PDA

View Full Version : One thing I want to clear up...

LMS16
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey,

Ok so its an ongoing argument about which console is better... ps3, or xbox 360.

Now its obvious that both users of either console will say theirs is better..
But one thing they dont realise is the technology used in either console and which company made them. Now sony spend quite a bit on development of their consoles and bring some pretty good consoles out, where as microsoft have just had to find another way of making money.

Microsoft didnt want to make the ultimate console, they just wanted more money. Now the xbox was released in 2005 in which it was the best console avaliable, but in my eyes it was rushed out, true it could play good games with better graphics ect, but it was like any othert console with a slide open disc drive, square shaped, no wireless internet built in or hdmi...

Now sony must have played their cards right and realised that if they wait for the xbox360 to come out then see what features that has, and make their console better. They did a good job of that, which made the console the most expensive but worth the buy, where as u may aswell buy a ps2 instead of an xbox at the time.

So nowadays you ask your friends what the xbox has better than the ps3, now the only come back they have for the xbox is the "xBox Live", now I can only guess its better because of the amount of people that go on it, now "PSN" is free and has the same performance... so how can xbl be better?

So prices, you would probably pay more for an xbox than a playstation 3 in some circumstances, I mean, the ps3 is £250, pretty expensive but its better than buying an xbox without a blueray, having to buy a wireless adapter, bigger HDD's... PS3 is well worth the money.

Now Id love to see someone make a valid argument for this,

The xbox will never be better than the Playstation 3, no matter what they do.

I will add stuff to this when I can think of more random stuff to complain about the xbox.
Leave any comments and if its a valid comment I will leave you +rep :)

Oh btw, if you have PSN, add me: Lewiie15

Thanks for viewing :)

Lew.

Thread closed by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Closed to prevent inevitable arguing.

dbgtz
02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
That is your opinion but in my opinion, that is true.

LMS16
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Tbh alot of people says it opinion, if u think about it enough, you will know its fact :)

Lew.

[Chris]
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Tbh alot of people says it opinion, if u think about it enough, you will know its fact :)

Lew.

Counter argument - Sony had barely ANY time, So they just dumped parts in, And not all work together perfectly.

Cant remember where i saw it - Google it of your too bothered..

Both games have their advantages and disadvantages, Get over it. People have different preferences, Get over it.

Nemo
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey,

Ok so its an ongoing argument about which console is better... ps3, or xbox 360.

But one thing they dont realise is the technology used in either console and which company made them. Now sony spend quite a bit on development of their consoles and bring some pretty good consoles out, where as microsoft have just had to find another way of making money.

**** no! a company wanting to make money! Kill them now!

Microsoft didnt want to make the ultimate console, they just wanted more money. Now the xbox was released in 2005 in which it was the best console avaliable, but in my eyes it was rushed out, true it could play good games with better graphics ect, but it was like any othert console with a slide open disc drive, square shaped, no wireless internet built in or hdmi...

Yes, of course they want to make money, they are a company whos only purpose is to mae money, however they will do what they need to to make it. And who cares about having an open disc drive? Its just silly little features. Peraps the no wireless internet built in but thats it.

Now sony must have played their cards right and realised that if they wait for the xbox360 to come out then see what features that has, and make their console better. They did a good job of that, which made the console the most expensive but worth the buy, where as u may aswell buy a ps2 instead of an xbox at the time.

A lot of people arent rich. They dont care if its got blu ray or no disc tray, they want to play games and considering xbox can do everything essential that the ps3 can, its the most obvious choice for many. Your last comment i wont dignify with an answer.

So nowadays you ask your friends what the xbox has better than the ps3, now the only come back they have for the xbox is the "xBox Live", now I can only guess its better because of the amount of people that go on it, now "PSN" is free and has the same performance... so how can xbl be better?

From what i've heard, many servers go down and can be laggy, whilst in my experience there is no lag and the servers have only gone down once in the years ive been playing my xbox.

