PDA

View Full Version : School Bag Difference

Sharon
31-12-2009, 09:46 PM
What I have in mind is price. I could either save on a BANK Bag or splash on a I Love Pauls Boutique Bag. Bare in mind that this is for a school bag

I was thinking this I <3 PB Bag
http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_11251_12051_37755_300659_-1_women

Or this BANK Bag
http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_11251_12051_37755_284751_-1_women

But I was thinking... 65 Quid for a SCHOOL BAG expecially in Year 7 is quite a lot.

Its a 59 Pound difference :P You can't say I have bad taste..

-:Undertaker:-
31-12-2009, 11:04 PM
The top one, because its bigger but they both look nice. :)

Meree.
01-01-2010, 12:36 AM
The first one, I think it's really nice :)

Sharon
01-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Yep with no doubt what about price :@ wish the prices switched

Jessie
01-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Well, if you really like the first one, save up for it and get the other one for the moment? xD or just buy it and use it loads and love it forever ;)

Special
01-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Top one for design but bottom one for price lol

Why not look for something around £30?

Sharon
01-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Top one for design but bottom one for price lol

Why not look for something around £30?

I may aswell, tar Ill look into it :) still love the first one :D

TheEclipse
01-01-2010, 02:13 AM
I would pick neither at your age. Is that seriously what girls in your area take to school *in year 7*?
Can you put enough books in it? All your stuff will fit? You don't ever just dump your bag on the dirty floor or the ground outside a bus stop? Because the pink one will need to be looked after.
Is there a zip at the top? It's what I always look for in a bag. It falls over under your desk or in your locker or wherever you keep school bags at school in England, and all your stuff falls out.

Are you paying for this with your own money or are your parents?

Sharon
01-01-2010, 02:24 AM
I would pick neither at your age. Is that seriously what girls in your area take to school *in year 7*?
Can you put enough books in it? All your stuff will fit? You don't ever just dump your bag on the dirty floor or the ground outside a bus stop? Because the pink one will need to be looked after.
Is there a zip at the top? It's what I always look for in a bag. It falls over under your desk or in your locker or wherever you keep school bags at school in England, and all your stuff falls out.

Erm yeah it's what Year 7s have. It might just fit my books. Yeah after a while we chuck it on the floor. I have thirsty quid ATM fair point on the BusStop though.

TheEclipse
01-01-2010, 03:14 AM
If it just 'might' fit your books, I don't think it's what you want- you really do need to be able to fit your books in. And whatever else you take. I know I always have a WHOLE lot of stuff in my bag, and used to at school as well. stationery, drink bottles, books, stuff I was bringing in for my friends, lunch boxes (but you'd eat school meals right, unlike us so that's not needed), gifts for people, etc. I cram in a WHOLE lot. You want to be *able* to do that occasionally. And since it's so expensive, you would have to be really careful with what you did with it.

Alkaz
01-01-2010, 03:22 AM
The first one but I am sure if you properly look around in the shops you'll find MUCH better for the price youre 'willing' to pay.

UrbanRyan
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Go for the first one then.

Glen Coco
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Hmm, perhaps you should look for another bag to be honest. If you really really want the top one then get it but maybe not for school? Someone's gonna end up ruining it aswell. Get a nice bag though, maybe not that expensive. In Year 7 everyone's gonna be getting to know where they can push people and having an expensive bag in school isn't the best idea as someone's gonna try and push your limits and may use the bag to hurt you. Especially as some Year 7's are incredibly immature and inconsiderate.
get one like the one second one, it'll hold alot more aswell :)
or get a fakie of the first one.

x

Angel-Light
01-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I cannot believe they are being classed as 'school bags'

Do yourself a favour, go to Argos and look at bags there. Would you rather be in fashion or end up with a back problem after you have left school?

