PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Opera.... Again

Chippiewill
16-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by the BBC:
Microsoft has reached agreement with European Union anti-trust regulators to allow European users a choice of web browsers.

In July, Microsoft proposed a consumer choice screen that allowed users to pick from a number of different browsers.
The Commission then asked Microsoft to improve the choice screen, which it has now done.

Ms Kroes said Microsoft's pledge was an incentive for web browser companies to innovate and offer better browsers in the future.

Internet Explorer is used by more than half of global internet users, with Mozilla's Firefox at about 32% and Norway's Opera with 2%.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8415902.stm

So Opera still won? It was just delayed I guess (Microsoft quite obviousily waiting for the Win7 release). So who's going to rejoin the Opera boycott?

The thing is, on the interface to choose the browser it's basically going to be like:

IE8 - Most buisness software will die without it
FF3 - Can use a lot of extensions of loads of uses and has a massive user base
Chrome - Made by google, super fast
Safari - Closer to a greater compatibility between Mac and Windows, is also kinda fast and very stylish
Opera - Slow, old, annoying interface, used by 2% of people who don't use the internet anyway. Also make a security nightmare mobile version

The Professor
16-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Afraid I don't see your point. There was no basis for this "boycott" in the first place and nothing's changed now so there's nothing that would change my mind.

Jordy
16-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm afraid I can't boycott their Mobile browsers as they're just so good and there's no real alternatives on Windows Mobile anyway. As for desktop browsers, I just use Firefox because it's better :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!