PDA

View Full Version : help with my hamster? :(

Fehm
17-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Heyy

My hamsters doing something kinda abnormal, Ive had him for nearly 8 months now, and he's never done it before, but.... he's kinda moved out of his little house thing and make a big pile of saw dust on the bottom of the cage, and is like asleep in it. it's a boy so he's not nesting to have babies or anything, just wondering, is it normal for him to move like that? Or... should I be worried?

I herd they nest like that when they feel old, and possibly going to die, and that scared me ******** :P:P

+rep for any helppp

-K8T!E-
17-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Omg mine used to do that too! (It died a few months ago :()I thought it was so weird. Yeah mine usually did it when I went away and I left a relative to mind it for some reason...Mine had started doing that long before she died though and went back to her house after I cleaned her cage out lol. So I dont think you need to worry about your hamster dying if your looking after it properly.

Mentor
17-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Yea, hamsters will move there beds occasionally, nothing to worry about.

Black_Apalachi
18-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Don't they usually only live for about a year? So I'm kind of looking at the last thing you said.

Hitman
18-12-2009, 10:53 AM
They tend to live for a couple of years. Mine lived to two and a half.

They do move their beds, it's natural for them... nothing to worry about at all.

-:Undertaker:-
18-12-2009, 02:02 PM
The temperature will usually effect where it sleeps, aswell as the food storage. If it has little room for its food in its house, then it'll move outside. The same goes for the temperature, if you have the cage in a freezing cold room then it will stay asleep for longer, be less active and will sleep inside its house.

The change of seasons has an effect on them (obviously due to the weather) but it's nothing to worry about, Guniea Pigs do exactly the same.

Smits
18-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Mine does that all the time, it moves it bed, gathers all the sawdust and puts that in its bed and then moves it back. weird but gives it summat to do i suppose.

Fehm
18-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Ahah, Ty guys. Just a little worried :P He's like up and down all the while now :S like every 30 mins he'll move from his house with the bedding in, to his own little nest he's made....

Ahah, :) Lol Thanks!

Sunnily
18-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Its natural isn't it. I had one years ago but i can't remember what it did precisely. It used to scratch itself an awful lot.

galbabe
20-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't they usually only live for about a year? So I'm kind of looking at the last thing you said.
yh i think thats true but i hope its not true for your hamsters sake.

matthew1112
21-12-2009, 01:38 PM
its normal mine did it and hamsters last 2-3 months in wild and shop brought 1s last till 1-2 bt mnie always lasted till 3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!