PDA

View Full Version : Man sentenced to 3 years after throwing a remote control at wife's head.

Smits
19-12-2009, 11:18 PM
A man who killed his wife by throwing a TV remote control at her during a petty argument was jailed for three years today.

Neither Paul Harvey nor his wife, Gloria Laguna, was aware that she had a congenital condition that meant her skull was eggshell-thin in certain places.

By pure chance the remote control struck Laguna at the back of her head, where she suffered the defect. The 48-year-old former US diplomat, who had moved to the UK when she met her husband, collapsed almost immediately.

She was taken to hospital with only a minor bruise to her neck but was pronounced dead the next morning.

Harvey, 46, an electrical engineer, was in tears today as he was sentenced at the Old Bailey after admitting his wife's manslaughter during the row at their home in Euston, central London.

The court heard that the couple had been drinking and taking cocaine during an evening at their flat in March. As they watched television they began arguing about the maintenance Harvey paid to his step-daughter. Harvey lost his temper and hurled the remote control in the direction of his wife, not aiming for her head.

A bit unlucky there really, but he shouldnt of been throwing it in the first place. Should he have been sentenced or let off?

Black_Apalachi
20-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Well that title was misleading lol. When I read 'Man sentenced to 3 years after throwing a remote control at wife's head.' I was thinking how I'm sure me and my brother have probably done that to each other before. But when you realise she died, it puts a different kind of spin on things.

While it seems harsh, no I don't think he should have been left off. It's pretty bad in fact if he was aware of her skull condition.

Blinger$
20-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Why wasn't she in the kitchen?

Edited by Syko2006; (Trialist Forum Moderator) Please remember to keep criticism constructive or it could be seen as pointless posting, thanks.

Andys
20-12-2009, 02:15 AM
WIN!!!

Favourtism
20-12-2009, 02:40 AM
LOOOOL LEGEND

Smits
20-12-2009, 06:27 PM

Edited by Syko2006; (Trialist Forum Moderator) Please remember to keep criticism constructive or it could be seen as pointless posting, thanks.

LOL

Yeah, not even she knew of the condition so he wasn't to know. It's terribly unlucky, i'm sure living with that for the rest of his life is enough punishment alone. They had both been high at the time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!