So prices, you would probably pay more for an xbox than a playstation 3 in some circumstances, I mean, the ps3 is £250, pretty expensive but its better than buying an xbox without a blueray, having to buy a wireless adapter, bigger HDD's... PS3 is well worth the money.

Some people dont care about blu ray, i dont need a wireless adapter since i have a ethernet cable and my xbox is next to my router, and i couldnt care about HDD.

Oh snap

Neither are better, its down to preferences and opinions.

I will add stuff to this when I can think of more random stuff to complain about the xbox.

I look forward to it.

Lew.
Answered in bold tyvm.

LMS16
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
lol, ok i like your feedback :)

Lew.

Robbie
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I can't believe some of your points are about the shape of the disc tray, are you serious? Who gives a **** if it is square or ejects out lol? Also the Xbox does have HDMI.

Xbox Live is seen as better because it is £4.99 a month, so Microsoft can use this money to add more services and features and make the service run smoother. There's loads on XBL now, Sky Player, Last.FM, Twitter, Facebook, Zune etc - the features and quality make it worth £4.99 for me.

Fez
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
My replies are in bold. I hope you take the time to read them.

Hey,

sup?

no there isn't, just fanboys waging pointless rage at each other.

not entirely true

But one thing they dont realise is the technology used in either console and which company made them.

ummm that's the point of this argument right... better technology?

Now sony spend quite a bit on development of their consoles and bring some pretty good consoles out, where as microsoft have just had to find another way of making money.

*sigh* Sony spent five years on developing the PS3, Microsoft has been planning the 360 since goddamn before time began (when HD came into form). I'm also pretty sure Microsoft just wants to join in this industry and have fun, they're more than welcome.

Microsoft didnt want to make the ultimate console,

yes they did

they just wanted more money.

everybody does kid, including sony, way the world works.

Now the xbox was released in 2005 in which it was the best console avaliable, but in my eyes it was rushed out,

emphasis on the words 'your eyes'. If anything, the 360 was more than ready for release and offered a great line up of games. It really started to pick up speed a year later, a trend we saw with the PS3.

true it could play good games with better graphics ect, but it was like any othert console with a slide open disc drive, square shaped, no wireless internet built in or hdmi...

HDMI wasn't even mass produced until Sony HDTVs came along (2007). I doubt it was like any other console, it was the future. It is the present.

Now sony must have played their cards right and realised that if they wait for the xbox360 to come out then see what features that has, and make their console better.

Sony planned the PS3 long before anything in existence, the blu-ray drive too.

They did a good job of that, which made the console the most expensive but worth the buy, where as u may aswell buy a ps2 instead of an xbox at the time.

LOL. NO

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=6068055#post6068055

read it and lern

They're both worth the money

That is the single most fanboyish thing I have heard in absolutely ages.

Lew.

Okay, imma bite the carrot here and just totally and utterly call you out on this. You come down to console gaming with an argument I wouldn't even be caught dead with. I'm totally serious man, you're a nice guy and I can see you making some good contributions, but your head isn't in the right place.

There is no superior console, there is no "argument about whether ps3 is better than 360", there's just bickering. I don't want to be a part of senseless bickering and I'm sure no one else would either.

I enjoy both sides of Sony and Microsoft, and I don't see why we can't all get along fine, the videogame industry has enough problems and fanboys should be one of them.

If anything I am sick to death of countless arguments being churned out, time and time again, where we'll see four or six members totally just churn and recycle old facts and figures in the hope of winning.

Yes, I respect your opinion, and I respect you more of a person for expressing it. But what I can't stand in life are three things.

1. Reality TV celebrities
2. People who think COD4 is the best thing ever made
3. Fuel for fanboys.

This is one of them.

tl;dr - SHHHHHHHHHHHH ALL OF YOU. FOR THE LAST GODDAMN TIME JUST SHHHHHH

adaym
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
wow.

both consoles play games. chose your weapon of choice.

opinions vary.

