PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hughes to be sacked, replaces by Mancini?

StefanWolves
19-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Yep, that's the rumour at the moment, COMS is making a statement at 7:30.

What do you think of this news?

EDIT - meant to say replaced**

Threads merged by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Due to same news.

Jack.Lfc
19-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Nope. Manichi will be director of football or sutin

Arron
19-12-2009, 05:17 PM
hmmm possibly.

Hughes (as we all know) isn't managing City to wins and with a team of that calibre, draws isn't good enough.
So I wouldn't be surprised if he was replaced by someone else.

But from today's victory, he could have his job until the new year, depending on the result he gets against Stoke on Boxing Day. I feel if he loses this home game, he'll be shown to the exit.

StefanWolves
19-12-2009, 05:19 PM
By the look on his face at the end of the game, his attitude (he was clapping the crowd and looked quite emotional), I think it's the end of the road for Mark Hughes.

Jack.Lfc
19-12-2009, 05:26 PM
If they sack him like this, they're *****.

StefanWolves
19-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Totally agree. I wouldn't like it. Disgusting.

Ardemax
19-12-2009, 05:40 PM
It's not as if they're doing as bad a Liverpool atm, there's no need to sack him!

Yeah bit disgraceful really, even when they won 4-3

Jack.Lfc
19-12-2009, 05:54 PM
It's not as if they're doing as bad a Liverpool atm, there's no need to sack him!

Yeah bit disgraceful really, even when they won 4-3

They have a team worth 250 million.

Geraint
19-12-2009, 05:58 PM
All they need is some new defenders and they're sorted. They've lost, what, 2 games and they want the manager to be sacked. Expectations are high but you can't build teams in a minute. He's done well to get the players to bed in so well and it's a strange one if he does.

Cisse9
19-12-2009, 06:31 PM
All they need is some new defenders and they're sorted. They've lost, what, 2 games and they want the manager to be sacked. Expectations are high but you can't build teams in a minute. He's done well to get the players to bed in so well and it's a strange one if he does.

Like i said in my posts a few months ago, The media get onto Hughes back straight away as soon as results dont go there way. To which i got laughed at by that man city fan on this forum.

The start of the season city were undergoing there 'honeymoon period' look at Adebayor now back to his same old same old when he was at Arsenal.

Now that Hughes is gone, if they get someone like Mourinho then they will be a major threat to chelsea,man utd,arsenal.

alexxxxx
19-12-2009, 06:34 PM
guess time ran out on him to get the results wanted.

StefanWolves
19-12-2009, 06:35 PM
It's now been confirmed by Manchester Cities owners. Hughes out, Mancini in.

Jack.Lfc
19-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Surley they could have done better than mancini.

StefanWolves
19-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought that. Hiddink was available for a huge amount of time, much better manager than Mancini.

Jack.Lfc
19-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Mourinho would have joined them on a good contract too.

Apparently mark hughes and players where told at half time, what *****. Class less.

StefanWolves
19-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Already a thread for this dude. ;P

I agree. Tou're was called out either before the game or at half time, to tell the team that Hughes was being sacked. If that's so then it's pathetic.

Jack, rumour going about on the internet that Mourinho may be on his way to Liverpool? *Removed*

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate remarks, thanks.

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): Double post caused by Thread merge.

Jack.Lfc
19-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Link then ill believe the ones ive seen are about 5 years old.

alexxxxx
19-12-2009, 06:56 PM
o ya. mod deeeleeeeeeeeeeete this.

Smits
19-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't really see why he's gone. He's not lost many game sthis season, yeh alot of draws but that isnt exactly bad.

I guess its simply because, with that much money, they expect him to do better.

AlexOC
19-12-2009, 09:59 PM
******* joke.

Flamedragon3
20-12-2009, 12:47 AM
It is really pathetic how City have sacked Hughes and it is quite a shame to see him go. He was told before the match, so its rubbish with all you lot saying he was only told at half time. I can see why they sacked him because the team isn't gelling and the defense is just awfull. I just hope we don't keep sacking managers like we have previously done, otherwise we'll never gain any success.

Bye Hughes, good luck for the future.

Smits
20-12-2009, 12:51 AM
I reccon he could of done something with the club given a few seasons, it's a shame they want instant success really. L

Jack.Lfc
20-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Well it was only me who said it was he was told at half time? it was announced during the game that there was gunna be a press conferance at 7 30?

Thats what is said on ssn. and thats what im going by.

Black_Apalachi
20-12-2009, 02:19 AM
It is a bit harsh that like. Doesn't matter how expensive an individual player is, they still need time to get used to playing with each other.

I agree. Tou're was called out either before the game or at half time, to tell the team that Hughes was being sacked. If that's so then it's pathetic.

Jack, rumour going about on the internet that Mourinho may be on his way to Liverpool? you just ****ed, yes?

Not that I wouldn't be pleased if Mourinho was our manager, but the day Rafa leaves will be a sad one :(. In all fairness, he's not a bad manager so I don't see how different Mourinho can be. The only thing I'd criticise Benitez on is how he chooses his squad sometimes and substitutions. Other than that I'd much prefer him to the tantrums Mourinho used to have when he was with Chelsea.

AlexOC
20-12-2009, 12:25 PM
He knew after the Arsenal Cup clash.

Jack.Lfc
20-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Is that you mark?

Jordie
20-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Pathetic. They are having a good season in my opinion. Not so good defensively but their attacking play makes up for it. Im not sure Mancini is as good as they obviously think he is. He had it easy at Inter Milan just like Mourinho has because their league is such a poor standard. Harsh on Hughes though.

Jack.Lfc
20-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Mancini was sacked or w.e at inter because they wanted the champions league and he couldnt win it, so he's not going to last at city.

Jordie
20-12-2009, 01:43 PM
The problem is with these clubs who have millionaire/billionaire owners are the managers dont get enough time. Qpr are probably the worst, they've had something like 6 managers in the last couple of seasons!

Bun
20-12-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5787677,00.html

Ardemax
20-12-2009, 04:41 PM
getting rid of British managers and bringing the foreign ones in, good thing for sport! Lots of pride!

leah
20-12-2009, 05:27 PM
It's a terrible shame really, he did well at City and he wasn't given much time. It's annoying to see rich men who know nothing about football buying clubs, inputting millions of pounds and then expecting instant success, it just doesn't happen like that, they need patience.

Immenseman
20-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Am I right in saying they've lost less games than every other team? Disgusting, you'd think they'd learn that the most successful British team of the last couple of decades have kept with the same manager.

Geraint
20-12-2009, 06:41 PM
The problem is with these clubs who have millionaire/billionaire owners are the managers dont get enough time. Qpr are probably the worst, they've had something like 6 managers in the last couple of seasons!

Funnily enough, QPR would have kept Magilton but sacked him because he allegedly head-butted Buzsaky.

lBlue
30-12-2009, 01:09 PM
It's a terrible shame really, he did well at City and he wasn't given much time. It's annoying to see rich men who know nothing about football buying clubs, inputting millions of pounds and then expecting instant success, it just doesn't happen like that, they need patience.
You don't know how much ******** surrounds this post.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!