PDA

View Full Version : Should we abolish the games section of the forum?

Nixt
02-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Following recent suggestions in the Feedback section of the forum, we have decided to make some changes to the forums and categories we have so the forum doesn't look as daunting to new members and so it is far easier to navigate. One of the more major changes that has been suggested has been the removal of the games forum, although both Forum and General Management agree this change should be made, we thought it would be interesting to see what the members thought, as you are the people who make use of this forum.

The options are:

Option 1 - Leave the "Games" category untouched.

Option 2 - Merge "Computer and Board Games" with "Console Gaming" to create "Computer and Console Gaming". Leave the rest of the category untouched.

Option 3 - Abolish the "Games" category completely and merge with "Entertainment". Within "Entertainment", have a "Forum Games" forum and a "Gaming" forum, within which there will be a number of relevant sub-forums.

Please vote on the poll and share your opinions using this thread :).

Please note that the results of the poll will not necessarily reflect the action taken.

AgnesIO
02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Option 2.

I never have understood how the hell Computer and Board games are relevent to each other :P

hah
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Option 3 - this forum tries to accommodate to many people with its graphics,games etc.

Merge them all and move to entertainment

Jordy
02-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Option 3, however within the "Gaming" forum, keep the sub-forums Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and Call of Duty which are currently within the Console Gaming forum.

Niall!
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Option 3, however within the "Gaming" forum, keep the sub-forums Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and Call of Duty which are currently within the Console Gaming forum.

Yes because PC gaming no longer exists.

Option 1. I don't want to be included with those console peasents.

hah
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Why a game is a game... i dont see why you have to have everything divided up

Nixt
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Why a game is a game... i dont see why you have to have everything divided up

I agree. I think it's far too separate. I personally think option 3 is the best, it reduces forum size but will retain most of the sub forums so it will feel pretty much the same, it just reduces what is visible on the index.

Jahova
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Untouched, it's not doing any harm.

Misawa
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
No one talks about board games, so that be removed.

22andy2231
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
i chose the 2nd 1 lol even tho a have no idea wot it means :D:D:D:D :P:P jokes haha

Nixt
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Untouched, it's not doing any harm.

We need to cut down on the amount of forums on the index and make it feel more streamlined and appealing. It's not doing any 'harm' as such, but it would be beneficial to remove it. As I say, with option three most of the gaming forum would be condensed into a forum but you'd still have most of our current forums as sub forums - so you'd keep things virtually as they are, it would just be smaller scale :).

Niall!
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I agree. I think it's far too separate. I personally think option 3 is the best, it reduces forum size but will retain most of the sub forums so it will feel pretty much the same, it just reduces what is visible on the index.

Try reading my reply.

Yes because PC gaming no longer exists.

Option 1. I don't want to be included with those console peasents.

Nixt
02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Try reading my reply.

I did... I don't quite understand. You're post merely reinforces the fact that there are worrying divides between members, which in fact encourages me to make changes rather than pushes me against it.

Niall!
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I did... I don't quite understand. You're post merely reinforces the fact that there are worrying divides between members, which in fact encourages me to make changes rather than pushes me against it.

The worrying divide between members is a good thing, it reminds people of where they stand. See image.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7664/45617314zi1mu6copypp8.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/45617314zi1mu6copypp8.jpg/)

ecstasy
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
The worrying divide between members is a good thing, it reminds people of where they stand. See image.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7664/45617314zi1mu6copypp8.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/45617314zi1mu6copypp8.jpg/)
Its just what you choose to game on, I dont see why PC gamers think that they're so great :rolleyes:

Get rid of board games, merge computer and console gaming and create a Runescape sub-forum in online games

Nixt
02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Lets not have this thread turn into an argument on whether consoles or a PC is better, thanks :)

Geraint
02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
You might aswell sub-forum the rest of the forum then. What's the point in having all these discuss anything, sports and spam when you can sub-forum then all and make the forum teeny-weeny.

You can actually chose wether to view forums on not so if people don't want to see it there, just click on it. Please say it works or I look like a fool.

Jordy
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Hang on, would this involve Runescape being merged into it?

You can talk of PC Gaming but the fact is; nobody posts about it

http://habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=770

Look at it, it's dead.

Nixt
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Runescape would have a relevant sub forum.

J0SH
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Leave it untouched, it's fine as it is. There's no point changing things that don't need changing.

cocaine
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
option 3 - however if there was an option just to delete it all i would have chosen that

Chippiewill
02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
If you really wanted to piss the gamers of then you could merge the computer gaming into technology and the web. Less clicking for me.

Judge Judy
02-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Option 3

The Professor
02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Change the category to "games and entertainment", keep runescape as a main forum because it has so many subforums and then have a "games" forum with all the subforums in console gaming and then the "forum games" forum with enabled post count.

