PDA

View Full Version : do you really need to announce every staff name change??

hah
19-12-2009, 09:09 PM
yeah is it really needed? im sure if someone cared enough to find out who a certain person is they would ask them... i know there are only a few threads but i don't think its needed :P

i dont think 99% care if dj-hotlipz changes her name to dj-lemonz

Meree.
19-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Agreed. They get like one '!' cut off there name & then assume no one will know who they are.

hah
19-12-2009, 09:14 PM
whos that new smod robbie?? how did he get smod so quick what happened to robbie!

Meree.
19-12-2009, 09:16 PM
whos that new smod robbie?? how did he get smod so quick what happened to robbie!

I was thinking the same! :O

Robbie
19-12-2009, 09:24 PM

I was thinking the same! :O

or invincible whos he?

:rolleyes:

What if someone needs to contact a member of staff but theyve changed their name?

hah
19-12-2009, 09:27 PM
or invincible whos he?

:rolleyes:

What if someone needs to contact a member of staff but theyve changed their name?

Most people would notice if main staff changed there names.. who would wanna contact a trial dj or events staff :S

Hecktix
19-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Even with the announcements its confusing

So many people had ago at me for not realisng the comma was gone :'(

Alex3213
19-12-2009, 09:37 PM
If they are changed like one character, I think it is quite self explanitory seeing as they are staff :P! However, I think the ones with different names should be announced incase they needed to contact the user.

kk.
19-12-2009, 09:48 PM
or just post a thread weekly/bi-weekly/monthly with all the name changes

Barmi
19-12-2009, 10:32 PM
or just post a thread weekly/bi-weekly/monthly with all the name changes
Or even just a stickied thread somewhere that gets updated with staff name-changes?

Sunnily
19-12-2009, 10:45 PM
The whole announcement thing is to make sure everyone knows that the person has changed habbo names. It may also be another form of confirmation. If you really wanted to know then you would click on the thread and if not then just ignore it. Not much to moan about really tbh.

Alkaz
19-12-2009, 10:46 PM
For instance, if I was to go from Alkaz - Harry Potter, no one would know who I was. Every little thing which is changed is a name change and in any case, invinicble might not have made the account invincible, - minor changes like that might be ignored and people pretending to be staff so them small changes to need to be made so we know that its not an imposter etc.

hah
19-12-2009, 10:49 PM
you would no its not an imposter because they wont have staff perms and they would have no posts :S:S:S:S

use a thread like barmi said

Alkaz
19-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Some people might not - the forum is there for a reason, to announce things like that. Its not asthough its clogging up the precious spam forum or anything so I see no real problem to be honest.

Hazza
19-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Should be a name change announcement forum tbh.

-:Undertaker:-
19-12-2009, 11:32 PM
If we don't care we simply don't click on the thread and don't read it, talk about nannying. On the point of a big discussion where we decided Habbox needs to cut down on forums, we now have suggestions for another forum to be created simply for name changes. As the song goes; one step forward and two steps back.

hah
19-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Some people might not - the forum is there for a reason, to announce things like that. Its not asthough its clogging up the precious spam forum or anything so I see no real problem to be honest.

i never said anything about the spam forum babes, so stop trying to be smart xx your not good at it

Alkaz
20-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I know you didn't. The point I was making is that its not clogging up any other forum, that forum is there dedicated to announcements like that - I hardly think its being smart, also you aren't good at sarcasm.

The Professor
20-12-2009, 03:36 PM
There are bigger things to moan about atm, this really isn't hurting anyone.

le harry
21-12-2009, 03:12 AM
This thread is extremely stupid.

Black_Apalachi
21-12-2009, 04:26 AM
do you really need to make a thread about something so insignificant??

Jin
21-12-2009, 08:44 AM
We use it to track the name changes of our staff in years to come. So quite simply we will not be changing our methods on this, hardly an inconvenience :)

Thread Closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!