PDA

View Full Version : Pope attacked at Christmas mass

Gnome
25-12-2009, 01:35 PM
The 82-year-old pope was apparently not harmed and went on to finish the two-hour service late on Thursday, but an elderly French cardinal in the papal procession fell to the floor and was taken to hospital with a broken leg.

Television pictures showed the woman, named as Susanna Maiolo, 25, who was dressed in a red top, jumping over the barricade and hurling herself at the pope, provoking screams from members of the congregation.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2784394/Woman-attacks-Pope-at-Mass.html#ixzz0ac0eAfQ6

Jack.Lfc
25-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I Pope he's ok.

Gnome
25-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I Pope he's ok.

I've just fallen in love with you.

Richie
25-12-2009, 06:30 PM
LOL I feel really bad for laughing, she was probs lesbian, cos uno the pope hates gays

Ardemax
25-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Quite disgusting and appauling behaviour really.

Smits
25-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Quite disgusting and appauling behaviour really.

It isnt that bad.

She has mental issues, jumps the fence and is tackled immediately to the floor, only managing to cling to the popes robe. Even if she had a knife, she wouldn;t of got the pope, that guard was way too fast.

The worst thing that came out of it was the idiot behind the pope breaking his leg, which was his fault for trying to grab the pope as he fell, poor guy.

I think it's funny watching that young vicar looking guy's reaction on the news, how horrified was he.

GommeInc
25-12-2009, 10:13 PM
It's pretty bad, but the woman does have mental health issues which seem to make it less horrific. If it was a "normal", sober or mentally fit person, it would be worse. At least it wasn't what happened to Jean Paul (I think?) who got shot - the Pope before the current one.

Smits
25-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah i think the worrying thing is she did the same last year.

Black_Apalachi
26-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Yeah it's the second time she's done it. I don't get why EVERY time you hear about something like this the criminal is always "mentally challenged" :rolleyes:. When I first heard about it I thought it was like a proper attack on the catholic church but once you hear it was just someone with metal issues, it's like a big anti-climax.

In the videos of previous attacks, the one where the guy jumps on the back of the Popemobile is hilarious because the Pope seems completely oblivious to t even though the guy is about 3 feet behind him :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!