PDA

View Full Version : Should HabboxForum introduce an awards system?

Sammeth.
30-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey guys,

This topic has been subject to much debate over the past, and a topic that has been considered again and again. For those of you who aren't sure, an awards system is where users receive graphic awards based on acheiving various different things, such as reaching a certain post count or special awards for helping out in the community etc. There are quite a few ways in which this system could work, but it would be interesting to see how the poll goes and what your feedback would be.

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 09:04 PM
In before poll and error in title. Yes they should though.

hah
30-12-2009, 09:05 PM
yes yes yes yes

but i dont think it works on vb 4 havent seen a forum with it and if you do give badges for things like reporting posts and taking part in events etc

dont you need vertical post bits to have then on postbits :P

Hiro
30-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes, it would allow users to be "more involved" with the rest of the community.

jackass
30-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes! This will both attract new members, as well as keeping the old ones! :)

It should be displayed FULLY on peoples profiles (with descriptions, images etc.) and just the number of awards on the postbit. For example...

Awards: 3

dogboy123
I think it's a great idea, it'd allow the new members to get involved easier and I think would keep forum members active and posting.

I suggest if we do do it you should get a badge for just signing up and posting cause thats what'll keep new users here

N!ck
I'm not that fussed either way, but I'd probably rather the postbit wasn't cluttered with little graphics.

Richie
30-12-2009, 09:09 PM
No because it makes forums look stupid, it will almost be as bad as habbo given out badges for changing your clothes on habbo.. the only way I think it will be good if the badges are not easily earned but I'm still not a fan of badges sorry ;) I'm probs just a wet fart but yh

Rixion
yes they should introduce awards.

Black_Apalachi
For me it pretty much depends on how they look (in the userbit). If they're big and ugly I wouldn't want the system at all, but if they are pleasing to the eye then it could be a nice new change :).

Homosexual
30-12-2009, 09:10 PM
yeah :)

Charlottay!
30-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Yea i think they are a really good way of just kind of seeing who gets involved with what. I rather liked them when i used to be at CH nearly a year ago. providing they dont look tacky them i wudnt mind having them.
Maybe would could be able to turn them off if you didnt want them on your userbit. Id rather have them on my profile i think.

leah
30-12-2009, 09:12 PM
It would be good to introduce an award system to the forum even if it's just for amunition to post more and become more active. Getting rewarded for doing something will make you associate posting with an award and it will probably make members enjoy posting more too.

hah
30-12-2009, 09:13 PM
wont look cluttered if you do it right along with the skins.

http://i48.tinypic.com/a255lh.png

Sammeth.
For me it pretty much depends on how they look (in the userbit). If they're big and ugly I wouldn't want the system at all, but if they are pleasing to the eye then it could be a nice new change :).

Say for example if we used Biohazards way of implementing them in the userbit, I think that would be more attractive than having awards clutter everything up.

Alkaz
Yes but with the option to either have them showing under each user stats or on their profile.

Cosmic
Yeah we should totally get an awards system. It would probably help to retain users as well as lure in new ones. :D

Jin
Being forced to read a thread sucks!

I have voted no but for what some may consider a bit of a stupid reason.

I don't want the badges in the postbit as it will look cluttered, but I dont want them to be just on a users profile as they will be overlooked.

signature maybe?

GoldenMerc
30-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Would be so biased tho, Alike to member of the month jord wins every month :S

AgnesIO
30-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Nice ones like ClubHabbo's currently are would be good.

Not those huge circular ugly things though :)

Recursion
30-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I voted for "Yes, and awards should be displayed on a users profile view.", but if we do have the reward system, I don't really care either way for rewards.

Jamesy
30-12-2009, 09:17 PM
wont look cluttered if you do it right along with the skins.

http://i48.tinypic.com/a255lh.png

You're just piling work on me :P.

Voted abstain. Not fussed either way - I personally don't really like them but if everyone else does and it's not in the way then thats fine.

Sammeth.
30-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes! This will both attract new members, as well as keeping the old ones! :)

It should be displayed FULLY on peoples profiles (with descriptions, images etc.) and just the number of awards on the postbit. For example...

Is it just me who thinks this idea could counterbalance the "not wanting it to look cluttered" thing, or do you reckon they would still get overlooked and therefore rendered pointless?