Sore Ted.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, option three, just get rid, clean them up baby.

hah
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope you're gunna do something about Graphics because its the most inactive category on the forum

iAdam
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
You'd have to be careful, PC gaming forum and WoW sub forum is dead, merge it with console and drop board games by all means, but I don't see why the whole section should be merged with entertainment.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
just go with the majority on the poll, even if it's close (am only saying this cuz scrapping them is winning them atm)

Geraint
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
You might aswell sub-forum the rest of the forum then. What's the point in having all these discuss anything, sports and spam when you can sub-forum then all and make the forum teeny-weeny.

You can actually chose wether to view forums on not so if people don't want to see it there, just click on it. Please say it works or I look like a fool.

back to my point.

Neversoft
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Anything but merging it with Entertainment would be fine. If you merge it with entertainment then something else is just going to be removed to compensate for the newly occupied space. Option 2 sounds the best to me but I really don't see why the games section needs changing at all.

Nixt
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Anything but merging it with Entertainment would be fine. If you merge it with entertainment then something else is just going to be removed to compensate for the newly occupied space. Option 2 sounds the best to me.

Entertainment, I believe, will remain as it is other than having additions... if this change is implemented.

iAdam
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
back to my point.

A very valid point too may I add tbh.

hah
02-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Anything but merging it with Entertainment would be fine. If you merge it with entertainment then something else is just going to be removed to compensate for the newly occupied space. Option 2 sounds the best to me but I really don't see why the games section needs changing at all.

cause the forum is to big and it puts people off.... look at clubhabbo lol

Clubhabbo
Habbo
General
Entertainment
Help
Tech

And Habbox is

Habbox
Feedback
Habbo
Trading
Games
Graphics
General
Entertainment
Teen
Tech

Jordy
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Entertainment, I believe, will remain as it is other than having additions... if this change is implemented.Hobbies surely has to go, it's easily one of the most inactive forums.

http://habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1417

And I don't want to risk upsetting the "Anime and other Entertainment" people but that's also inactive, there's just four threads which are continually posted in, couldn't the active threads just be moved to "TV & Film"

http://habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Nixt
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Because those sections are generally more active. I don't see the need for a massive variety of gaming forums on the index, particularly as they are only used by a specific set of members, whereas general etc appeal to a wider variety of individuals.

That does work, but not everyone is aware of it and it doesn't create the streamlined effect we would like to achieve.

Geraint
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Because those sections are generally more active. I don't see the need for a massive variety of gaming forums on the index, particularly as they are only used by a specific set of members, whereas general etc appeal to a wider variety of individuals.

That does work, but not everyone is aware of it and it doesn't create the streamlined effect we would like to achieve.

But surely the forum should be a place that everyone likes. It's hard to get it that way but by using that button for people to get rid of certain forums, it please everyone.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
scraps graphics too lol make the photo forum photography alts and graphics or something then with habbo alts make a sub forum in habbo section called habbo alts or whatever.

The Professor
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Hobbies surely has to go, it's easily one of the most inactive forums.

http://habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1417

And I don't want to risk upsetting the "Anime and other Entertainment" people but that's also inactive, there's just four threads which are continually posted in, couldn't the active threads just be moved to "TV & Film"

Jordy is blatantly right.

N!ck
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
It's clear a change is going to happen, so I hit option 2.

Shouldn't trading be made a subforum of Habbo though?

And perhaps merge Hobbies into Anime and Other entertainment. Surely a hobby counts as other entertainment?

Neversoft

Yet look at the amount of posts those threads have. A couple have over 1,000 replies. The section is far from inactive. Also try to remember that the section isn't just anime, but other entertainment as well. If anything hobbies and jokes should be merged with anime and other entertainment as they are forms of other entertainment anyway. The Televison section and the Film section were two of the most active forums in entertainment before the merge, so merging yet another section with them I don't think will do anyone any favours. Not to mention if you do away with the 'anime' part of the forum then 'other entertainment' will be highly inactive.

adaym
Forum: Video Games
Sub-categories: Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, PC/Mac

Either that, or just one forum Video Games with pre-fixes. Don't abolish it that's silly.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM

you've really gone and put ya foot in it now

iAdam
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Fact is, there are alot more less active sections that could be merged, chopped and whatever, games really shouldn't be.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
If it was so active and bustling with members posting in there then said members will vote in this poll and ensure it stays. I know that I post in General the most and of course that's not under threat but if it was I know I'd try and prevent it. So those who post in Games will protect it. It appears that it's not overly popular and the poll reflects this.

hah
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
It's clear a change is going to happen, so I hit option 2.

Shouldn't trading be made a subforum of Habbo though?

