PDA

View Full Version : LBP Competition????

awelsh
03-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey,

Was thinking of something to get us all involved here, and here it is :)

We have to each create and play each others levels and then after all is done I will create another poll on here to see who gets the highest vote.

Or something like that :P

Will give everyone a large amount of time to create levels due to it taking hours and hours of time to get a tiny level done :P but the end result should be quite good :)

Anyone interested in doing this?

Stitch
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I will if others are interested. I'm not the best level maker but it's all fun!

Fez
03-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounds fun.

I'm in.

awelsh
04-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Ok, will leave more people to see this and we have have it finish the end of the month?

Fez
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok, will leave more people to see this and we have have it finish the end of the month?
Sure.

I might buy the Pirates pack just for this. Got an idea already.

awelsh
04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Sure.

I might buy the Pirates pack just for this. Got an idea already.

Same here, might just make a water substitute though :P

dbgtz
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I got a level already :D
Im in.

Fez
04-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I will if others are interested. I'm not the best level maker but it's all fun!
Just noticed you have 1337 trophies.

Well done my boy.

awelsh
04-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Im in.

I was thinking of everyone doing new levels to make it more fair :P

Unless people don't mind using already made levels (half made ish mine is) and then others can do it from scratch.

I have just started a new one and in 2 hours of work you have a full 20 second level to play so far :P

Stitch
04-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Just noticed you have 1337 trophies.

Well done my boy.
I've got loads more now but I don't want to update my signature. :P

I'll start my level tomorrow. I might have a good idea by the time I get round to it.

awelsh
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Im in.

I've got loads more now but I don't want to update my signature. :P

I'll start my level tomorrow. I might have a good idea by the time I get round to it.

I have some good ideas, just putting them into action is a pain in the ass :P hate it when pistons etc don't work as you want them too.

Swinkid
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Doubt ill win until i get some packs - but im in :P

awelsh
05-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Doubt ill win until i get some packs - but im in :P

Good :) ive only got the metal gear pack :)

My level is pretty awful at the moment I must admit :P

Keeps overheating because ive got too many moving things on there because when I first made it I used string to hold everything up :P pain to fix everything up.

Stitch
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
When do we need to finish?

awelsh
05-01-2010, 03:56 PM
When do we need to finish?

Ill set it as the end of the month, because some people might have exams etc coming up.

If everyones finished before then though its all good :)

Stitch
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I've started mine! I's about an icy place where loads of kings live! It's not very good but none of my levels are amazing! :P I can think of what to do at the start and end but I get stuck on what to put in the middle!

awelsh
05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I've started mine! I's about an icy place where loads of kings live! It's not very good but none of my levels are amazing! :P I can think of what to do at the start and end but I get stuck on what to put in the middle!

Mines been published if anyone wants to see it.

Name: Sack King v1 AMAZING
Or PSN me: kerry-w

Still needs work doing to it but ive got the thermometer full :( id say about 95% of ths stuff on there I made myself :) the car was a pain in the ass :P and the lift.

Stitch
05-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Mines been published if anyone wants to see it.

Name: Sack King v1 AMAZING
Or PSN me: kerry-w

Still needs work doing to it but ive got the thermometer full :( id say about 95% of ths stuff on there I made myself :) the car was a pain in the ass :P and the lift.
I go and play that in a minute!

I was thinking about recording these levels for people who can't/can't be bothered to play them. I don't have a fancy HD PVR so don't expect amazing quality videos if I do!

Stitch
05-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I think the checkpoint just before the turkey cooker should be at the bottom of the slope/drop because I always miss it and when I die in the turkey cooker I have to go right back to the checkpoint before and the rocket is no longer there.

awelsh
05-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I go and play that in a minute!

I was thinking about recording these levels for people who can't/can't be bothered to play them. I don't have a fancy HD PVR so don't expect amazing quality videos if I do!

Tell me what you think :)

Yeah sounds good :) I don't have anything to record with so I wouldn't be able to do that :P

Ohhhh, does anyone know how to make an item ive made into an object that I can make to be emitted? Because if someone messes up the car on my level it only shows up once :(

Stitch
05-01-2010, 07:17 PM
You use the object capture tool (the tool at the top of the objects bag) and then select it in the box. I think you should do that for the rocket too. I've been trying this level for ages now and the electric block thing always kills me in the turkey cooker thing :(!

Stitch
05-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I just completed it and I have a video. Shall I upload it now or do you need to make changes?

Fez
05-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I am reworking Grabkey.

I have big ideas.

Stitch
05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I am reworking Grabkey.

I have big ideas.
GRABKEY! I remember that!

Fez
05-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Hehe, the poorly made levels are still up.

This time, it's personal.

(I want to win).

awelsh
05-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I just completed it and I have a video. Shall I upload it now or do you need to make changes?

Still making changed :)

I think the checkpoint just before the turkey cooker should be at the bottom of the slope/drop because I always miss it and when I die in the turkey cooker I have to go right back to the checkpoint before and the rocket is no longer there.

Ok, I will move that :) I did some tests and I always hit it, but thanks for spotting it :)

You use the object capture tool (the tool at the top of the objects bag) and then select it in the box. I think you should do that for the rocket too. I've been trying this level for ages now and the electric block thing always kills me in the turkey cooker thing :(!

Ah ha, thanks :) the block is easy when you know how to time it :P

I am reworking Grabkey.

I have big ideas.

Gooood :)

I might make another level anyway, the one ive got on there now was made poorly to begin so holds together using rods and string everywhere lol

Stitch
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm done with my level. I just need to test it and then I'll think of a name and publish it. It's not really that good but stuff kept going wrong (the water changes so stuff kept breaking when I was just looking at how high the water was so I could put thing in the right place on top of the water) so I thought I would quickly finish it before anything else goes wrong! I reached the end of the level area I had too. Parts of it are pretty random. I'll post on here to say what to search when I'm done.

Dusty-09
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I've posted a level - tis a cloud jumper level - I know I have like 3 of them but it's only because I wanted to get 50 plays to get the trophy :(

Anyway search Amir_09 and go to Cloud Jumper - any of them really

dbgtz
07-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Search Elmooer - just run. Just run ppls lol.

While you're there play and heart my Classroom survival lvl coz I need trophy :D

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM
You know what, I'm gonna give this a go :). I haven't even made a level before because I always get sidetracked and start messing around with the rocket car :P.

Stitch
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Search my PSN name (StitchRFC) it's called Land of Ice. It's a very rushed level! :P I'll have a video up in a minute.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!