Hecktix
30-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I would like to see an awards system as VIP gets boring as a prize :)

I think it would be extremely beneficial

hah
30-12-2009, 09:19 PM
all you have to do is center the user bit parts like posts,rep usertitle,ranks,avavtar etc :P

Lew
30-12-2009, 09:20 PM
No, no, no

ecstasy
Sounds like a good idea as long as they're not ugly looking and take up a lot of room. Maybe make it so that when you hover your mouse over the award it gives you the description

Yonder
No another useless feature, that will die after it is never used after its honeymoon period.

Judge Judy
30-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Dependant on how they look, I'm voting yes they should - show it in profiles, but also userbits. If you don't want it to be cluttered perhaps there'd be an option for admins to display last 3/5 badges in userbit.

xxMATTGxx
30-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Would be nice to see an awards system on the forum. Not sure on where it should actually be but hopefully it wouldn't look "too" cluttered.

Neversoft
30-12-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't think awards are necessary to be honest, and would prefer no more clutter around my userbit. I have nothing against displaying them on users profiles though, but seriously whats the point in awards? They would be good for a month or two then no one would really care about them after that.

nat965
30-12-2009, 09:27 PM
It would be good to have a Badges system on the forum :)
So it's not taking up space in the postbit, place it in the user profiles

jackass
Is it just me who thinks this idea could counterbalance the "not wanting it to look cluttered" thing, or do you reckon they would still get overlooked and therefore rendered pointless?

I personally like that idea - what a great fellow that guy is! :eusa_ange

Just some ideas for some awards...

Post Milestones - 1000, 2500, 5000 etc. posts
Generosity - Given for large donations, VIP/furni etc.
Rep Milestones - Full rep bar/blocks, 1000 points, high rep powers etc.
Member Milestones - Years spent of forum etc.
Arcade winners - Given for... arcade winners in tournaments etc.
VIP awards - If, since joining the forum, you've purchased over 6 months/1 year etc.
Helper - Giving lots of feedback/helping others/helping new members
Dedication - For hard working staff, or maybe frequent posters
Maybe some joke awards too?

GommeInc
An Award system only looks good in the mode that isn't in linear - where the username, post count and details are listed in a column on the left rather than above the posts. Can this be changed in the profile settings, or would it have to be a skin setting (a skin shouldn't need modifying for this as far as I am aware)?

Currently, no, because they would look a damn right mess. But that's assuming you can switch to a different mode that isn't Linear.

Mr-Trainor
30-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I think that an awards system could work on HabboxForum :)

Meree.
30-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I think it's a great idea xD

Rixion
30-12-2009, 09:33 PM
if its introduced you should get the option to enable/disable it from being viewed

Arch
30-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I dont rly care but i think it'd look ugly with the psot count/rep , would be better suited in the user profile i think

Seatherny
30-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Many, including myself have been against this idea for a long time. But given the current erm problems, its a must!

Ajthedragon
30-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Ye, but don't just give them out for anything, make them executive, maybe have a VIP badge even. :D

ItsDave
30-12-2009, 09:47 PM
No, it would get annoying as when Habbo introduced them, everyone going OMFGZ I WANT THAT ONE, GIMME THAT ONE, AHHH AHH, *SLIT SLIT*. Give me a break, we don't need some flashy little graphics to indicated what a person done. If its an achievement for that person, then let them put it in the sig or usertitle. Otherwise leave it be.

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Look how it is on CHF (mentions that forum way too much) - thoughts? Not sure if this has been mentioned, don't want to read "no" "yes" etc, lol.

Grippz
30-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, you might as well

hah
30-12-2009, 10:02 PM
i posted a screenie of clubhabbos ones

and Xoidz w/e ur called maybe they could be given as comps prizes.......

kk.
if its introduced you should get the option to enable/disable it from being viewed
if this is possible, this would work i think. Although, maybe an option to disable it completely on the forum if you dont want to see it, rather than just yours.

tbh, people are saying they dont want any more clutter, but in my opinion the its already as cluttered as it can get. i quite dislike avatars and signatures but i put up with them because some are funny (i dont want to disable them). i think those images are far worse than just a few icons which displays achievements.

i agree that it should say Awards: 3. and then it takes you too whatever. although im not fussed either way.

The one thing that is a MUST though, is that you make sure that the spacing for the vertical bar is right, so its like5px from the left, and 5px from the right, then nothing needs to be centered

AgnesIO
Look how it is on CHF (mentions that forum way too much) - thoughts? Not sure if this has been mentioned, don't want to read "no" "yes" etc, lol.

