PDA

View Full Version : Values based on credits not Club Sofas

Zhris
17-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Hello,

Ever since credits became available to buy and trade, I believed that all rare values should be based on credits. I understand that HC Sofa's were available from purchasing Habbo Club before credits were available, therefore were suitable to compare other rares against. I believe that Habbox needs to make an overdue change, and all rares should be valued in credits ONLY. This is especially whilst the HC Sofa is falling in value and is now 10-12 credits. Just because the HC Sofa falls in value, it brings every other value down with it, which shouldn't be the case at all. After all theres more HC TVs than there are HC Sofas, although HC Sofas are more popular, its just a complicated trading system. Imagine a HC sofa became 1c, does this mean a throne would be worth 94c at todays value?

Does anyone have any information if any changes are planned for the future.

Chris

-:Undertaker:-
17-12-2009, 08:40 PM
The problem is, its not the Club sofa which is falling. It is the Credits which have risen. We are going to continue for the forseeable future valuing in Club sofa's, as with a change to credits fully would cause problems with the super market, and in turn the Throne itself.

visa
17-12-2009, 09:08 PM
credits are a nice way to value rares but at this time club sofas are also a necessary benchmark to value rares and super rares to ensure stability for the long run.

nice idea though!

AgnesIO
18-12-2009, 07:10 AM
As undertaker has said the HC sofa has not fallen, along with every other rare in habbo.

Credits have risen due to demand.

HC sofas are the best way to value other rares at the moment

brodeo
18-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I think its fascinating how values are given in a currency that so widely available, Club Sofas, yet remain so stable. I always imagined if Habbox stopped putting values on objects in Club Sofas would the price steeply fall? In that sense doesn't it mean Habbox has a say in the value of the Club Sofa, it is in fact more valuable because it is used as a currency.

AgnesIO
18-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I think its fascinating how values are given in a currency that so widely available, Club Sofas, yet remain so stable. I always imagined if Habbox stopped putting values on objects in Club Sofas would the price steeply fall? In that sense doesn't it mean Habbox has a say in the value of the Club Sofa, it is in fact more valuable because it is used as a currency.

Another rare could easily take over, however the reason HC's are used is because of their availability.

I mean in real life, what would be the poin in trading things for only money, if nobody had it? ;)

brodeo
18-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Another rare could easily take over, however the reason HC's are used is because of their availability.

I mean in real life, what would be the poin in trading things for only money, if nobody had it? ;)

I completely agree, my argument though was that by maintaining the Club Sofa as a currency, Habbox pushes up its value.

Special
19-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I think it would be easier for everyone to buy all trades with Credits, because at the momewnt it seems credits are for the norms & small rares, and HC's for supers and thrones

There seems to a definate devide between the 2

Zhris
23-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Sorry to bump this up but recent rises in rare values has proven that most of the people responding above were incorrect. Previously just ignored the replies because there was no point argueing. And the HC Sofa isn't simply used because of its availability, at the time it was first used it was the only thing which could really be used as currency, and has stuck ever since, which no matter what any one says, shouldn't be continued.

Ajthedragon
23-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Why shouldn't it be continued, once the marketplace dies down HC's will rule once again. besides that they are valued in credits if you hover over them...

AgnesIO
23-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Sorry to bump this up but recent rises in rare values has proven that most of the people responding above were incorrect. Previously just ignored the replies because there was no point argueing. And the HC Sofa isn't simply used because of its availability, at the time it was first used it was the only thing which could really be used as currency, and has stuck ever since, which no matter what any one says, shouldn't be continued.

Okay since you claim we are all wrong, and you areright, I ask you to do something for me.

Get screenshots of shops saying NOT taking hc sofas, and show us they are taking another currency insted. If you can proove the majority are using a different rare is being used we can change. Credit values, afteralls are already being implemented on habbox - and the idea of having two currencies is to help people.

Zhris
23-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Firstly, their credit values are based on the HC value. If the HC falls to say 9 credits, then so will the values of normal rares e.g. 2.0 rares to 18 credits, which are currently 20 credits. All i'm saying is, if the HC Sofa dropped further, then this shouldn't be reflected across all values. And this has been proven by firstly by the huge majority of people refusing to sell rares at habbox value, hence why the rares have gone up.

Secondly, I wouldn't neccessarily make the assumption that the marketplace is the cause of the HC sofa value dropping. After all anyone who has traded for a long time understands that most products aren't worth buying from the marketplace as they are at a rip off price, therefore this shouldn't have had much of an influence.

There are other factors too, but I believe the true cause in the HC Sofa drop is simply because there are too many of them and they aren't even that great looking anyway. They remain at a high value because they have typically been used as currency for a long time, which is no longer neccesary.

Zhris
23-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Actually a large majority of people won't take HC Sofas, because they are difficult to sell at 10c, they would rather take 10c straight. Thats a stupid comment anyway, because of general trading of any furni for any furni as long as its fair, or profit. I also wouldn't bother with anyone whos involved in rare valueing anyway, as its widely known that corruption takes place. Lol at the 3.0 brown pod value the other day, even if someone had sold 1 or more at 3.0, doesn't mean that 50% of people were/would. But anyway, time will tell.

