "what the **** is this ****?" etc and some images of bomb attacks in Isreal.

cocaine
16-12-2009, 04:00 PM
If you read the proper article about it, there is a valid reason to why they did it, the fact she admits to having images of the Star of David saying "what the **** is this ****?" etc and some images of bomb attacks in Isreal.

that doesnt justify them shooting the laptop. they should have confiscated it and search it at the very least.

Tomm
16-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Okay, so what? That is hardly a reason to start shooting at stuff ;D (Unless I'm missing something here)

Recursion
16-12-2009, 04:35 PM
I read somewhere that there was more to this story than meets the eye (or that meets Engadget's post in this case), I forget where/what though.

The Professor
16-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I read somewhere that there was more to this story than meets the eye (or that meets Engadget's post in this case), I forget where/what though.

If there is I don't want to know because it makes the story far less fun :P ignorance is bliss :D

Black_Apalachi
16-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Oh right, so now those images won't be on any other PC or memory stick, or any where on the Internet then? Didn't realise bullets did that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!