Already pointed it out so did Graham ;)

The newer CH ones look fab! I hated there old huge circle, flashy, tacky crap, but I really like the new ones :)

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Also, it would give people an incentive to enter the competitions. You could use it for referral competitions, debates badge, loyalty to Habbox badge. People will begin to collect them and see how many they can get. It's a rewards system which will encourage people to behave. However, you're going to need to make an Admin add these. You need to designate which Administrator is going to do this. I will volunteer if you're short... :S Nah, in all seriousness, I think it's a really good idea and a step forward.

Nice to see our opinions are being valued too and hopefully if all senior management are OK with it we can see some changes being made later this week or as soon as possible, help reverse the trend. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing further changes you propose.

Special
30-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes it would be great for the community

Not too often, maybe at near years to celebrate the forums member and what they/us have achived in a year

Shockwave.2CC
30-12-2009, 10:14 PM
The 1st or 2nd one will do

Titch
30-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I like the Generosity one ;)

VIP awards - If, since joining the forum, you've purchased over 6 months/1 year etc.

Sammeth.
30-12-2009, 10:24 PM
If we were to implement this, it would be after 4.0 because there would be no point implementing a system that will likely have to be heavily changed or entirely replaces a few weeks down the line. And something like this would, under any regime, have to take time. This isnt the type of change that would be done in say a week. Hopefully we will be seeing a lot of changes soon though that are quick and simple, and that will be done within quicker time limits.

kk.
30-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought someone said Jin didn't want to upgrade to 4.0 for ages, like a year??

SaltNPepper
30-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I hate the awards s ystems, clutter up under the name and then when you get too many they sometimes go accross and bugger up the post and stuff.

Blob
30-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Why not just have a little icon and then if pressed the awards are shown, then you can close. You should have the option to keep all of them closed or open in user settings?

Chippiewill
30-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I thought someone said Jin didn't want to upgrade to 4.0 for ages, like a year??

The liscence has been bought and there's no reason to change over (Except for all the glaring security flaws that will exist), especially since the skins are in the middle of being ported for 4.0

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Ahh I can't keep up with this thread! :P

Say for example if we used Biohazards way of implementing them in the userbit, I think that would be more attractive than having awards clutter everything up.

I think that is a good idea yeah. And (I think like Joe said) maybe have the option of whether or not you want 'Awards ?' displayed on your userbit or not (like Location etc).

Being forced to read a thread sucks!

I have voted no but for what some may consider a bit of a stupid reason.

I don't want the badges in the postbit as it will look cluttered, but I dont want them to be just on a users profile as they will be overlooked.

signature maybe?

I like the sig idea! I mean if it is decided that the awards must be displayed on posts, then I would vote for them to be small little icons displayed on the bottom-right of the sig just above the edit/quote etc buttons. But still, I'd rather go for just having them on profiles.

Didn't CH change all theirs? I think the older ones were bigger so did they get too cluttered? Either way, that style suits CH because of the kind of forum it is (aimed at a younger audience). It would look immature on Habbox.

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't know where the younger thing comes from. Their most active users are older than most of us. Ok there are a few people who are ancient flyingjesus, sergio, jin etc (a) but like SkaterChu is 18+ and so are a lot of their active users (who used to use HxF in like 2006).

The Professor
30-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Yess definately. Achievements are where its at.

Meanies
30-12-2009, 11:38 PM
It'd be good for keeping both new and old members but making them suit all skins may be hard. People that use the non-habbo skins use them for a reason, not to see habbo stuff all over the place and so having habbo awards takes that away. There should be different ranks of awards aswell, like those on things like farmville and fishville (yeah I'm cool) on Facebook which give you something to work towards and would keep people at it for longer.

I think what would be good is just to have a link saying Awards (Insert number here) and when clicked goes to a part of your profile detailing the awards you've earnt.

hah
30-12-2009, 11:41 PM
would be over looked if there was only a link, if i had them i would wanna flaunt them

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, they should defo be under post bit. If there was a link I wouldn't even care, nobody really would. It's like a half people pleasing measure, we'll give you them but won't show them publicly. People are only going to try and collect them to show them off, you might consider that as sad or whatever but it's true. They should be by post-bit, even if that means making you view it vertical or whatever CHF is.

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't know where the younger thing comes from. Their most active users are older than most of us. Ok there are a few people who are ancient flyingjesus, sergio, jin etc (a) but like SkaterChu is 18+ and so are a lot of their active users (who used to use HxF in like 2006).

