PDA

View Full Version : 2010 phones.

Alkaz
27-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Anyone know if there any really cool, banging phones coming out next year, looking more for the end of the year-ish but either or lol. Contract runs out and I want to see what there 'could' be before I go out on a wim and just get what ever phone tehe.

TARR x +rep

Robbie
27-12-2009, 05:13 PM
There will be a new iPhone in 2010, June probably.

Alkaz
27-12-2009, 09:56 PM
oh nice :D not sure about touch phones - have to see whats new on it :P
http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2009/6/19/5-things-iphone-4g-will-bring-2010/2/

adaym
27-12-2009, 10:05 PM
everything that phones out now have.

why do people still pay for these overpriced pieces of tosh?

kk.
27-12-2009, 10:09 PM
because, based on my opinion, no other phone matches it. It has an ever growing app store for anything youd need, texting is easy, browsing is easy. Yes the contracts are slightly on the expensive side, but i dont really give a crap as its by far the best phone i have ever had.

adaym
27-12-2009, 10:15 PM
oh dear, apple have you under their spell.

my n97 is crap. it's awful. i hate it. yet i bet it does everything the iphone does and better.

Alkaz
27-12-2009, 10:17 PM
er soz, robbie said the iphone and i got that link - please dont turn my thread into some kind of slanging match, its actually here for a reason.

adaym
27-12-2009, 10:18 PM
er soz, robbie said the iphone and i got that link - please dont turn my thread into some kind of slanging match, its actually here for a reason.
er soz, i'll do what i like, i'm keeping within the rules.

kk.
27-12-2009, 10:29 PM
oh dear, apple have you under their spell.

my n97 is crap. it's awful. i hate it. yet i bet it does everything the iphone does and better.

i can think for myself thanks, this is the same as people thinking that people are being manipulated into buying xfactor singles.

my brother had the n97 for a while after i swapped a samsung omnia HD. The touch screens on both are unresponsive and hard to click the right things. Actually, thats the same for all touch screen phones ive tried. the iphone is smooth in how it runs. the keypad on the n97 was awful, and the way you browse the internet was too. Its hard to scroll up and down, type things.. anything you could think of

id personally go for the new iphone out, especially since i think it will be cheaper by the end of next year :)

Yoshimitsui
27-12-2009, 10:30 PM
thyflux, every company's aim is to find some way to get you under their belts however most people who slate the iphone haven't actually tried one and have some form of anti apple and won't be seen going near them. Fair enough, i think they would still be up in the world with reduced prices but i don't want to use any other phone since i got mine and i still use the 2g model, i don't need all this app stuff to be on facebook all day or whatever. You know these days how things look and the publicity behind them by far overrules certain aspects of what things do.

adaym
27-12-2009, 10:40 PM
thyflux, every company's aim is to find some way to get you under their belts however most people who slate the iphone haven't actually tried one and have some form of anti apple and won't be seen going near them. Fair enough, i think they would still be up in the world with reduced prices but i don't want to use any other phone since i got mine and i still use the 2g model, i don't need all this app stuff to be on facebook all day or whatever. You know these days how things look and the publicity behind them by far overrules certain aspects of what things do.
apps are the norm on all phones now, they're just not call iapps or w.e. i've tried the iphone and i prefer the n97. it has an actual keyboard, internet connection/usage is easier. and you actually have buttons you can press aswell as a touchscreen.

im going to look to do something with my contract because this n97 is awful. i know about business but the fact is most people cannot admit that they have been brainwashed by apple's fantastic marketing/commercial department. it's a good piece of kit, no doubt, but it's not better (in most cases slightly worse) than any other competitor on the market and it also costs more.

with that, i leave the thread.

kk.
27-12-2009, 11:01 PM
apps are the norm on all phones now, they're just not call iapps or w.e. i've tried the iphone and i prefer the n97. it has an actual keyboard, internet connection/usage is easier. and you actually have buttons you can press aswell as a touchscreen.

im going to look to do something with my contract because this n97 is awful. i know about business but the fact is most people cannot admit that they have been brainwashed by apple's fantastic marketing/commercial department. it's a good piece of kit, no doubt, but it's not better (in most cases slightly worse) than any other competitor on the market and it also costs more.

with that, i leave the thread.

as i said before, the N97 is awful compared to the iphone. the internet was hard to use, as were the buttons. They were too small to be able to be used efficiently and easily. The physical buttons on the iphone are exactly what are needed on touchphones. Silent, volume, home, hold. Thats all you need. Maximise space by having an onscreen keyboard which works well, and enlarges as you touch. Yes, they should have had all the features that are out now on the first version, but thats the way companies work. they release things bit by bit, otherwise, how else would they make money. all businesses do it. im sure youve bought add-on content for a games console yet i doubt you'd moan about that.

apps are the norm on phones now yes, but most developers are on the apple SDK, and they already have a large base of users and a vastly larger market than any other phone to target. theyre easy to develop, and use as a user.

Jordy
27-12-2009, 11:04 PM

with that, i leave the thread.I agree with you there, the iPhone is no longer significantly better than other phones, only in the past year it's received common features such as a decent camera, MMS, copy and paste etc.

This bit just goes to prove how you are right about brainwashing.

because, based on my opinion, no other phone matches it. It has an ever growing app store for anything youd need, texting is easy, browsing is easy.How on earth is texting any easier on an iphone than it is on any other phone? Texting hasn't changed at all since the 90s, it's a very simplefeature and on virtually all phones is a very easy task. If you consider "Easy Texting" one of the highlights of the iPhone you've clearly been brainwashed. Android matches the iPhone in every way and also has an ever growing app store.

As for 2010, who knows? It's something you can't wait for, just pick a phone you like and buy it. No one knows what's coming next year and it's a fact that better phones will be released throughout the year. Technology is just something you have to buy instantly and then put up with it when better stuff is released, there's no point waiting around as you'd be waiting forever as better stuff is always on the horizon.

Alkaz
27-12-2009, 11:07 PM
I dont remember posting this in the apple mac sub-forum. Thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!