PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace now open

Fandle
16-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Marketplace is now available btw.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1950/marketplace.th.jpg (http://img63.imageshack.us/i/marketplace.jpg/)

EDIT:

Some things work, yet others don't.

Tiki Waterfall doesn't..

Not like it was a freebie or anythin ;s

Edited by Laurensh1 (Forum Moderator): Changed topic title.

visa
16-12-2009, 11:21 AM
yeah the marketplace is active now

Fandle
16-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, 22 minutes for someone to reply, that was long..

Have you made an advertisement yet?

visa
16-12-2009, 11:27 AM
yes, selling two samovars for 40 credits each

Fandle
16-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Marketplace could turn out like a good idea - how do people see it though?

"You are selling a Big Hand for 6 credits. Buyer will also have to pay for the 1 credit commission - final offer is 7 credits"

You will now receive 7 credits when someone buys your Big Hand

something on the lines of that was said. ;s

okk...

i've had it all explained to me

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/879-habbo-marketplace-now-open

Seatherny
16-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Hmm looks interesting. They should do a bit where you can post what you are looking for. So you can see every item of furni which has been released so far, click it and say how much you offer. Would be easier. Or do it so you can see the Habbo's name who is selling the items atm as it doesnt show you.

Mr-Trainor
16-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I agree that you should be able to see the sellers name.
Someones selling a mecury smoke and I want to know whose selling it lol.

Seatherny
16-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Yep because some people might want to offer in HC Sofas instead.

Kyle
16-12-2009, 02:57 PM
If somebody has posted their furni for credits then surely they want credits for it. It'd be pretty hard to find out the seller's name since there are bound to be loads of different people sellign the same thing.

seems like an okay feature, will be better when more people contribute though...

Kevin
16-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Looks good, gonna check it out now

iChaz
16-12-2009, 03:09 PM
wow LOL i love this, just bought bamboo for 6c and fuchsia fan for 7c which imo is great 'cause I like them lol. I love the way it's instant.

Kevin
16-12-2009, 03:15 PM
waits for someone to post a throne at 100 instead of 1000 credits as a mistake :eusa_whis

Christopher
16-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Excellent idea. Solves the issue I raised to Staff that trading was going to become impossible due to the sheer number and variety of furniture.

Frisky
16-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Lol it charges you a credit to make the advert, and a credit tax to post the advert. *** :/

Special
16-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Its a bit expensive for the newer members

Cosmic
16-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Seems like a great idea - I'm gonna try it out now :D

e5
16-12-2009, 04:04 PM
so whats this like ebay now?

Ardemax
16-12-2009, 04:04 PM
it costs money to make the offer?

PATHETIC!

if you were buying a pod for 1c, you'd have to spend 2c making the flippin advert?

Cyndia
16-12-2009, 04:20 PM
This is going to be a another good source of revenue for habbo if we have to pay to sell stuff..

Sunnily
16-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I love it :D but people won't need to move anymore. Lmao

Calvin
16-12-2009, 05:14 PM
the catch with this is you have to pay 1c to pay for the advert, pathetic.

Kevin
16-12-2009, 05:35 PM
the catch with this is you have to pay 1c to pay for the advert, pathetic.

You get a couple of ad's for 1 credit, and 1 credit is nothing at the end of the day lol? it's worth like .001p

Chippiewill
16-12-2009, 06:20 PM
You get a couple of ad's for 1 credit, and 1 credit is nothing at the end of the day lol? it's worth like .001p

One credit is 10 :rolleyes:

It's a complete rip to be honest, it's ok when trading thrones but with low cost items it's stupid.

'Oh look, I just bought 5 ducks for 4 credits with that 2 credit commission... 6 credits... oh snap, cheaper in the cata

brodeo
16-12-2009, 06:57 PM
if you're quick enough and persistant enough you can get cheap hc's now :)

Jahova
16-12-2009, 07:24 PM
It's a nice feature.

Seatherny
16-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Can someone explain this commision thing?