I know their staff are 18+, that's irrelevant though. The site and forum both seem like they would visually appeal to younger people and the from what I've seen, the average user of the forum seems younger than that of Habbox. This isn't a criticism, because obviously it's a Habbo fansite and it matches the audience of Habbo itself. On the contrary, it's a criticism of Habbox because the root of our problems here is the fact that Habbox's average users are stuck at the mark Habbo was at a couple of years ago. But now Habbo's users are much younger and Club Habbo looks to have catered for this which is why something that looks good or works well for them, won't necessarily be the same for Habbox.

Edit: I agree people will want to show them off, so displaying them on the posts is probably the best idea. I still vote for in the bottom-right of the signature as the best method though and the row can grow across the bottom of the sig. Think about if you display the maximum amount of information in your postbit, then it will look major-cluttered after you've only got a few rewards. Once the row in the sig is filled, a link could appear to take you to their profile where they can all be seen. Unless it could be made scrollable?

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I know their staff are 18+, that's irrelevant though. The site and forum both seem like they would visually appeal to younger people and the from what I've seen, the average user of the forum seems younger than that of Habbox. This isn't a criticism, because obviously it's a Habbo fansite and it matches the audience of Habbo itself. On the contrary, it's a criticism of Habbox because the root of our problems here is the fact that Habbox's average users are stuck at the mark Habbo was at a couple of years ago. But now Habbo's users are much younger and Club Habbo looks to have catered for this which is why something that looks good or works well for them, won't necessarily be the same for Habbox.

Yeah but everyone just seems to think CHF is full of younger people and aimed at younger people when it isn't really. The youngest people I've seen on forums are all on here. There are 11/12 year olds on here. Yeah, Habbox does need to try be more visually pleasing but that's being worked on.

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah but everyone just seems to think CHF is full of younger people and aimed at younger people when it isn't really. The youngest people I've seen on forums are all on here. There are 11/12 year olds on here. Yeah, Habbox does need to try be more visually pleasing but that's being worked on.

Maybe I'm wrong then, but I'm also basing that opinion from me trying to use Club Habbo myself. I've tried to get into it on a few occasions but it never gained my interest (and that's even though I already know several of its users and workforce where as I came to Habbox not knowing a soul).

Previous post expanded btw.

Chippiewill
30-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, they should defo be under post bit. If there was a link I wouldn't even care, nobody really would. It's like a half people pleasing measure, we'll give you them but won't show them publicly. People are only going to try and collect them to show them off, you might consider that as sad or whatever but it's true. They should be by post-bit, even if that means making you view it vertical or whatever CHF is.

They should be smaller in PostBit but full sized on Profile.

Immenseman
30-12-2009, 11:54 PM
That's because you're established here. I would imagine I'm one of the only people who post on both on a regular basis. They have more active discussions on there and more active members. Here, however I'm just more used to it and some users I've known for years and it's easier to talk to them on here :)

Black_Apalachi
30-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I know what you mean, but surely if I could establish myself here when I was much younger and didn't know s single person, I can do it there? I mean like you say you're one of the most active members and I know you, and I know Ryan and various others.

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Because you're not young any more and already have 8k posts and 7 rep power.

Pigperson
31-12-2009, 12:25 AM
They would be good but make them small and in user info bit :) Don't have too many either otherwise it would just clog it up.

Will :eusa_danc

Agnostic Bear
31-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't much care, if you create them then you'll have a bunch of people on the forum who NEED EVERY SINGLE AWARD TO LIVE and some that will cry if you don't. Weigh the differences and go with whatever.

Ardemax
31-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I don't see the harm, go for it.

Titch
31-12-2009, 12:46 AM
That's because you're established here. I would imagine I'm one of the only people who post on both on a regular basis. They have more active discussions on there and more active members. Here, however I'm just more used to it and some users I've known for years and it's easier to talk to them on here :)

like me :D:D:D:D:D:D

samsaBEAR
31-12-2009, 12:49 AM
i like the idea, but i wouldn't want them cluttering up the screen while i'm posting. and like jewish bear said, some people will obsess far too much

Kyle
31-12-2009, 01:31 AM
This forum isn't really all that habbo orientated compared to other fansites which do have badge systems but I guess it would be nice to have a few. Pointless if they're displayed in profile though since nobody really browses through people's profiles to see what they've achieved, not do they want/have the time to.