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): Please don't double post within the editing time.

AgnesIO
23-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Actually a large majority of people won't take HC Sofas, because they are difficult to sell at 10c, they would rather take 10c straight. Thats a stupid comment anyway, because of general trading of any furni for any furni as long as its fair, or profit. I also wouldn't bother with anyone whos involved in rare valueing anyway, as its widely known that corruption takes place. Lol at the 3.0 brown pod value the other day, even if someone had sold 1 or more at 3.0, doesn't mean that 50% of people were/would. But anyway, time will tell.

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): Please don't double post within the editing time.

One thing for you to have the pure ignorance to think that everyone with a brain cell is wrong and you are right, but sorry.. If the people that value rares are so bloody corrupt WHY USE THE VALUES. Go on, if we are so corrupt, start your own site, get 100's of views per day just for rare values alone, and then watch people claim you are corrupt. You have NO evidence or facts to base your claim on, when you have some come back here and show it. Rares are valued at the price things are traded for on a common basis - WHEN able to. For example if a purple dragon is traded would you complain the value is changed just because of that one trade? Thats an insulting claim to make.

Honestly, why make the claim when you have nothing to base it on. Obviously if you can claim to me either or both of Faboosh and -:undertker:- are corrupt, come back. But I can promise you now if either of them were, they would be fired. Simple.

Twazzle
23-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Okay on this I think overall the values have to be watched, as okay the original guy stated about Hcs becoming harder to sell at 10c and people prefer credits atm, this is true, Id much rather sell furni for creds than hcs...

Second part I do think its harsh that because Hcs are dropping so is everything else effectively as at the moment cred value > hc value doesnt mate.

However to change the whole currency to credits would be a big move, and it may be the wrong one, this credit boom has been the past two months.. I think to make an informed decision the value and importance of credits have to be watched over the on coming months.

And just to clarify there is no price fixing or corruptness, I for one have posted many trades I've done and the price is almost instantly updated. -:Undertaker:- does an awesome job. Normal rares cannot be updated instantly simply as just because one person sells higher or gets cheap its not an honest evaluation of the overall market. For supers this is different as most are based on the last sale because there's not enough.

And as for those brown pods, I think its a joke, but the market place is selling them at that. You have to acknowledge how hard this credit boom/market place is for the rare valuers, especially the one in charge of the prices.

Zhris
23-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I didn't say everyone was wrong (especially not everyone with a brain cell, which would include anyone in the world). As I said, to those who I accussed of being wrong, theres proof by the suitable rare value changes a few weeks after the fall in HC Sofas (which dragged those rares down, and shouldn't have, but has now been ammended).

I like most others use Habbox rare values as a "basis" as they provide near enough accurate values about most rares. Rares over 1.0 are usually sold at their habbox value, whereas I find rares below that will vary in the price they are sold.

We use habbox because it is the most widely used rare values website/ has been accepted, and is likely to stay that way. I could start my own website, but whats the point unless I felt like sharing my personal valuations, which I don't.

By saying "get 100's of views per day just for rare values alone, and then watch people claim you are corrupt" seems as if you have also accepted that corruption occurs or atleast people make accusations of corruption if you are saying that I will also get those claims, therefore I don't need to prove anything. Although as I mentioned before, the brown pod value when it was at 3.0 was definately incorrect as just a couple of days before I was paying 2c per and managed to buy 16. And anyway, I have nothing to prove to you, unlikely to make any difference, and what do you want me to do anyway, screenie people saying "CORRUPT!" or what. Any ridicoulously high values are proof enough, even though some may have been a mistake. Just to add, i've also known valuers to hoard certain furnis, which never fail to rise in value.

About your purple dragon comment, I hadn't said anything like that. I would agree that if a trade is made, then the value SHOULDN'T be changed based on that ONE trade. That has nothing to do with anything i've said. No habbo/some habbo's can be the voice of every habbo, therefore you can never be certain of the value of something just because a few people traded for that price. Although this is often a very close indicator.

I would also appreciate it if you had a more constructive comment, rather than argueing with me telling me to prove things.

Thanks,

Chris

Fivas
23-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Why shouldn't it be continued, once the marketplace dies down HC's will rule once again. besides that they are valued in credits if you hover over them...

Yeah. things are a bit messy because of the marketplace and the urge for credits. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future :)

AgnesIO
23-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I didn't say everyone was wrong (especially not everyone with a brain cell, which would include anyone in the world). As I said, to those who I accussed of being wrong, theres proof by the suitable rare value changes a few weeks after the fall in HC Sofas (which dragged those rares down, and shouldn't have, but has now been ammended).

I like most others use Habbox rare values as a "basis" as they provide near enough accurate values about most rares. Rares over 1.0 are usually sold at their habbox value, whereas I find rares below that will vary in the price they are sold.

We use habbox because it is the most widely used rare values website/ has been accepted, and is likely to stay that way. I could start my own website, but whats the point unless I felt like sharing my personal valuations, which I don't.

