PDA

View Full Version : Will There Be....

Kdwndr8
31-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Do you guys think there will be a Modern Warfare 3?

Here's an interesting article to read, take note that it was written BEFORE Mw2 was released.

Infinity Ward is not working on the inevitable Modern Warfare 3, the developer has insisted.
Speaking to VideoGamer.com, community manager Robert Bowling said Infinity Ward has "honestly no clue" what its next game will be.
With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 due out globally November 10, the finishing touches are being applied to what many believe will be the best-selling video game of all time.
Even so, Activision-owned Infinity Ward insists "100 per cent of the team" is dedicated to Modern Warfare 2.
Bowling was responding to questions from Gearbox Software's head honcho Randy Pitchford, who asked of Infinity Ward in June: "What else have you got? Can you give me something I haven’t seen before?”
Pitchford said at the time: "The folks that are innovating need to be rewarded so that the folks that are making big bets can take that risk. It’s too big of a risk for Infinity Ward to do anything but what they’re doing, because there’s too much value and there’s really big scope for it.”
Bowling responded to Pitchford's call, saying "eventually we'll do something else".
"Well, we like to do new stuff all the time as well," he said.
"When we feel like we can't innovate any further in the Call of Duty franchise, then we'll do something else. A lot of that mentality went into Modern Warfare 2. That's why it's Modern Warfare 2. It is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but you'll never see that in game. We never call it that. It's because we think of this as a new IP. This is our Modern Warfare 2 game. So we are constantly doing new stuff.
"We're doing stuff in this game that you've never seen before, which is awesome. We're going to new locations in single player that you've never seen before. We innovate in our own way. But yeah, eventually we'll do something else, and it will be fun and it will be awesome and it will be fresh and it will be great."
Are you already working on that?
"No. Right now, 100 per cent of the team is dedicated on Modern Warfare 2. We have no, honestly, we have no clue…"
Not even Modern Warfare 3?
"No. Honestly we have no clue what our next game is. I'm planning on taking a nap for three months. And then maybe I'll wake up."

ItsDave
31-12-2009, 01:21 AM
They're probably not going to work on something now. Take a good year rest, work on a game to keep the studio going and work on MW3. In the time I guess they will review all reports of the games, fix the errors, listen to fans, the critisism, make a new engine, improve graphics, add new features, alot of stuff basically. But there definatley will be a number 3.

Jam
31-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Activision (or someone) said their was going to be a third Call of Duty developer, so maybe they'll make a new IP then milk this in a few years.

Fez
31-12-2009, 01:56 AM
PFFFT

This series is more predictable than... well... anything really. I expect Treyarch to show off their muscles in '10 and Infinity Ward to jump back in.

Not sure when the new developer will release. Probably some subscription thing.

dbgtz
01-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Maybe this 3rd dev will make that subscription cod or something, but obviously gonna be MW3, and if it costs to go online sure as hell I'm not paying, story is good enough for me.

ecstasy
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Well they clearly ended MW2 so that they could carry on the story in a future game. It'd be good to see their work after MW though which
will be fun and it will be awesome and it will be fresh and it will be great

Techian
01-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Well there must be because the story line has not ended yet.

dbgtz
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I think price dies in the next one, in the enemy of my enemy makarov says:"someday you will learn that cuts both ways". So y'no, bit off topic but I'm sharing ideas.

ecstasy
01-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I think price dies in the next one, in the enemy of my enemy makarov says:"someday you will learn that cuts both ways". So y'no, bit off topic but I'm sharing ideas.
I wouldn't be surprised, he's not all that great - he's nearly died at the end of both games :P

Neil
01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Obviously they will have a MW2 but not until Treyarch give us another game that is going to blow the real CoD fans away yet again.

ecstasy
01-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Obviously they will have a MW2 but not until Treyarch give us another game that is going to blow the real CoD fans away yet again.
Just because people didnt like WaW that means that they're not "real CoD fans"? :S

iAdam
01-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I actually look forward to Treyarch's developments more than IW's.

But yh, this series is so predictable, another modern warfare guaranteed.

dbgtz
01-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Tbh I actually like WaW now, I wouldn't say I prefer it especially to campaign but I think the next Cod will be pretty cool online still.

Kdwndr8
03-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I really hope there will be one tbh.

IW does an awesome job with storylines in Modern Warfare, so yeah. :)

crazed
04-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Probably, lets hope it's not as hyped up this time. MW2 was too hyped up and imo turned out to be a crap game.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!