And perhaps merge Hobbies into Anime and Other entertainment. Surely a hobby counts as other entertainment?

for the Habbo section

UK news and rumors
International News
Habbo Discussion (maybe have a subforum here for habbo alts)
Trading

Neversoft
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
If it was so active and bustling with members posting in there then said members will vote in this poll and ensure it stays. I know that I post in General the most and of course that's not under threat but if it was I know I'd try and prevent it. So those who post in Games will protect it. It appears that it's not overly popular and the poll reflects this.

There are more people on the forum that don't post in the games section than those that do. This poll is kind of unfair because those that dont post in the forum would rather see it condensed and hidden somewhere in Entertainment.

Jordy
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Yet look at the amount of posts those threads have. A couple have over 1,000 replies. The section is far from inactive. Also try to remember that the section isn't just anime, but other entertainment as well. If anything hobbies and jokes should be merged with anime and other entertainment as they are forms of other entertainment anyway. The Televison section and the Film section were two of the most active forums in entertainment before the merge, so merging yet another section with them I don't think will do anyone any favours. Not to mention if you do away with the 'anime' part of the forum then 'other entertainment' will be highly inactive.I partially agree with your points, there is a fairly large Anime community and they shouldn't be got rid of, it does need to be moved though IMO. The active threads should be moved to either "Jokes" like you suggested or "TV and Film", however I do see your point that it is already quite busy.

As for "other entertainment", it seems non existent and would presumably be more suited to "Discuss Anything", likewise for Hobbies.

I just don't think it's fair to move gaming yet keep entertainment how it is, when clearly that needs some changes too, the same goes for Graphics and the large amounts of Trading forums too.

Immenseman; the Console Gaming (and also Runescape) forums are among some of the most active, take a look yourself and you'll see how many recent posts there is. It's just the majority of members who use them aren't particularly vocal within Feedback.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
There are more people on the forum that don't post in the games section than those that do. This poll is kind of unfair because those that dont post in the forum would rather see it condensed and hidden somewhere in Entertainment.
This thread wouldn't happen to popular forums though. You're not going to see a similar thread about the Habbo section or the General section because they are active with numerous new threads and posts every day. When management are trying to slim down the amount of forums it's going to be the less active ones which are going to be targeted first.

iAdam
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Plus, as Garion said, the poll does not mean that certain action will be taken.

And give people time to see the thread.

leah
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't see why we should? it's active enough, if anything I think we should have post count back in there, as Jake said before newer members could use it to increase their post count.

Jamesy
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
scraps graphics too lol make the photo forum photography alts and graphics or something then with habbo alts make a sub forum in habbo section called habbo alts or whatever.

Don't scrap graphics, all sections are for the most part active. Scrap group alterations on it though. Last post was in October.

Boonzeet
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Why is there a Board Game and Call of Duty forum? Call of Duty is just a game, is there a particular reason it requires an entire subforum of its own?

Nixt
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Why is there a Board Game and Call of Duty forum? Call of Duty is just a game, is there a particular reason it requires an entire subforum of its own?

Pretty sure board games will be going whatever we choose to do. The Call of Duty subforum is there because it's an immensely popular game that was having lots of threads made about it, so we thought a sub-forum would be ideal.

hah
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Don't scrap graphics, all sections are for the most part active. Scrap group alterations on it though. Last post was in October.

No they aren't you obviously going to be bias because you like gxf. I dont see why graphics that are better than others get their own forum. They should all be merged and move to ent. too.

Andeeh
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Option 1, dont change something that doesnt need to be :) although board games i agree need to go

Jamesy
02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
No they aren't you obviously going to be bias because you like gxf. I dont see why graphics that are better than others get their own forum. They should all be merged and move to ent. too.

I fail to see how graphics are entertainment. I'm not biased towards graphics, I don't see the point in taking away one of the creative sections when it still receivs daily threads/ posts in all of its sections.

I conceed that groups needs to go - and actually put this forward when it was shrank last updates.

Firehorse
02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Simply create a 'Gaming' forum and in it have sub forums for each kind and multi-platform games can just be in the main forum.

hah
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I fail to see how graphics are entertainment. I'm not biased towards graphics, I don't see the point in taking away one of the creative sections when it still receivs daily threads/ posts in all of its sections.

I conceed that groups needs to go - and actually put this forward when it was shrank last updates.

Because you make them to entertain yourself w/e

Can i asked what you voted on the poll?

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Graphics won't be scrapped from the board entirely but they don't deserve their own forum any more than games. Especially when they fit into other forums with the minimum of hassle.

