PDA

View Full Version : MAG OPEN BETA!

Dusty-09
04-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Yep its open now you can download off of the Playstation Store, first you download 37MB and then install it, then another 37MB which is an update. Then like 1.8GB of updates or something and you install that. Then after all that you can play I think - I haven't gone in a game because I queue up or whatever and wait and just sit there and it won't connect. I'll try later anyway so yeah

OPINIONZ!?

Oleh
05-01-2010, 03:03 AM
I wish it had brought my previous character over to the current stage

level 15 :(

Fez
05-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I can't connect to any game.

Great.

Neil
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
70% In and I already wanna punch someone in the face, does it have to install after downloading the 1.8Gb part?

Fez
05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
70% In and I already wanna punch someone in the face, does it have to install after downloading the 1.8Gb part?
No, thank god. Can't get a game anyway.

Neil
05-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Wow it's not really what I was expecting, mostly because everyone is trying to play it like MW2 so it has like no team work in half the games. ¬¬

Fez
05-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I can't even play it.

They should bundle it with a headset though.

dbgtz
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
They should apeel, even if it's a cheap one like M$, but I have a headset so it's all good.

dbgtz
06-01-2010, 06:12 PM
My opinion: Lacks certain things but is made up for in other ways.
1. No lag.
2. I like how they treat it as a war. They have that overall dominant bar and at this time Raven are winning (yus!).
3. Beautiful imo.

However some adjustments to guns should be made, like when u aim down sight it should be smoother.

Fez
06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Just played one game.

This needs a WWII mod, seriously, like you said, it really does feel like war.

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
What is this? :S

All that repetitive downloading and installing is why I hate PS3s btw.

Neil
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM
What the heck is the point in them making you play all the way to level 10 before being able to do 256 player? How lame is that. ¬¬

Technologic
06-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I think its ok... although i there is no sense of squad play. Just everyone going for themselves. Although it was funny when my whole team sat on the roof of one building with snipers and just destroyed the other team

Arron
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
how long did yours take to download?
mine took 1 hour 33 mins. quite impressed.
4 of my mates downloaded it and took over 6 hours :/

I dont mind the game, graphics aren't too good.

Going to level 10 to get 256 player game is quite good imo. it keeps you on it and you have an aim :)

Im not sure what the whole thing is about like, will it come out into GAME stores or will the completed version be updated on ps3?

Firehorse
06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I hate the way absolutely EVERY sound effect has an echo. Its like they recorded it in the worst possible studio ever.

Also I really hate the fact it doesn't have a kill cam or atleast show you where you were shot from as you often don't see people.

Graphics aren't superb but i'm wondering if thats one of the things they dulled a bit for the beta to make it a smaller download.

Does anyone have any idea to even start the training? Theres like no way to deploy it or is it another thing they missed deliberately for the beta?

Neil
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I think the training is just "click and read" sort of thing, more of a manual than a training session.

It's just insanely difficult to play, I ALWAYS end up defending during sabotage for whatever reason and it seems no matter what I try I always end up dying stupidly fast, most times as soon as you've been hit once it's not even worth trying because at that point you're already dead, there is no team work other than resurrecting team members and that only happens because it gives XP, other than that it's just a run'n'gun, then die a lot.

I wanted a squad based shooter, it is a very sweet game but everyone is playing it like it was CoD so most matches are won by pure luck.

Also the graphics in the beta are probably what we'll be seeing in the final release.

Coheed&Cambria
10-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I think the training is just "click and read" sort of thing, more of a manual than a training session.

It's just insanely difficult to play, I ALWAYS end up defending during sabotage for whatever reason and it seems no matter what I try I always end up dying stupidly fast, most times as soon as you've been hit once it's not even worth trying because at that point you're already dead, there is no team work other than resurrecting team members and that only happens because it gives XP, other than that it's just a run'n'gun, then die a lot.

I wanted a squad based shooter, it is a very sweet game but everyone is playing it like it was CoD so most matches are won by pure luck.

Also the graphics in the beta are probably what we'll be seeing in the final release.

Yeah I agree. If you play tactically and speak to your team, you are nearly guaranteed a win.

dbgtz
10-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I think mag was good, but it should improve in some aspects. I think the designs & graphics of some things are horrible, however I agree with above that it could be dulled down for downloads sake.

@Sergio, bear (bare? :S) in mind it is a BETA which has had patches so obviously it willhave alot of downloads, it would be the same whatever console it was for.

TaffTalk
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Well the PS3 has no headset so thats why TeamWork is lacking.

Sunny.
11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Is it just me, I cant find the download :S

Pyroka
11-01-2010, 04:56 PM
what is MAG? i have a ps3 but yeah i fail.

dbgtz
11-01-2010, 06:26 PM
an FPS with a max player count of 256, look it up for more info.

Judge Judy
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Is it just me, I cant find the download :S
That's because beta finished last night 11:59 PET time :P

Have to wait for final release now.

Still thinking whether to get it or not.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!