PDA

View Full Version : Has this year been good or bad for you?

Meree.
23-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Has this year been good or bad for you and why?

I'd say this years been O.K. for me. I'm working on getting along better and having less arguments with people next year. Alot of interesting things happened this year, apart from the fact it went so quick.

Arron
23-12-2009, 05:05 PM
This year was okayy.

Best moment of the year was getting my GCSE results.

Worst moment of the year was my cat, Jack, getting knocked over :'(

Plus I think I'm a changed person than what I was this time last year. I feel as if I've matured a lot and I'm making good progress with life.

So yeah, apart from my cat dieing, it's been a fab year!

Misawa
23-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Absolutely fantastic. Got my dream job in the first quarter of the year and have capped it off with a promotion.

Meree.
23-12-2009, 05:10 PM
This year was okayy.

Best moment of the year was getting my GCSE results.

Worst moment of the year was my cat, Jack, getting knocked over :'(

Plus I think I'm a changed person than what I was this time last year. I feel as if I've matured a lot and I'm making good progress with life.

So yeah, apart from my cat dieing, it's been a fab year!

Glad to hear. But sad to hear about Jack, and same with me. I've matured more since last year, but I still definately need to more.

Absolutely fantastic. Got my dream job in the first quarter of the year and have capped it off with a promotion.

Glad to hear! Best of luck for the future aswell! :D

jackass
23-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Started off good, then got gradually worse. :P

Jordy
23-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Good, lots has changed for the better, especially in the past few months.

I don't think everything is going to be immediately "better" and "different" in the New Year, but I do think it'll be a good year.

Oh and Misawa, you should of mentioned you got your dream job. I'm sure we'd all love to hear about it, no need to be so secretive about it.

FlyingJesus
23-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Some incredible times tbh, lots of bad mixed in but that's how it has to be really. Had more exciting years but hell I'm getting old I can't expect much

iAdam
23-12-2009, 05:40 PM
It's been pretty average all the way through tbh.

Special
23-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Could have better could have been worse

Caution
23-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Bad in parts, mostly good.

Nicola
23-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Not too good tbh for reasons I'd rather not state. It's gotten better over the past few months though.

Inseriousity.
23-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Good year mostly. :)
There's nothing that stands out as really bad to dent the year.

buttons
23-12-2009, 07:27 PM
jan-july = bad times
august-end of november = good times
suddenly got worse middle december (:

cocaine
23-12-2009, 07:29 PM
ermm was pretty awful to be fair. however decembers been great, but the rest of the year was just badd

LoveToStack
23-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Good, lots has changed for the better, especially in the past few months.

I don't think everything is going to be immediately "better" and "different" in the New Year, but I do think it'll be a good year.

Oh and Misawa, you should of mentioned you got your dream job. I'm sure we'd all love to hear about it, no need to be so secretive about it.

+rep but I need to spread, lols were had.
Yeah decent year on the whole, did some silly stuff around april but recovering from it now so all is well.

Black_Apalachi
23-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Well two of my favourite bands disbanded or a member left before I got a chance to see either of them live. Not to mention MJ died. Then again Glastonbury was pretty awesome and got to see a few of my other favourite bands and artists. So in that respect I guess it's pretty balanced.

As far as my own life goes, I bought my first car and wrote it off and I'm in a nice bit of debt with uni and all. Life has been pretty hard since 08 anyway so I guess I can't complain too much.

btw Jord, there's no need to be like that really. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't exactly turn my nose up at the chance of trading places with someone in that position. All you're doing is making yourself sound jealous.

Jordy
23-12-2009, 10:39 PM
btw Jord, there's no need to be like that really. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't exactly turn my nose up at the chance of trading places with someone in that position. All you're doing is making yourself sound jealous.I'm not saying I wouldn't like to be in his position, I'm sure when I'm his age I won't be anywhere near as rich or successful as he is however, it is not jealousy. There are other people on this forum graduating from university, getting four As at A Level and making a fortune at web design. However, I am not moaning at these people? Why? Because they're not shoving it down your throat in every single post they make, literally all of his posts are on his job and I'm very bored of reading them, and so is everybody else. (Please don't suggest I stick him on the ignore list, as I simply don't do that).

The Wombat's hit single relates exactly to what I'm trying to say (Google it).

Technologic
23-12-2009, 10:45 PM
This year has been really good for me :] Did really well in my GCSEs, met loads of new people that are awesome and just generally had a good time.

xXiShadowXx
23-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Pretty bad to be honest.