Hecktix
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Merge with entertainment. From what I can see the gaming section is quiet enough. This would create a livlier entertainment section.

ecstasy
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Merge with entertainment. From what I can see the gaming section is quiet enough. This would create a livlier entertainment section.
The gaming section is more active than other forums, they should be sorted first - Graphics should be merged, theres too many. Anime + other entertainment, Hobbies. Once they're done, then change board games etc. Theres no need to move it all into entertainment

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
wow lol we have a board game forum?! this is awesome, let me find it

Jam
02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Option 2, might help Steam and GFW users.

Neil
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Remove "Board games" part, make it "PC or comuter gaming" and leave it alone, it's fine how it is, I swear we tried this before and it was just stupid

lazerman
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
'I dont care'

Lee
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Leave it untouched - I beleive that the games section is absolutly fine as it is. And there is a big difference between Computer / Board Games!

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the board games will be going whatever lol, I made a thread about board games and somebody said it was the first one in years, ha.

Flisker
02-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Leave it as it is.

Lee
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Rename the "Computer Games" forum to "Other Games" or something?

I'll post my monopoly results for ya Jake <3

AgnesIO
02-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the board games will be going whatever lol, I made a thread about board games and somebody said it was the first one in years, ha.

Looking forward to reading it babe

Chippiewill
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I think board games should stay, there have been 3 threads on board games today already.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I think that might just be me only finding out today we have a board games forum!!

AgnesIO
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I think that might just be me only finding out today we have a board games forum!!

:D

Honestly the noob who boasts about being AGM and stuff lol.

leah
02-01-2010, 09:29 PM

lmao you're taking up half of the new posts, think you should be banned, addict.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
should be rewarded for dedication ;s

AgnesIO
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
should be rewarded for dedication ;s

Keep it up for one month and I will get you 1 month free vip.

Next year

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
wow too generous dom :') i won't live at home next year, omgz.

anyway, it appears that the poll has turned and most people want to keep them as they are.

AgnesIO
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
wow too generous dom :') i won't live at home next year, omgz.

anyway, it appears that the poll has turned and most people want to keep them as they are.

WHo you been paying Jakey.

Immenseman
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
nobody seeing as i voted to scrap them lol

GommeInc
02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Gaming is a form of entertainment, figure it out :P (voted 3). Just make sure you remove or rename a few forums to combine them, it'll be chaos if you merge all the game forums into the entertainment category.

-Heart
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Leave it as it is, it's fine..

Blinger1
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Just leave it, seriously

Black_Apalachi
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
just go with the majority on the poll, even if it's close (am only saying this cuz scrapping them is winning them atm)

That's hardly fair at all seeing as everyone who picks option 3 probably never even use the section in question and it barely makes any difference to those people either way. They're not voting for what's best for new members, just what's most convenient for themselves.

I'm speaking as someone who doesn't spend most of his time in the Gaming section, but I do post there occasionally and enjoy reading threads there on a regular basis. That is something else you must consider, just because a forum doesn't get a huge amount of posts doesn't mean it's not providing a service to a lot of people. A section like Gaming is probably going to contain a lot of informative threads as people ask for advice etc so anyone else looking for the same information may read the threads without posting in them.

... And I don't want to risk upsetting the "Anime and other Entertainment" people but that's also inactive, there's just four threads which are continually posted in, couldn't the active threads just be moved to "TV & Film"

That's probably because the anime fans on this forum seem to have brains. I say that because they decided to have one ongoing thread to discuss all aspects of manga and anime. This keeps the forum very tidy, easy to follow and I imagine it makes life easier for the mods. If other sections that don't have many regular users were to follow this method, it could save a lot of them from being shut down and displeasing a segment (however small) of Habbox's members.

Anyway, I voted for option 1 but now I'm thinking option 2 may work, if I understand it correctly. In any case, option 3 should not even be considered in my opinion. A more reliable poll would only involve members who actually use the particular forum section in question. Not to mention, how can merging a section with another section to create a forum with chains of maybe four or five sub-forums, possibly tidy it up? :S

Immenseman
03-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Obviously a joke Rob, lol, I thought the bit in brackets explained that. Anyway, 42% want it to remain untouched which is pretty vast considering there are three options and if all the votes are from different accounts then it should stay the same to respect what the majority want :)

Geraint
03-01-2010, 12:50 AM
The games forums are alot more active than alot of forums on here. Transport, fashion, food and drink. Never get any posts. You should look elsewhere before moving it. Personally, in a non-biased way, I see my idea as the best and it makes everyone happy.

Black_Apalachi
03-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Oh, I'm all deluded cos I don't have my rightful place in your user title :'(.

ColyTom
03-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah, shove them under entertainment :P

Arch
03-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I think its fine
3rd option is bad tho

Callum.
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
runescape vs spam is habbox history.

leave it untouched.

Ashley 12344
04-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Leave the lot as it is. Saying that, they're just about the only sections of the forum I've used for the past 4 or so years.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!