PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: Metallica

Devil.Wont.Cry
26-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Ive recently got guitar hero metallica on the wii for christmas off my granch and its the 1st guitar hero ive ever had because they dont interest me.

I was playing it yesturday on begginer and its just strumming which i thought was pretty easy and I was good at. I played it then on easy and had to press the buttons and I'm missing every single chord. I know to hold the button down before i strum but i just cant do it. I press the green and then I need to press the red right after it and Im finding it physically impossible to switch buttons

Is there a trick to getting the notes? I'm the type of person to quit a game if Im unable to get it straight off.

I was thinking about buying the drums for it and have my friend do the guitaring but I dont want to waste 50 pound (i think) on something crap like the guitar

I dont want comments back with "Just takes practice" cause I'm not interested wasting my time on a game just to get better.

+rep to good replies

crazed
26-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Ive recently got guitar hero metallica on the wii for christmas off my granch and its the 1st guitar hero ive ever had because they dont interest me.

I was playing it yesturday on begginer and its just strumming which i thought was pretty easy and I was good at. I played it then on easy and had to press the buttons and I'm missing every single chord. I know to hold the button down before i strum but i just cant do it. I press the green and then I need to press the red right after it and Im finding it physically impossible to switch buttons

Is there a trick to getting the notes? I'm the type of person to quit a game if Im unable to get it straight off.

I was thinking about buying the drums for it and have my friend do the guitaring but I dont want to waste 50 pound (i think) on something crap like the guitar

I dont want comments back with "Just takes practice" cause I'm not interested wasting my time on a game just to get better.

+rep to good replies

Might not take much skill but some is required and most people pick it up by playing it.. What's the point having it if you don't wanna waste time playing it? It's simple, If you can't remove your fingers quick enough, leave it on ( If its a colour higher e.g you can still hold green if you need to click red {I think, if it's the same as it is on beatles}).

Coheed&Cambria
26-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Well the truth is, it takes practise. You cant pick it up and expect to be able to play on expert like me. I've been playing since GH2 and it took about a year for me to be able to play expert (on and off, and this was GH2 which is much harder than recent Guitar Heroes). One tip that helped me when i was at your level, is to remember that when the notes are coming down the screen, you can hold the note down early and wait till it pops up. This helps as most people think that you have to press the note buttons as soon as you strum, but like i say just keep the button pressed down as they come down the chart.

Stitch
27-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Might not take much skill but some is required and most people pick it up by playing it.. What's the point having it if you don't wanna waste time playing it? It's simple, If you can't remove your fingers quick enough, leave it on ( If its a colour higher e.g you can still hold green if you need to click red {I think, if it's the same as it is on beatles}).

Yeah all of them are like that.

Well the truth is, it takes practise. You cant pick it up and expect to be able to play on expert like me. I've been playing since GH2 and it took about a year for me to be able to play expert (on and off, and this was GH2 which is much harder than recent Guitar Heroes). One tip that helped me when i was at your level, is to remember that when the notes are coming down the screen, you can hold the note down early and wait till it pops up. This helps as most people think that you have to press the note buttons as soon as you strum, but like i say just keep the button pressed down as they come down the chart.

I think GH2 was one of the easiest :P GH1 and GH3 were hard (GH1 because of the broken hammer ons) I still havent completed GH3 on expert.

It does just take practice. If you're new to rhythm gaming it is going to be really hard at the start. Have you tried the tutorials? I don't know if they will help with your problem but they might.

CJW93
28-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Heres my advice. Get Rock Band

Devil.Wont.Cry
28-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Heres my advice. Get Rock Band

Is it the same as guitar hero? I dont want to waste money on the same thing :P

Stitch
28-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Is it the same as guitar hero? I dont want to waste money on the same thing :P
Guitar Hero is usually harder and imo Rock Band is better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!