First one is a handbag used for outside of school and the second is a shopping bag used for carrying groceries (also your things will NOT stay dry)

Have a look at these as they are more sensible choices and won't do you out of pocket - Bags (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14419388/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/2|14419152|Luggage|14419371/c_3/3|cat_14419371|Messenger+and+shoulder+bags|1441938 8.htm)

Sharon
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I cannot believe they are being classed as 'school bags'

Do yourself a favour, go to Argos and look at bags there. Would you rather be in fashion or end up with a back problem after you have left school?

First one is a handbag used for outside of school and the second is a shopping bag used for carrying groceries (also your things will NOT stay dry)

Have a look at these as they are more sensible choices and won't do you out of pocket - Bags (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14419388/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/2|14419152|Luggage|14419371/c_3/3|cat_14419371|Messenger+and+shoulder+bags|1441938 8.htm)

Well point taken but I had the Billabong or what bag first with everyone looking down on me with that bag.

Roxy
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I never really like pauls boutique bags, but that ones ok. For that price I do think you could find something nicer though.

For the second one, we have a bank shop in our shopping centre so the amount of times I've seen that bag is unreal. I don't know whether other people you know have similar bank bags but round here they're just so common, if it's like that where you live I'd recommend shopping around a bit more otherwise you'll just end up with the same bag as everyone else which just looks stupid.

luce
01-01-2010, 01:59 PM

If it just 'might' fit your books, I don't think it's what you want- you really do need to be able to fit your books in. And whatever else you take. I know I always have a WHOLE lot of stuff in my bag, and used to at school as well. stationery, drink bottles, books, stuff I was bringing in for my friends, lunch boxes (but you'd eat school meals right, unlike us so that's not needed), gifts for people, etc. I cram in a WHOLE lot. You want to be *able* to do that occasionally. And since it's so expensive, you would have to be really careful with what you did with it.

man back down if she wants a nice school bag rather then a rank hiking back pack that is bigger then her body let her have it! i have a jack wills school because i don't take books home i keep it in my locker and i am able to retain myself from putting it down when i have to wait for the bus it's not hard to keep an expensive bag nice??! if it's pe day take two bags? that one is small enough to be able to handle another bag. Im in year 11 and with all my book having a big enough bag for all of them isn't possible so why even bother LOL i have never come into trouble with my small bag :D!

TheEclipse
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
There are compromises between fancy bags that I wouldn't get at *my* age for anything but fancy things, and 'rank hiking back packs that are bigger than her body'.

She DOES need a bag that can fit her books, or what's the point?

luce
01-01-2010, 04:14 PM
There are compromises between fancy bags that I wouldn't get at *my* age for anything but fancy things, and 'rank hiking back packs that are bigger than her body'.

She DOES need a bag that can fit her books, or what's the point?

so wot is *your* age lolz

Sharon
01-01-2010, 04:59 PM
so wot is *your* age lolz

yay Lucy! So 'your' age then?

Tash.
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I have to say I do like the top bag, but I get what TheEclipse is saying. If the bag isn't big enough for books and everything you have to take it isn't fit for purpose. And in year 7, unless things have changed drastically since I left school (and I doubt it), bags and other things are left on the floor while in class and are often trodden on by people with muddy feet, grafittied and generally defaced. Now, I don't know about you, but buying a bag at over £60 for this to happen to it does not sound like a good idea. If you like the bag then buy it, I just wouldn't use it for school.

cocaine
01-01-2010, 05:06 PM
its a school bag, not a catwalk.

Glitter
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM
pauls boutiques bags are FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, if i could afford it i'd have ten!

Sharon
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
pauls boutiques bags are FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, if i could afford it i'd have ten!

That I agree with :)

Mathew
01-01-2010, 06:27 PM
You go to school to learn and your bag is used to carry learning materials. Why spend so much money on something which isn't fit for it's purpose?

Leave all this "self expression" rubbish to the weekend, you're not at school forever.

