PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham..

United-Clowgon
26-12-2009, 04:38 PM
:) How great are they doing?

10 games since they were last beaten, in 7th place in the Leauge and are above Liverpool! :P They drew at home to Chelsea today which i'm sure has given them a extra confidence boast. Who in the world would of thought this would be the case now, considering the start they had to the season.

It's about time that Birmingham has some sort of success on their side. For years and years they have watched Villa be successful on and off pitch and now, it's their turn to take a slice of the cake.

I think the new owner has helped. He's been trying to take full ownership of the Club for a few years now. Fans didn't seem to happy about him being the owner of the Club but now seeing what has happened, i bet they are glad the deal eventually went through.

I hear they will have 40+ Million to spend in January. (Sounds exciting) It would be great if they managed to get a European spot this year. ;) It they carry on how things are going, right now, i think this can be a reality.

I wish them all the best.

Smits
26-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, always good to see new sides coming into the top 10.

Have to say they have deffinately surprised me, but it is still only christmas, and a lot can happen, hopefully they can keep it up.

leah
26-12-2009, 04:50 PM
I read somewhere that their manager is trying to treat them as fergie treats scum or something?

Black_Apalachi
26-12-2009, 06:15 PM
:) How great are they doing?

10 games since they were last beaten, in 7th place in the Leauge and are above Liverpool! :P ...

You make it sound like we're doing well!

adaym
26-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, Hull did that last season.

Jibbish
26-12-2009, 07:55 PM
They will not get a European place, I can promise you that :)

United-Clowgon
26-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, always good to see new sides coming into the top 10.

Have to say they have deffinately surprised me, but it is still only christmas, and a lot can happen, hopefully they can keep it up.

I think they will make top 10 spot. They will defo be here next season that's for sure..

I read somewhere that their manager is trying to treat them as fergie treats scum or something?

His face scares me so badly.. :P

You make it sound like we're doing well!

LOL. You won today! Rafa must be a little relieved! ;)

Sure did.

Come on, where's the spirit?! As a born and bred brummie, i will be rooting for them all the way. I think with one or two additions, you will stand a great chance in getting a European spot (Obviously not a Champions League place) as of yet.

Stay and think positive!

Jibbish
26-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Come on, where's the spirit?! As a born and bred brummie, i will be rooting for them all the way. I think with one or two additions, you will stand a great chance in getting a European spot (Obviously not a Champions League place) as of yet.

Stay and think positive!
Im not a birmingham fan...

Arron
26-12-2009, 08:59 PM
for a promoted team to come into the premiership and have a good streak of games, especially drawing games against chelsea is a great achievement for them imo.

i hope they do stay up. their manager is experienced and can succeed with birmingham.

Pix
26-12-2009, 09:06 PM
After watching the chelsea game, my views on birmingham havent changed. Their pretty much the same old team but with abit more luck on their side and the goalie which saved the game for them.

StefanWolves
26-12-2009, 10:54 PM
and look where they ended up. can't see it happening to brum though, hopefully it will :P but I can't see it happening.

Geraint
26-12-2009, 11:03 PM
After watching the chelsea game, my views on birmingham havent changed. Their pretty much the same old team but with abit more luck on their side and the goalie which saved the game for them.

they're not. last season they were lucky as hell in this league. they probably didn't deserve to go up but they did and that's all that counts. this year, they've spent money and improved. johnson and dann are solid at the back and the pace of the front two will cause any defence problems. lee bowyer knows what he's doing in the middle and they're a decent team.

just think clowgon, they're your local team.:eusa_whis

Mexel
27-12-2009, 01:07 PM
they're not. last season they were lucky as hell in this league. they probably didn't deserve to go up but they did and that's all that counts. this year, they've spent money and improved. johnson and dann are solid at the back and the pace of the front two will cause any defence problems. lee bowyer knows what he's doing in the middle and they're a decent team.

just think clowgon, they're your local team.:eusa_whis

Yeah, luck was on our side a lot last season.

Johnson and Dann are amazing lol.

luce
27-12-2009, 07:50 PM

yeah but who expected them too they are meant to be in the relegation battle. I watched them yesterday against Chelsea because i was back home and they were the only team around apart from the baggies i think they are playing really well and they did the job and helped us out a bit in closing down the gap

all the best nice to see new teams doing well :D

Bun
27-12-2009, 09:33 PM
now they're doing well, you'll support them.

Mexel
28-12-2009, 12:44 AM
now they're doing well, you'll support them.

Whos that aimed at lol?

Immenseman
28-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Whos that aimed at lol?
at thread starter. dw we know you supported them before they got promoted and playing this well, it's kk!!