Verrou
31-12-2009, 01:38 AM
What a waste of time :/ People will just get all superior and up themselves even more because they have more awards than one another. Would be alright if it was just displayed on the users profile though.

Jam
31-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Not really needed but if they're small then, not too bad.

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Because you're not young any more and already have 8k posts and 7 rep power.

Why would my status here make any difference to joining a new forum? It can only make it easier if anything.

Jahova
31-12-2009, 09:44 AM
In my opinion, no. Users will think they are better than others, I much prefer equality online. People with more "awards" may think they can bend the rules or avoid warnings / bans. You will argue this won't happen, but it will.

AgnesIO
31-12-2009, 10:07 AM
The main advantage(s) for me are:

New members will be able to achieve something
A great way for competitions, if say you only give 5 of a certain badge out EVER, then people might actually enter.
A badge that stays would be so much more enjoyable than a 1month VIP prize.
New members will see them as an incentive to do whatever is asked.
Cons:

If you have limited numbers of badges you will give out, some users will start saying it is 'fixed'.
Personally I think at least a trial run would be fabulous, and I would like to see it at least trialed :)

luce
31-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah i think we should because it would give you something to work towards on the forum rather then just post counts and rep, and i don't really care where they are displayed where ever they look less tacky :)

UrbanRyan
31-12-2009, 12:19 PM
yeah go for it.

Mr-Trainor
31-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I agree that it should be at least trialed first :)

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 12:45 PM
In my opinion, no. Users will think they are better than others, I much prefer equality online. People with more "awards" may think they can bend the rules or avoid warnings / bans. You will argue this won't happen, but it will.

Surely rep or post count would be more likely to have that effect? As Luccy. says, it's an incentive for new members to keep returning to the forum.

Jin
31-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Any other ideas as to how they will be achievable or awarded?

Can this be changed in the profile settings, or would it have to be a skin setting (a skin shouldn't need modifying for this as far as I am aware)?

This is already an option on the current habboxforums, you can switch between the vertical or horizontal postbit.

Could be considered.

Nope, only until a decent stable version is released. I don't like having to upgrade software every week because a new patch or version has had to be released.

The liscence has been bought and there's no reason to change over (Except for all the glaring security flaws that will exist), especially since the skins are in the middle of being ported for 4.0

Styles are being written from scratch, so far the only "ported" style is the Classic Style purely for nostalgia sake, but at this current moment none of the current styles (with the exception of classic) will be available on the 4.0 boards.

Chippiewill
31-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Styles are being written from scratch, so far the only "ported" style is the Classic Style purely for nostalgia sake, but at this current moment none of the current styles (with the exception of classic) will be available on the 4.0 boards.

I thought one of the other styles was being ported by using a lot of the structure the classic style has?

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Also, I fear this is something that will be added because we have a new GM but soon management will kinda just ignore it and not bother with giving out badges any more. So it'd just be a total waste of time, that'd be very Habbox to abandon it after a while as well as the badge being ugly but that's why we love Habbox :D

Jamesy
31-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I thought one of the other styles was being ported by using a lot of the structure the classic style has?

I said that it is a possibility if Jin tells me to :)

hah
31-12-2009, 02:30 PM
@Jin

Reporting Posts - people who report posts regularly and not just to get a badge Christmas events, easter events valentine events, summer etc - base the badges around that, eg - snowman for Christmas Staff Visits - give people a badge if staff visit the forum and answer their question Forum Competitions - gold,silver and bronze badges for certain comps - people get so sick of VIP

Jamesy
31-12-2009, 02:33 PM
@Jin

Forum Competitions - gold,silver and bronze badges for certain comps - people get so sick of VIP

I agree with your last point, VIP is nice now and then but for every little thing just waters it down.

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 02:34 PM
- debate badge for best contribution to debates (people might actually join in)
- staff badge for staff
- admin badge for admins
- special occasion ones, i.e. christmas, halloween ones

could we scrap user bars and have badges for vip - donator - pixel people - it people and whatever other user bars we have.

kk.
31-12-2009, 02:38 PM
- staff badge for staff
- admin badge for admins

could we scrap user bars and have badges for vip - donator - pixel people - it people and whatever other user bars we have.

Agreed with scrapping user bars if this comes into place!!!