I'm with TheEclipse, Angel and Tash on this one.. :rolleyes:

Bun
01-01-2010, 08:26 PM
year 7 = first impressions. go with the pb one it'll blates get you more attention. although the other one is a handy cheap bag for a day you need a lot of school books. get them both.

Sharon
01-01-2010, 08:31 PM
year 7 = first impressions. go with the pb one it'll blates get you more attention. although the other one is a handy cheap bag for a day you need a lot of school books. get them both.

Thank you! Finally a point I wanted to improve. Its not gone so well in the past months :(

Bevvie
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM
They are cute bags but sorry do you want your expensive bag to be ruined?
lol it will break and get torn ... with all your heavy books and it dont look big enough. :S

Choose a more suitable school bag. That bag won't last long.

Geraint
01-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Top one looks way nicer but seeing as you're going to school, I'd go for the bottom one. Judging by what goes on at my school, bags are not ruined and just chucked on the floor. You're actually able to put them on the back of your chair y'know and people don't deface them or anything. Most people round here would go for option 1 and half go for number 1 -10x in size.

Obeying
02-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't understand women :S. Why not just an asda bag for life?

TheEclipse
02-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Older than a year 7, is my age. And around here, no one has bags like that for school, *everyone* has backpacks, so that could affect my response to this. But I'd never give/allow an 11/12 year old to buy a bag like that for school, and as an 11/12 year old I wouldn't have wanted it for school. And I'd be pretty shocked to see year 7s with a bag like that.

Also- I do LIKE the bag, just not for school. Just saying.

Yeah, year 7 equals first impressions, and my first impression of an 11/12 year old carrying that bag (even when I was a year 7) would not be good.

Aren't you already halfway through the school year? So the first impression has been made. And do ALL your classmates really have bags like that pink one? :S

Or like that other one even, which looks like it wouldn't be able to hold much?

Richie
02-01-2010, 02:22 AM
The top ones bigger but it will also be heavier, so it all depends whether you need the bag to hold allot of objects, if not if I was a woman I'd go with the lighter smaller one. But yeah both are nice :P

Hushie
02-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Please don't get a Paul's Boutique bag, it's been turned into a chav brand

Sharon
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Older than a year 7, is my age. And around here, no one has bags like that for school, *everyone* has backpacks, so that could affect my response to this. But I'd never give/allow an 11/12 year old to buy a bag like that for school, and as an 11/12 year old I wouldn't have wanted it for school. And I'd be pretty shocked to see year 7s with a bag like that.

Also- I do LIKE the bag, just not for school. Just saying.

Yeah, year 7 equals first impressions, and my first impression of an 11/12 year old carrying that bag (even when I was a year 7) would not be good.

Aren't you already halfway through the school year? So the first impression has been made. And do ALL your classmates really have bags like that pink one? :S

Or like that other one even, which looks like it wouldn't be able to hold much?

Yeah they do :P

MrGazet
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
To me both are equally nice.

But I'd say go for the 2nd bag cause it could fit all your school stuffs better than the other bag.

Well you could have the 1st bag for school but I think it has little space & you'll end up cramming everything in there.

I'm not so sure how much space left after you put all your school stuffs in the 1st bag.

Simply for space,go for the 2nd bag but for fashion go for the 1st one.

At the end of the day,it's your choice that matters anyways :)

Xtina
02-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Get the Pauls bag :P

Sharon
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Get the Pauls bag :P

Yay Christy xx

Going shopping tomorrow so lets see :eusa_danc

Pix
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't say they're school bags but i'd go with the second one :)

Invent
03-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Can't believe you'd even consider the first one for a school bag - let alone when you're in year 7, lol. Fair enough if you'd use it out of school but if you don't then it's just for carrying a hell load of books (at least in my case there were a lot of books to carry during year 7) and will also most probably get thrown around a bit from lesson-to-lesson. Just get the 2nd :P.

Geraint
03-01-2010, 01:30 AM
I have to say I'm surprised by the replies on here going by my school. Girls seem to get on pretty well with number 1 that I know of.

