PDA

View Full Version : [PS3] Keyboard

Shibby-Shabs
30-12-2009, 03:32 AM
I'm sick of playing games and then trying to send a 10 word long message and it taking about 5 minutes to type because I have to use the on screen keyboard so I've decided to buy a keyboard and the mini one that fits into the controller is $70.95 so I'm not touching that but I'm looking at a keyboard and I want to know if it would work or not.

http://www.dse.com.au/isroot/dse/images/products/xh0463.jpg
Keyboard Brand: LOGITECH
Keyboard Model: USB 200 Keyboard
Specifications (DSE Website):
Flat, zero-degree tilt keyboard provides exception comport
Comfortable, responsive, soft-touch keys work quietly and feel great
Spill-resistant design means accidental spills won't cause worries
Durable keyboard construction with long-lasting key printing
Attractive, glossy black styling looks perfect on any desktop
USB connection, for PC and Mac
Ready to use, right out of the box
Keyboard size is smaller size than regular keyboard, great for small desks and compact to travel with.
3-year warranty

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 03:44 AM
Ooh an aussie! I just use an USB one if needed, get a USB cord extenders if needed

Shibby-Shabs
30-12-2009, 06:35 AM
That is a USB one ;)

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 06:36 AM
I know, i don't think bluetooth ones are that necessary. Also, if Officeworks has one, get them to pricematch you get another %5 off.

Shibby-Shabs
30-12-2009, 08:41 AM
I know, i don't think bluetooth ones are that necessary. Also, if Officeworks has one, get them to pricematch you get another %5 off.

No office works here. I'm going dse.

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh rly? Well **** Smith (DSE) tends to be expensive so maybe importing it could be a good idea. Also try asking on forums.whirlpool.net.au it's an Aussie IT forum where the blokes are quite nice and not too nerdy!

Recursion
30-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Just get one of those PS3 chat keyboards that clip onto the controller, they work really well.

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 10:14 AM
That is a USB one ;)
Sorry i misread what you were after!!

I am saying, just use any USB keyboard, you don't need a fancy new one. They all should work as long as you need no drivers.

Flisker
30-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I have the one that clips onto the controller and for me it was £18 which is $32 AUD, not sure what the average household income in AU is but for the UK that is cheap for a clip on keyboard which has some kind of touch mouse functionality.

Blinger1
30-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I have the one that clips onto the controller and for me it was £18 which is $32 AUD, not sure what the average household income in AU is but for the UK that is cheap for a clip on keyboard which has some kind of touch mouse functionality.

That's very cheap. Here in the shops they cost over 70 AUD as the OP said

AgnesIO
30-12-2009, 10:07 PM
A cheap USB keyboard should be fine :)

Shibby-Shabs
01-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Bought keyboard yesterday and it works great, light but I might buy a usb extension cable.

Thanks for all the help ;)

The Professor
01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Just on this note, does a wireless usb one work with the PS3? I think I have one lying about in the loft somewhere and I got a PS3 for christmas so yknow :P

awelsh
01-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Just on this note, does a wireless usb one work with the PS3? I think I have one lying about in the loft somewhere and I got a PS3 for christmas so yknow :P

If it doesn't need drivers then it should work. Get it down and try :) no harm in that :)

Markeh
01-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I used a £5 Argos Value keyboard with my Wii, cos I couldn't type well on the on-screen keyboard. Worked perfectly, right until the moment I learnt keyboards don't like a litre of Pepsi Max :D

Recursion
01-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I used a £5 Argos Value keyboard with my Wii, cos I couldn't type well on the on-screen keyboard. Worked perfectly, right until the moment I learnt keyboards don't like a litre of Pepsi Max :D

Luckily my keyboards haven't even been sticky after knocking Pepsi into them! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!