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 02:42 PM
- staff badge for staff
- admin badge for admins

I was about to say this. Pointless to have both. Not sure if the stars would become pointless too, if not, at least they'll be more relevant as you'll be able to see everybody's.

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 02:43 PM
yeah if we got badges for post achievements and how long we've been around just scrap the stars too

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 02:48 PM
or the stars could be badges ;)

i'm well lookin forward to seein what stars i've got when my vip runs out. i had 2 red ones last time i saw them lol

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 02:48 PM
stars = ugly

hah
31-12-2009, 02:49 PM
keep user bars scrap stars

get user bars for all staff k cause the user titles look horrible when they have a list of jobs

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 02:51 PM
stars are quite fit tbf

jackass
31-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Any other ideas as to how they will be achievable or awarded?

Either automatic, or there can be a thread where you request them.

For example...

Person reaches 1000 posts > 1000 post award automatically appears on awards list, with a PM recieved with details about that award.

OR

Person reaches 1000 posts > Person posts in the thread requesting for the 1000 post award > Admin adds it to their awards list.

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 02:57 PM
If it's possible for it to be automated, then it should be else they'll just be a huge backlog. I know on CHF when they're added you get an automated PM from the Forum Manager saying it has been added.

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 02:58 PM
If they're not automatic then the whole thing is pointless and will fail.

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 03:01 PM
but how will it be automatic?

say i win a comp and i win a badge how do i automatically get badge? not possible it has to be manually added probs.

Titch
31-12-2009, 03:05 PM
- staff badge for staff
- admin badge for admins
- Badge for people for have given large donations or helped habbox in a large way.

Have added one for you, would incourage more people to donate and help habbox ;)

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 03:06 PM
yeah, but that can just be a "Thanks" badge which could be for donating or could just be for helping sammeth. or someone out with a small task when they need volunteers.

Titch
31-12-2009, 03:08 PM
yeah, but that can just be a "Thanks" badge which could be for donating or could just be for helping sammeth. or someone out with a small task when they need volunteers.

yeh i just mean a select badge for the few people like MissAlice who are always giving large donations towards habbox and helping alot, as you said, a badge just to say thank you.

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah I was thinking along the lines of achievements like on Habbo. Didn't think it through tbh :P.

hah
31-12-2009, 03:11 PM
ill take the admin job to give them out

jksz

im sure brandon/yoshi could do it

xxMATTGxx
31-12-2009, 03:11 PM
but how will it be automatic?

say i win a comp and i win a badge how do i automatically get badge? not possible it has to be manually added probs.

Well I think ones like you have said couldn't be automated but other ones could be for example; when someone is made "Staff" they automatically get the staff badge. Not sure how the whole awards system works though.

hah
31-12-2009, 03:19 PM
maybe u shud installl it as a test on the forum now and try it out then when you upgrade you will know how it works and you can give us more info

Immenseman
31-12-2009, 03:25 PM
matt ur always about u can add 'em ;l

Jamesy
31-12-2009, 03:27 PM
maybe u shud installl it as a test on the forum now and try it out then when you upgrade you will know how it works and you can give us more info

Is there even an awards system for vB4.0 out?

hah
31-12-2009, 03:28 PM
i said that lol dnk think so

check vbsite

Jamesy
31-12-2009, 03:50 PM
i said that lol dnk think so

check vbsite

Had a quick flick through - if you know what the mod is that clubhabbo uses I can tag it and check for updates later.

xxMATTGxx
31-12-2009, 04:11 PM
matt ur always about u can add 'em ;l

I have no problems if was given the task of handing the badges out if needed. :P

Homosexual
31-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I have no problems if was given the task of handing the badges out if needed. :P

you'd give me all of them because i love you x

i like this idea.

xxMATTGxx
31-12-2009, 04:17 PM
you'd give me all of them because i love you x

i like this idea.

For that to happen, you need a new avatar and signature. (Joke people)

Homosexual
31-12-2009, 04:19 PM
For that to happen, you need a new avatar and signature. (Joke people)

coming up xx (im serious)

Hecktix
31-12-2009, 04:41 PM
coming up xx (im serious)

you get around babe, at least garions boyfriend will be happy now.

If we get an awards system does this dude get an award for sleeping with half of management?

Homosexual
31-12-2009, 04:47 PM
you get around babe, at least garions boyfriend will be happy now.

If we get an awards system does this dude get an award for sleeping with half of management?

i didn't sleep with half of them, i was awake

-:Undertaker:-
01-01-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm all for it, keep them small and nice looking and you have it. I was just browsing ClubHabo and ClubHabbo have done this amazingly.