You don't seem to understand that no habbo/some habbo's can be the voice of every habbo, therefore you can never be certain of the value of something just because a few people traded for that price. Although this is usually a very close indicator.

By saying "get 100's of views per day just for rare values alone, and then watch people claim you are corrupt" seems as if you have also accepted that corruption occurs if you are saying that I will also get those claims, therefore I don't need to prove anything. Although as I mentioned before, the brown pod value when it was at 3.0 was definately incorrect as just a couple of days before I was paying 2c per and managed to buy 16. And anyway, I have nothing to prove to you, unlikely to make any difference, and what do you want me to do anyway, screenie people saying "CORRUPT!" or what. Any ridicoulously high values are proof enough, even though some may have been a mistake. Just to add, i've also known valuers to hoard certain furnis, which never fail to rise in value.

About your purple dragon comment, I hadn't said anything like that. I would agree that if a trade is made, then the value SHOULDN'T be changed based on that ONE trade. That has nothing to do with anything i've said.

I would also appreciate it if you had a more constructive comment, rather than argueing with me telling me to prove things.

Thanks,

Chris

I argued with you as I cannot stand people who make claims that Habbox is corrupt without proof. And I never said habbox was corrupt, it is general fact sadly, that noobs who know that if they tried to compete at Habbox's level they would fail miserably - try and claim we are corrupt. If you would like me to count the amount of trades reporters by our reporters alone this week, then just ask - you will be surprised. Believe me.

Zhris
23-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Demala, not much I can say simply because you are repeating yourself and I have already provided my responses on those issues.

I agree that changing to pure credits would be a big change. And that the value of the HC Sofa is a good currency for the price of most supers [at this time]. Its likely the HC will drop to a miserable price at some point in the future. Although, as people use habbox, if habbox changes the value of something, most people will simply sell at that value because who wants to pay more than habbox value anyway, and most people won't buy your furni if you are trying to sell it. So the habbox value is accepted. If habbox randomly put the throne down a HC, most people will agree with this, whether or not it was right to do. Although massive changes would cause people to think hmmm.

The marketplace is part of the habbo catalogue, many "noobs" will happily pay the high prices, just as they do from the main section (e.g. 4 credits for a mode sofa, which can be brought from a 1c shop). I am sure that most high priced products are brought by those who don't understand the valuation system.

I'm not entirely sure on the whole "credit values rising", so don't pick me out on this one but I can't see how they are. Still seems to me that rares are the big thing especially noted by their higher credit value now (after the markplace introduction) than from before. I don't see that the marketplace has effected the credit value, when every shop USUALLY sells at a lower price. If you were to account the market place, then although habbox doesn't deal in norms, then they would also have to account for all the noobs who pay high prices in the main furni section e.g. mode sofa might have a value of 2-3c to account for everyone, which isn't accurate. If habbo put bunnies in the catalogue again for say 10c, i'm sure tonnes of people would buy them, but this wouldn't be reflected in habbox value. The "Noobs" usually realise they ripped themselves off once they have got to grips with the trading system.

Well goodluck trading, i'm sure we will see changes in the future as they become more and more neccessary.

Chris

AgnesIO
23-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Demala, not much I can say simply because you are repeating yourself and I have already provided my responses on those issues.

I agree that changing to pure credits would be a big change. And that the value of the HC Sofa is a good currency for the price of most supers [at this time]. Its likely the HC will drop to a miserable price at some point in the future. Although, as people use habbox, if habbox changes the value of something, most people will simply sell at that value because who wants to pay more than habbox value anyway, and most people won't buy your furni if you are trying to sell it. So the habbox value is accepted. If habbox randomly put the throne down a HC, most people will agree with this, whether or not it was right to do. Although massive changes would cause people to think hmmm.

The marketplace is part of the habbo catalogue, many "noobs" will happily pay the high prices, just as they do from the main section (e.g. 4 credits for a mode sofa, which can be brought from a 1c shop). I am sure that most high priced products are brought by those who don't understand the valuation system.

I'm not entirely sure on the whole "credit values rising", so don't pick me out on this one but I can't see how they are. Still seems to me that rares are the big thing especially noted by their higher credit value now (after the markplace introduction) than from before. I don't see that the marketplace has effected the credit value, when every shop USUALLY sells at a lower price. If you were to account the market place, then although habbox doesn't deal in norms, then they would also have to account for all the noobs who pay high prices in the main furni section e.g. mode sofa might have a value of 2-3c to account for everyone, which isn't accurate. If habbo put bunnies in the catalogue again for say 10c, i'm sure tonnes of people would buy them, but this wouldn't be reflected in habbox value. The "Noobs" usually realise they ripped themselves off once they have got to grips with the trading system.

Well goodluck trading, i'm sure we will see changes in the future as they become more and more neccessary.

Chris

Ok credit values are indeed rising. The demand is higher due to marketplace, and this has therefore seen an increase in their value. The higher the demand for something, the higher it is valued :)

Also just for a lil note, habbox will soon be getting norm values :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!