Invent
03-01-2010, 01:33 AM
I have to say I'm surprised by the replies on here going by my school. Girls seem to get on pretty well with number 1 that I know of.

I guess it sort of depends on what types of books, etc your school uses. Most of my classes gave me like 2 books to write in and at least 1 textbook so you kinda had to have a larger bag than the first one she's posted to bring everything to class, lol.

Geraint
03-01-2010, 01:36 AM
I guess it sort of depends on what types of books, etc your school uses. Most of my classes gave me like 2 books to write in and at least 1 textbook so you kinda had to have a larger bag than the first one she's posted to bring everything to class, lol.

In my school, most backs are kept there except for some classes. The books we take home are rarely big books and they're just the smaller ones. If we have folders you can carry them anyway but I think they can fit into those type of bags, depends on what extra stuff you take to school I suppose.

TheEclipse
03-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Same here. We'd go to our lockers in the morning, at recess, and lunch and at home time. Each class would have an exercise book, and a text book, and sometimes accessories like pencil cases, or sports equipment, or the projects we were handing in, etc. There'd be two or three lessons for each time we went to our lockers. Each night four subjects would give us homework.

No one carried their books in their arms for the sake of fashion.

What 'kind' of school are you going to if you leave the books in the classroom? You are in secondary school right? And um... what sort of demographic school? Mine was an upper class public (in the American not British sense. So. State school? ) school where we were pretty much all middle class and most of us were expected to graduate, and preferably go to university.

Geraint
03-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Same here. We'd go to our lockers in the morning, at recess, and lunch and at home time. Each class would have an exercise book, and a text book, and sometimes accessories like pencil cases, or sports equipment, or the projects we were handing in, etc. There'd be two or three lessons for each time we went to our lockers. Each night four subjects would give us homework.

No one carried their books in their arms for the sake of fashion.

What 'kind' of school are you going to if you leave the books in the classroom? You are in secondary school right? And um... what sort of demographic school? Mine was an upper class public (in the American not British sense. So. State school? ) school where we were pretty much all middle class and most of us were expected to graduate, and preferably go to university.

I just go to some crappy comprehensive school. I don't see why leaving your books there is bad. It's not like I need the if I don't have homework or revision. Lots forget to bring them back so they collect them in.

TheEclipse
03-01-2010, 01:52 AM
^ Exactly. The forgetting to bring them back in is one of the traits of a lower economic school. I don't know why, I've just noticed that it happens a lot, and that schools choose to not give out books (or, they can't afford a book for everyone in the school, that's another factor) for kids to take home, to stop that from happening.
I'm sure you're more trustworthy than that though, just saying about the demographic of the school itself.

Why would you need to take them home? Because we do/did have to do a lot of homework every night and it often did involve the textbooks and our exercise books. Four textbooks home a night required a big bag.

Geraint
03-01-2010, 01:55 AM
We're just given a photocopied piece of paper from a book for homework normally. Well posh we are.

Invent
03-01-2010, 01:58 AM
We're just given a photocopied piece of paper from a book for homework normally. Well posh we are.

Most schools are like that I think up until the later years (year 10-11) as the homework generally gets a lot longer and more complex then :P.

Geraint
03-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Most schools are like that I think up until the later years (year 10-11) as the homework generally gets a lot longer and more complex then :P.

I'm in year 11, nothings changed. Infact, probably more chance of getting a book in year 7 as you'll bring them back.

TheEclipse
03-01-2010, 03:28 AM
What a waste of paper. I almost never got worksheets, nor did my brother. Unless you're talking about primary school. (under year 7s, for us).

Maybe the students at my school were more trustworthy. I didn't know anyone who lost their books or 'didn't return them'. Sometimes you'd forget to bring them to class, and you'd get in trouble for it.

Fabienne
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure about you but I love LeSportsac. I know they are really expensive so I buy them at markets :P And we don't even get the real LeSportsac shops in Australia anyway

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!