Chippiewill
01-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Perhaps a dedicated member of staff should be in charge of Badges? Also is it possible to make people select a few badges for the post bit and then the rest in the profile?

Contempt.
01-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I think badges shud only given out for really special things like big competition winners and big contributors to the forum, I don't think post count should be awarded tho...Well just my opinion :)

Black_Apalachi
01-01-2010, 09:38 AM
btw don't start giving them out for any old rubbish. make them some what exclusive.

Alex3213
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Well to be fair I voted no however it depends on what sort of awards you'd give. If there are awards for pointless reasons there would be no point, however ones which you earn after a long time period would work better.

hah
01-01-2010, 11:09 AM
@ Jamsey http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1943515

Jamesy
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
@ Jamsey http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1943515

Cheers graham :).

GommeInc
01-01-2010, 11:24 AM
This is already an option on the current habboxforums, you can switch between the vertical or horizontal postbit.
I can't see the options :( The only options available (on the classic skin at least) are: Linear, Hybrid and Threaded. Award systems and user information available on thread/post view seem to look better in whatever display mode you call it (ClubHabbo use it by default, and it's the default view in IPB forums it seems, both of which call it either standard or Linear :P). In the current format, they just bundle up and look unappealing - but that could be opinion talking :/

Jamesy
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I can't see the options :( The only options available (on the classic skin at least) are: Linear, Hybrid and Threaded. Award systems and user information available on thread/post view seem to look better in whatever display mode you call it (ClubHabbo use it by default, and it's the default view in IPB forums it seems, both of which call it either standard or Linear :P). In the current format, they just bundle up and look unappealing - but that could be opinion talking :/

This is the setting: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3663961/postbit.PNG.
http://www.habboxforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

AgnesIO
01-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Woah never changed the setting before :D

How cool am I.

Boonzeet
01-01-2010, 04:34 PM
... is this really important enough to force people to view before they continue browsing?

AgnesIO
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
... is this really important enough to force people to view before they continue browsing?

Yes, because if people have been forced to view it, it means nobody has the right to say 'I didn't know it was coming'

Neil
01-01-2010, 06:25 PM
As long as half the badges don't require you to take part in habbo related events and competitions, obviously a couple can but the majority should be for post count, years been a member, report posts etc. since not everyone on the forum plays habbo and it wouldn't be fair for more than half being habbo based.

Arron
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
i wouldn't mind this :)

Gibs960
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I was thinkin about this, the other day, it should be like on hffm, badges, habbo fansites aren't the same without them, habbox lacks this

jackass
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
200 against 61 at the moment, in favour of it. Looks like we should be getting this then! :D

AgnesIO
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
200 against 61 at the moment, in favour of it. Looks like we should be getting this then! :D

Victory after victory aye :D

I think it should be done on a 31 day trial first :-)

Blob
02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
The awards system won't be here until vb4 is. Good luck, Jin ;)

e5
02-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes, and the awards should be displayed in the userbit (along with post count and reputation etc)

DEFINATELY!! :d:d:d:d

ColyTom
03-01-2010, 02:35 AM
As long as half the badges don't require you to take part in habbo related events and competitions, obviously a couple can but the majority should be for post count, years been a member, report posts etc. since not everyone on the forum plays habbo and it wouldn't be fair for more than half being habbo based.
Yeah, I deffo agree with that!

Kronics
04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Yes, definatly.

Cheryl
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, and the awards should be displayed in the userbit (along with post count and reputation etc)

DEFINATELY!! :d:d:d:d
But all the little graphics shouldn't be in the userbit, it should be like the below.

Habbo UK Name: Gmalindavis (http://www.habbo.co.uk/home/Gmalindavis)
Awards: 6
Rep Power: 1 http://habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

GommeInc
04-01-2010, 02:52 PM
This is the setting: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3663961/postbit.PNG.
http://www.habboxforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
Awww, I love being blond :P Thankies :D In that post view, an award system would look fine. As it is by default (top of post), it would be a huge scrambled mess.

Jssy
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I think we should :) It would make a nice feature of the forum.

ColyTom
08-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I think we should :) It would make a nice feature of the forum.