Mexel
28-12-2009, 01:06 AM
at thread starter. dw we know you supported them before they got promoted and playing this well, it's kk!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me haha.

Browney
28-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd just like to clear up, 40million is not a lot of money. We spent 40million and look at us.

Charlottay!
28-12-2009, 11:53 AM
LOOL. good on birmigham for doing so well though.

Stoke are playing them at home today. stoke are some good players down with Whelan out along with Diao. They also say its unlikely that Huth and wilko aint gonna play either.

Should be a good match. Hopefully are home record will prove strong and we can beat birmingham. A draw would be just as nice though :)

Jibbish
28-12-2009, 12:54 PM
im sure carson said 80 mil when he first came lmao.

Mexel
28-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd just like to clear up, 40million is not a lot of money. We spent 40million and look at us.
Yes but your buys were jokes, Keane had no idea what he was doing.

im sure carson said 80 mil when he first came lmao.

He did, 40m Jan 40m Summer

Browney
28-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes but your buys were jokes, Keane had no idea what he was doing.

Steve Bruce perhaps? Bent, Cana, Catts, Turner, Da Silva. Near enough 40million. We're still in 10th.

Cosmic
28-12-2009, 07:33 PM
LOOL. good on birmigham for doing so well though.

Stoke are playing them at home today. stoke are some good players down with Whelan out along with Diao. They also say its unlikely that Huth and wilko aint gonna play either.

Should be a good match. Hopefully are home record will prove strong and we can beat birmingham. A draw would be just as nice though :)

Did you manage to watch it Charl, or were you working too hard on the bar? ;)
I usually find that Stoke play well in the first ten minutes them it seems to deteriorate. I felt like throwing myself off the rafters at about 75 minutes. Very well played by Birmingham though, I'll give them that.

Mexel
29-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Steve Bruce perhaps? Bent, Cana, Catts, Turner, Da Silva. Near enough 40million. We're still in 10th.

Forgot that Bruce had spent money, im always reminded of Keanes lol.

Jack.Lfc
29-12-2009, 03:05 PM
i like birminham, ill love them if they give us 3000 tickets and not cut it like them ***** villa.

=Dan=96
29-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Im a stoke Fan :(

Geraint
29-12-2009, 04:39 PM
i like birminham, ill love them if they give us 3000 tickets and not cut it like them ***** villa.

we were given 1000 last year and slightly less the time before. swansea we were given 2500.

Jack.Lfc
29-12-2009, 06:48 PM
OOhh chelsea where given 3000, but all r's are getting cut cos of standing.

adaym
29-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Im a stoke Fan :(
what the hell?

-Heart
29-12-2009, 08:40 PM
what the hell?
Bluenoses beat them 1-0 the other day.

Geraint
29-12-2009, 11:01 PM
OOhh chelsea where given 3000, but all r's are getting cut cos of standing.

that's the excuse that teams always give to us.

Jack.Lfc
29-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeh its stupid, Villa givin us that **** excuse. Had a ticket meself but me mates didnt just didnt want to go on my own. They have the cheek to charge £50 aswell. Did you see the game? Both stands behind the goal where standing ******* ******s.

Jibbish
29-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeh its stupid, Villa givin us that **** excuse. Had a ticket meself but me mates didnt just didnt want to go on my own. They have the cheek to charge £50 aswell. Did you see the game? Both stands behind the goal where standing ******* ******s.
We stand, and get harrassed by the stewards, away fans stand and stewards dont even say anything ;(

Geraint
30-12-2009, 01:20 AM

When we went, we all stood. Both stands. They weren't stopping us. :D

Jack.Lfc
30-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Yeh, they dont stop us, just cut our allocation next year. If they told us to sit, yeh fine, we probably wouldnt, but atleast we would have been warned.

StefanWolves
30-12-2009, 09:45 PM
They told us to sit down at molineux, we sit down.... until we start singing ''stand up if you love the wolves''

iDenning
05-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I know threads old but I wanted to post soo much :L

You can't say Birmingham are too lucky as look at the points we have lost (yes I'm a Birmingham fan). We should be higher than we are as the Liverpool game, n'Gog dive. Look at Chelsea game, goal given offside when wasn't. There are probably more too. So we have been robbed a few points this season but I'm more than happy to stay 7th IMO. Bring on the next half of the season :) Come on you blue boys :)

Keep right on :eusa_whis:eusa_danc

Mexel
05-01-2010, 10:27 PM
A lot has gone for us this season though! Like our goal at Everton, penalty against Pompey few more aswell. What goes around comes around in football, im just realy happy with our first half of the season.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!