Neil
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
This fanboy needs some schoolin' I'm sick of this crap so all I'm going to do is post this.

http://www.pcvsconsole.com/comparisons/xbox-360-vs-ps3-gpu/

Xbox > PS3 - End

Fez
02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
This fanboy needs some schoolin' I'm sick of this crap so all I'm going to do is post this.

http://www.pcvsconsole.com/comparisons/xbox-360-vs-ps3-gpu/

Xbox = PS3 - End

Fix'd.

Jam
03-01-2010, 03:32 AM
As soon as PS3 gets premium features, ie. everything it doesn't have that the Xbox does, then they're both exactly the same bar an exclusive or two.

Oleh
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Why are there still threads like this...?

-Heart
03-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Much prefer the 360 myself, bigger appeal to it and Xbox Live is epic now. There's so much you can do, as previously mentioned by Robbie I think it was.

Black_Apalachi
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh my word, I'm really close to not even bothering attempting to dignify this thread with a response, but here goes.

Hey,

Hi, I'm a user of both and I do realise the technology used and I'm sure I've see names of the companies who make them, on the side of them once or twice. Why the ****, out of all the companies producing games consoles, are you accusing Microsoft of only doing it to make money in a suggestive manner? :S Firstly, I'm pretty sure that's the idea for any games console that is manufactured, and secondly how is Microsoft any different to Sony in this instance? :S:S:S

I never played an original XBOX so all I can so to this is similar to above, well done for understanding the fundamental aim of a company.

Yeah they did a great job, which is why they were losing money on each console when it was first released? You've definitely done your homepwork haven't you :eusa_clap.

If you check out the countless threads on this topic, even some recent ones, you'll find XBL isn't the only reason 360s are preferred to PS3s. And as you say, it is better than the PSN as it is not the same performance.

No, you would probably pay considerably more for a PS3, and I did. You don't buy a 360 expecting the Blu-Ray etc. When you said earlier on that Microsoft just made a games console while Sony looked at what else they could include, this is because Sony weren't aiming to just make a games console. They created a whole media centre. Microsoft on the other hand, wanted to sell something to kids to play games with. You probably assume the market for both is exactly the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3's market was considerably older than the 360's. And no, I haven't found it to be much better than buying the necessary accessories for the 360.

I thought that's what you were doing?!

Because you'd be a great judge of that?! :lol:

Lew.

How much Gamerscore you got then?

Niall!
03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
PC is better.

ecstasy
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
tl;dr - SHHHHHHHHHHHH ALL OF YOU. FOR THE LAST GODDAMN TIME JUST SHHHHHH
This..

Dragorn
03-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow, this guy is just judging them by their makers, its not about the makers, its about the console, and that guy cleared it up anyway with that link.

adaym
03-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow, this guy is just judging them by their makers, its not about the makers, its about the console, and that guy cleared it up anyway with that link.
Excuse me.

ecstasy
03-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Excuse me.
This guy = the guy who made the thread
That guy = Apeel

(i think)

Andeeh
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
does anyone really care? no?

Neil
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Who ever -repped me is a moron.

"statistics aren't everything and the blu-rays hold a lot more data than DVDs so is a lot more future proof than the xbox."

Statistics are everything, the xbox has better processors allowing it to render alot better while the PS3 doesn't, uhh xbox win?

The PS3 has "top of the range" graphics but the processors are too slow so it can't even be made the most of without reducing what you see on the screen.

Of course blu-rays hold more than DVDs but it also takes a good year or two to make one 10Gb game so the big fat 40Gb blu-ray disks are just useless right now, hence why the major franchises for Sony (Gran Turismo and MGS) took ages to come out, while GT still isn't out.

A new xbox is expected to be announced within the next few years, a good chance that will have blu-ray and even better hardware while the PS3 is "good for 15 years" so unless Sony reps are stupid you shouldn't be seeing any hardware improvements for a good 4-5 years from now.

Now let this crap die because it's just getting boring now.

Hiro
03-01-2010, 06:33 PM
TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

One has blu-ray the other doesn't. They both run games perfectly well, one has subscription fees, the other doesn't.
It's all down to choice, STOP MAKING THESE ******* THREADS!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!