Yeah and it would fill the space between the avatar and the info :P

Sammeth.
19-03-2010, 11:42 PM
BUMP (mainly so people start discussing this again and don't let us forget about it as we'll be discussing it soon n ting)

hah
19-03-2010, 11:43 PM
yes yes yes yes yes we want one

Titch
19-03-2010, 11:52 PM
yes yes yes yes yes we want one

for once i agree with graham, would look good with the new 4.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic
19-03-2010, 11:53 PM
yes please add one :D

Martin
19-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I think this could be a really good idea. The poll suggests that quite a large majority of users want one, and it's something nice and new to add onto to the new VB.

Awards would also give people things to work towards I'm guessing? And so could also improve activity, posting and also create a fun and more challenging atmousphere.

Jamesy
19-03-2010, 11:56 PM
I am not fussed either way, so long as we don't have something that ends up like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3663961/hellnaw.PNG

Hecktix
19-03-2010, 11:57 PM
I think yes, but they should only appear on a specified tab on profiles.

Seatherny
19-03-2010, 11:57 PM
They look messy and crap. You will end up making it for silly things and that's a guarantee.
If you really are going to implement it (and remember, its always been rejected for a reason!) only have it show on the profile.

Homosexual
20-03-2010, 12:14 AM
They look messy and crap. You will end up making it for silly things and that's a guarantee.
If you really are going to implement it (and remember, its always been rejected for a reason!) only have it show on the profile.

Aren't communities about having fun and being silly?

Black_Apalachi
20-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I apparently hadn't already voted so I just chose 'don't mind' but if it was done, I would prefer it on the userbit rather than profiles. Would be really pointless and nobody would care about it if it was only in profiles. Then again, Biohazard's idea of a link in the userbit with the number of awards could be good - especially when people start getting loads.

Would this be possible: You know how you click someone's name and a list drops down, would it be possible to create something similar that drops down to show all your rewards?

Titch
20-03-2010, 01:22 AM
I think yes, but they should only appear on a specified tab on profiles.

how about we can have 1 or 2 appear on our userbit area, otherwise they wud suck, i would only want to get one so i could show it off.

Richie
20-03-2010, 02:21 AM
It will increase the forum lag and make the forum look childish. Yeah its a habbo forum but its not fair on those who'd rather not use it. If there was an option to enable or disable all badges well then I wouldn't mind. I like habbox forum for staying as it is and not following fansite trends by introducing this award system.

Seatherny
20-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Aren't communities about having fun and being silly?

Habbox tries to be more mature. Most mature sites dont use it as its tacky.

Like I said, its always been rejected by every past AFM, FM, AGM, GM's for a reason.

Fully agree with Richie up there ^.

AgnesIO
20-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't mind one, but I don't want any of those huge ugly circle badges that look like they are for 5 year olds.

If they are 'mature' then sure - wouldn't mind.

Hushie
20-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes, just make it optional to show them in your userbit or something...

hah
20-03-2010, 10:42 AM
btwwwwwwwwwwwww crybaggggggggs... when installed it comes with this option......
http://RBGuides.com/screenshots/44b1a657.png

i think the badges should be small and nice if ur gunna make them

and sav... this is still a habbo forum....... if you look at the thread about age there are loads of people under 16...... not everyone is 20 :rolleyes:

Ajthedragon
20-03-2010, 10:43 AM
No every forum has one, its so common.

Mr-Trainor
20-03-2010, 11:06 AM

I'd reccomend 35x35 at the most and also, all badges the same size :)

Seatherny
20-03-2010, 12:11 PM
btwwwwwwwwwwwww crybaggggggggs... when installed it comes with this option......
http://RBGuides.com/screenshots/44b1a657.png

and sav... this is still a habbo forum....... if you look at the thread about age there are loads of people under 16...... not everyone is 20 :rolleyes:

But the forum is more mature than other fansites. Its always been and thats one of the things which makes it unique.
It doesnt go around installing hundreds of modifications for the sake of it.

Do you really want to see badges on postbit which would make them EVEN LONGER than they already are. If the badges are ugly, people will moan. Also people can disagree but I can see it being awarded for winning normal competitions. Its useless.

Con
20-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree with what Saurav is saying,
If the badges are made, there should definitely be an option to show or not to show them. I also agree that if the awards are going to be given out for normal competitions, or stupid things, then it'll just become like any other habbo fansite. So I'm hoping that if this goes ahead, the badges are given out for something worthwhile.
Plus, seen as I'll probably be one of the people making the badges, I'll definitely try and not make them look tacky/naff :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!