If someone advertises something for 4c, do you pay 4c or more :S

visa
17-12-2009, 12:04 AM
it's such a neat addition

Cyndia
17-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Can someone explain this commision thing?

If someone advertises something for 4c, do you pay 4c or more :S

Basically you decide you want to sell an item for 3c. Habbo automatically adds 1c to the price so that it is listed for 4c, the buyer buys it, you get the 3c you asked for and habbo gets the extra 1c.

And also, for every 5 items you put up for sale, the seller has to pay 1c directly.

Kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

Oh and apparently theres the stipulation that you can't sell anything thats already for sale in the catalogue, so trading will still very much so be happening in rooms and furni shops, etc..

djjack..
17-12-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm not sure about that, I think it's just still in BETA. Although, it would make sense for Habbo to not let catalogue furniture be sold on the Marketplace. Doesn't explain why Executive, Bensalem and Halloween Furniture can't be sold on the Marketplace.

Contempt.
17-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure about that, I think it's just still in BETA. Although, it would make sense for Habbo to not let catalogue furniture be sold on the Marketplace. Doesn't explain why Executive, Bensalem and Halloween Furniture can't be sold on the Marketplace.

If you read the reports...or the direct article on Habbo.co.uk(http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/879-habbo-marketplace-now-open) It says that as the marketplace is still in beta, not all items are available for trade. Also, do not bother to sell norms on the marketplace because of the commision. 1c for 5 adverts also seems very reasonable to me considering the convenience :)

Glad to be of service :)

visa
17-12-2009, 12:19 PM
i think the marketplace is decent for rares as it is ... i wish that habbo would block all seasonals and just have it for rares because it is annoying to scroll through cheapie furni that i'm not interested in

don't mean to sound arrogant with that btw

Seatherny
17-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Basically you decide you want to sell an item for 3c. Habbo automatically adds 1c to the price so that it is listed for 4c, the buyer buys it, you get the 3c you asked for and habbo gets the extra 1c.

And also, for every 5 items you put up for sale, the seller has to pay 1c directly.

Kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

Oh and apparently theres the stipulation that you can't sell anything thats already for sale in the catalogue, so trading will still very much so be happening in rooms and furni shops, etc..

Well thats a bit crap "/ explains why they don't show the Habbo's name (seller) because of the commission.

Cyndia
17-12-2009, 03:35 PM
If you read the reports...or the direct article on Habbo.co.uk(http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/879-habbo-marketplace-now-open) It says that as the marketplace is still in beta, not all items are available for trade. Also, do not bother to sell norms on the marketplace because of the commision. 1c for 5 adverts also seems very reasonable to me considering the convenience :)

Glad to be of service :)

Very true, I keep forgetting it's only beta. Hopefully they'll make some good changes to it before they release it fully. And I agree that the 1c for 5 adverts is really reasonable, but the commission makes it absolutely useless to sell norms which is a tad aggravating, since I was looking forward to trying to get empty out my cred shop with little effort, lol.

i think the marketplace is decent for rares as it is ... i wish that habbo would block all seasonals and just have it for rares because it is annoying to scroll through cheapie furni that i'm not interested in

don't mean to sound arrogant with that btw

Good point.. If they implemented a 'category' viewing option, that would be amazing.

visa
17-12-2009, 05:02 PM
i agree - category viewing option would be faboo

Laurensh1
17-12-2009, 10:14 PM
This is going to be a another good source of revenue for habbo if we have to pay to sell stuff..
Well, indirectly yes. But people lose credits, only small amounts, but it will be sooner they have to fill.. But almost everything, in the end, is aiming at this.

visa
17-12-2009, 10:22 PM
it's part of balancing the habbo economy (to take credits for posting)

JenniferF.
19-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't have a problem paying 1 credit for 5 ads if we actally GOT the five ads. However, I paid one cred and put up an iced gate at 2 creds to test the system. Now that it's sold I'm unable to put up another ad.

Paying one credit for one ad when I should have had five makes me kind of discouraged with the marketplace.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!