PDA

View Full Version : Iran

Jordy
17-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Iran has clear ambitions for Nuclear Power and also wishes to enrich Uranium, eventually allowing it to have Nuclear Weapons. Iran also remains a constant threat to the West, Israel and the Middle East as a whole with it's current fragility.

Just yesterday they successfully tested a missile capable of hitting South-East Europe. And of course last year there was illegitimate election where it seems President Ahmadinejad rigged it.

What should be done about Iran, and should anything be done at all?

Discuss.

-:Undertaker:-
17-12-2009, 04:29 PM
While they are obviously making nuclear weapons as they wouldn't need nuclear energy as they are swimming in oil, I don't see why Israel should be allowed to have nuclear weapons illegally when Iran isn't. The solution? - cut off all grants to Israel until it complys with limiting its nuclear programme and downscaling it, aswell as joining international treaties on the issue.

Then i'd focus on Iran.

Charlottay!
17-12-2009, 10:17 PM
No matter what is gonna be done about there is still going to be immense conflict between them all. Its gonna have to be a slow and steady thing if they are going to get involved.
They do need to be controlled however it needs to be done correctly instead of just saying no to everything they say. Alot of peace talks and like dan said get them joining international treaties.

-:Undertaker:-
19-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Often the Middle East is considered the most explosive part of the world; it's infact Asia that is. Pakistan, Japan, Russia, Peoples Republic of China, Republic of China and India all have overlapping territorial claims on islands and borders - and bear in mind out of those listed only Japan and the Republic of China don't have nuclear weapons.

The Middle East is trivial compared to Asia and what could potentially happen there, and nearly has numerous times.

Hecktix
19-12-2009, 08:11 PM
As long as it doesn't turn into another Iraq...

Smits
19-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah i don't think invasion would solve anything. I'd say talk it over and make sure the rules are the same for EVERYBODY but that being said, iran don't seem keen to communicate at all.

I think it's got to the point where nuclear weapons are now just a sign of power, if you havn't got one you're missing out. We don't need them at all.

ifuseekamy
19-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Often the Middle East is considered the most explosive part of the world; it's infact Asia that is. Pakistan, Japan, Russia, Peoples Republic of China, Republic of China and India all have overlapping territorial claims on islands and borders - and bear in mind out of those listed only Japan and the Republic of China don't have nuclear weapons.

The Middle East is trivial compared to Asia and what could potentially happen there, and nearly has numerous times.
I agree, that's probably why Islamic terrorists and radicals don't tend to involve themselves with China or Russia, for example, despite the treatment of the uighurs. They are probably aware that neither country would hesitate to nuke Mecca or launch biological warfare with pig's blood. These missile tests are like N. Korea's, taunts rather than actual threats.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
22-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I say nothing should be "done" about Iran because it is a sovereign nation. Just because they don't like to comply with US interests doesn't mean they should be annihilated.

Jordy
22-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I say nothing should be "done" about Iran because it is a sovereign nation. Just because they don't like to comply with US interests doesn't mean they should be annihilated.I personally don't think they should be ignored either. It isn't a legitimate government for starters, they threaten the stability of the middle east and with nuclear weapons they could cause enormous destruction.

I'm not saying they should be invaded straight away, it's just they've rejected ideas such as the French and Russians enriching the Uranium for them (So they still get nuclear power but no nuclear weapons capability). Nazi Germany was ignored, the British and Americans turned a blind eye for a long time until we were forced to attack. History suggests turning a blind eye once again won't work.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!