Summer Holidays were terrible.
My father passed away. :(

-K8T!E-
23-12-2009, 11:20 PM
This year was great for me, probably the best year I've ever had :)

Hecktix
23-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Several ups, quite a few downs.

The next year is always better :)

Jordie
23-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah its been an O.K year:) Didnt do so well in my GCSE'S but i did turn 17 and have started learning to drive, passed my theory test today aswell. Hopefully i'd of passed the practical this time next year:)

Rozi
23-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Yup, good year :) Much much better than last year fo sure.

Roxy
23-12-2009, 11:40 PM
It's been OK, nothings stood out as being particularly good and nothings stood out as being particularly bad, last year was better though :P

Black_Apalachi
23-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't like to be in his position, I'm sure when I'm his age I won't be anywhere near as rich or successful as he is however, it is not jealousy. There are other people on this forum graduating from university, getting four As at A Level and making a fortune at web design. However, I am not moaning at these people? Why? Because they're not shoving it down your throat in every single post they make, literally all of his posts are on his job and I'm very bored of reading them, and so is everybody else. (Please don't suggest I stick him on the ignore list, as I simply don't do that).

The Wombat's hit single relates exactly to what I'm trying to say (Google it).

I understand what you're saying but I still think you're being a little bit unfair. I mean, I probably read most of his posts and only a few of them are like what you're saying. I'm guessing those few are the only ones you pay much attention to though if you find them so irritating. While I agree with you to an extent in general, Adam only mentions his job where it's relevant (like here) or when people moan at him about it and I do sometimes kind of feel sorry for the stick people get like that just because of what they've achieved. It's not like he ever posts anything harmful or abusive about anyone and I don't think he's ever mentioned his job without first being asked about it in some way. Besides, I'd be pretty proud if I'd worked on a set with the likes of Tarantino so I'd probably tell people about it, a lot :wink_blue.

Andeeh
24-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Yea quite a good year from september onwards :)

Jamesy
24-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Exceptionally good.

IceNineKills
24-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Lost an uncle
Lost an old friend (both died)

Got a new and better job
Met alot of new friends
Spend far too much money on alcohol.

2010 is going to be a Skateboarding year for me. That's my main focus.

LuketheDuke
24-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Pretty bumpy, had some good times had some exceptional lows. The focus is on sobering up and continuing my studies in Manchester.

MrGazet
24-12-2009, 07:20 PM
there were ups and downs.getting really rough towards the end of year with family problems and stuffs -.-'

it was ok overall

CJW93
24-12-2009, 07:21 PM
A mixed bag tbh now however I'm seeing someone else and everything is going well

Immenseman
24-12-2009, 08:41 PM
meh, it's been alright. nothing exceptional. learning to drive was good. good exam grades. new friends. good summer memories. no family deaths (soz if there was but i forgot fam) became an uncle again. mum told me she's getting married. yeah has been kk.

TheEclipse
29-12-2009, 09:30 AM
This year has been pretty awesome for me. :D

Blinger1
29-12-2009, 11:16 PM
It has been good.
I started my apprenticeship, and got my drivers license, and I saw my mum again after 1.5 years.

wixard
30-12-2009, 02:56 PM
every year is great for me
2009 was gd but 2008 was better

this year i got:
more freedom
hotter
more respect from my bosses at my job
power over others
oh and lots of $$$$
my only downfall was gettin dumped and a friend dying

iDenning
30-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Same as every other year.

RedStratocas
30-12-2009, 07:30 PM
my only real downer was breaking up with my long time girlfriend back in august. but even that allowed me to hook up with lots of girls the second half of the year, so i guess i cant complain haha.

Nightcrawler
30-12-2009, 07:35 PM
nothing good has happened to me this year from what i can remember
cry cry cry.

Ardemax
30-12-2009, 07:42 PM
not the best rly

Grippz
30-12-2009, 07:59 PM
I can't say I have enjoyed this year.. Its been kinda bland.. ;/

joshuar
30-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Like any period of 12 months it's had it's ups and downs, but generally i'd say alright. Gathered alot of experiences this year and it changed my view on certain things.

Nixt
30-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I'd say overall it was a relatively crap year, in all honesty. I was MD'd from the army which I was gutted about, my long term partner finished with me and I got myself into a dire financial situation and was a bit depressed at one point. HOWEVER it has also had it's ups like an amazing holiday and now I have a new boyfriend... 2010 looks like it will be a lot better :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!