PDA

View Full Version : omg

Goraz
17-12-2009, 07:57 PM
a friend of mine is going out with a year 9 and he's in year 12...

thing is she's only just missed out on year 10 and he only just got into year 12 so is it really that bad? it's split opinions in our sixth form hahaha.

so she's 14 and he's 16. doesnt seem that bad but then people say 'year 9 and year 12' and its that bit which gets the reaction.

Browney
17-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, my birthday is in October, and my girlfriend's is in July. So there's like 9 months in between. Although, my friend is in 6 form as well as I and my girlfriend, but he likes a girl in year 11. But he was born in June and she was born in September, so there's actually longer between me and my girlfriend than him and his crush.

What you're asking about though is fine I guess, it's just when he's 17 and shes 15 that it starts to sound odd, as it's either side of the consent age.

Cyndia
17-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Two years isn't bad.. My current boyfriend is a year and a half older than me so at some points he's 2 years older agewise. And when i was 16 I dated a guy that was 2 years and 2 months older, but when we were dating it was during when he was 19 so it REALLY sounded bad. Ended pretty fast, not gonna lie. In my opinion until you're past college, it's a bad idea to date more than a year or two above or below, because the maturity gap is going to be huge when you're in the period when one person has finished college and the others still in it. If your friends stay together for a while, it's gonna be weird later on around consent age, like browney said.

Charlottay!
17-12-2009, 09:49 PM
i agree with both what the other two said. It does sound bad when you put it like year 9 and year 12. However at the end of the day its up to them two and if them and there parents are fine with it then there shouldn't be that much of a problem :)

Cosmic
18-12-2009, 04:53 PM
A friend of mine is in year 13 and he's going out with a girl in year 10. He got punched today by her ex (who's also in year ten) and basically got accused of all sorts. I think it might not be so bad if they were both older, but because it's all in terms of school years, it seems huge. I know what you mean about it splitting your sixth form, it's done the same here.

And Charl-Night/R2, if you want the gossip about that I happen to know it ;)

FlyingJesus
18-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Wish I could still get away with dating 14 year olds

Meree.
18-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Hmm, I don't think two years matters too much in all honesty. When I was 13 I dated someone who was 15, so yeah. It didn't matter to him or me. Most people say age doesn't matter. So, maybe he's one of those people?

dbgtz
18-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I know someone who dated someone in year 8 when he was year 11 and they were socially accepted so. It depends how mature the younger one is I guess, if they're still quite child-like then its weird.

cocaine
18-12-2009, 11:03 PM
i know someone whos 16 whos going out with a guy aged 24.
and it depends on how they themselves handle it and if they can justify it then great.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!